1/250 carrier based aircraft

• Yu, I am not impressed... no... I am SHOCKED!!! When you proceed to publish more of this pictures of your art, we will all stop building at once and will rent a plane to reach at your place as soon as possible to go back to school - YOUR school of papermodelling!
    (This does NOT mean: stop publishing of course! I am jealous abou your next steps!!!)
    Frank

• yu-san

Thank you!

There is a request one more.
    What kind of problem happens by Titanic of Stephane-san? ?(Please easily teach it in Japanese. :rotwerd:

To a dear teacher,sennaend

Original von sennaend

There is a request one more.
    What kind of problem happens by Titanic of Stephane-san? ?(Please easily teach it in Japanese. :rotwerd:

As I need to explain to sennaend-san, please excuse my writing Japanese here.

Oops, I wrote Japanese but as I expected letter garbled.
    I will write it in my blog. sennaend-san

• @ cyana-san & Frank-san,

Thank you very much for your commendation. But, my build is not so good. On the other day I bought Mr. janusz Skulski'S photograph collection and knew early days he made 1/1000 ship from paper.
    I was deeply impressed with his works and am trying to make small ship though 1/1000 is impossible feat for me. I think at least I could make around 1/400 scale. Before starting 1/400 I need to make 1/250 aircraft as first step.

In the hotel it is not possible to make clear canopy I completed A7 Corsair without canopy. Omitted some small parts because I think those parts will not stand out when we put a lot of planes on aircraft carrier's flight deck.

• hi Stephan-san,

Your little princess is right. Seeing it, I couldn't resist attaching ...

Started F-14 build. Contrary to Matthias-san and my expectation, design of this kit isn't bad.

When cut canopy frame I employed "digital cutting" technology, which Ricardo-san named a couple of hours ago, punching paper with knife blade. I must have punched too much so one frame get staggered

Original von Stephan Hintze
    Hi Yu-san,

amazing, how did you build the matchstick - and how many pieces does it have? :D

ah ... by the way. I made a catastrophic failure with CET! I was cutting with the wrong knife so i cut on sone pieces through the paper :rotwerd:
    Stephan

Here in Vietnam match stick sold is very large. Length is about 50cm. When modeler askes fellow modeler of their model size they say " How match?" Ah, my story is not funny. sorry.

I am sorry for hearing your mistake. But, it is not because of your skill but just use wrong knife. "L" will prevent same mistke to happen.

I took long time to build F-14 because assembly instruction is hard to understand.
    Remaining works are main landing gear and missiles

• Sorry, aber das kann ich in englisch nicht ausdrücken:

Wenn ich versuchen würde, eines der Modelle in die Hand zu nehmen, wäre es vermutlich platt. Sowas auch noch zu bauen ...

Keine Ahnung, wie das überhaupt jemand hinkriegt.

Meinen allergrößten Respekt dafür!

Yu-sensai you are very crazy! You must have eagle-eyes and very still (?) hands.

Greatings Andreas

Fertig: nix wesentliches
    im Bau: nix wesentliches

• Dear Yu-San,

the F-14 turned out very nicely in your hands! I would not have expected that from seeing the pages of the kit, but your magic hands probably made the miracle possible.

Looking forward to seeing your entire air wing!

Matthias

• @Andreas-san,

Can, can, can, everybody can make what somebody else can make provided that the somebody else doesn't come from extraterrestrial planet.
    And yes I am crazy :D playing with paper model alone in the hotel room. "Ready to go. Roger" wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin, byuuuuuuun(this is the sound of jet plane in Japanese)
    If my family knew their dady is playing..........

@Matthias-san,

This kit's design is great. Is this scale effect? To know that I must make this at original size of 1/50. Also I guess paper made canopy gives us different impression.

Anyway, thanks to paper modeling I am spending a pleasant time in Vietnam.

Remaining work is only missiles

• guys!

Here in Vietnam match stick sold is very large. Length is about 50cm. When modeler askes fellow modeler of their model size they say " How match?" Ah, my story is not funny. sorry.

it IS funny - my colleagues are already wondering why I chuckle all the time... :D

btw: president?? chairman ?? what's there going on? are you founding a company??

• hello yu-san

cool! =D> =D> =D>

But! All of you please do not make a mistake.

As for the second piece photograph, F-14 did not fly away, so yu-san is going to eat F-14 with japanese chopsticks.
    Please stare at the second piece photograph once again.
    F-14 looks delicious. :P

I'm sorry, I must think about a little more interesting story. :(

If it is chopsticks, it is very small. Because F-14 is 1:250.

The work of yu-san is precisely so as to let me forget the littleness. :D

sennaend

• Dear Yu-San!

Great model: You even made movable wings! What else can you ask for?

And it seems like 1:250 is a perfect scale for traveling since the models are small enough to fit any suitcase.

Have a nice weekend,

Matthias

Original von Yu Gyokubun
    And yes I am crazy :D playing with paper model alone in the hotel room. "Ready to go. Roger" wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin, byuuuuuuun(this is the sound of jet plane in Japanese)
    If my family knew their dady is playing..........

:D :D :D

fly away in your dreams ... reality is hard enough ! be a little boy so long as you can.

• Thomas San,

You are one of the nicest person I have ever met in my life to be pleased with my wretched jokes :D Many thanks.

Stephan San and I founded CETA. It stands for Cutting Edge Technology Association. In short, it the technology to cut backside of paper edge or folding line to have sharp edge. About detail you can read Stephan San's detailed explanation in his Titanic thread.

Fly Model 152 - RMS Titanic 1:200

sennaend San,

Its Vietnamise chopstick. Its too small to use for eating so only the way how to use I come up is to stick it into exhaust for playing with paper plane :D

Matthias San,

Ah, movable but by manual operation. Not by mechanics. :D
    As you said this is just perfect size for traveling. Ppaer model is resilient, unlike plastic model, so tha we can bring it during trip.

Andreas San,

Many, many thanks.
    After all, only people who understand my feeling would be fellow modelers :D

Tonight made two missiles. One is about 0.4 match and the other is about 0.3 match.
    Smaller one was difficult and my build was miserable.

• Hi Airgoon-sama,

Thank you very much for telling us an interesting story.
    When I saw the words "Goon Show" I thought its your show time. Now I know I was wrong :rotwerd:
    Reading your explanation I can imagine how it was fun and now I understand why you take "goon" in your forum name.
    "Airgoon" its nice name.

In return to your informative and interesting story please accept my humble pictures as a small token of my appreciation

Ah, you don't need them? I insist. They are Airgoon special :D

Original von Yu Gyokubun... my humble pictures ...

That's THE understatement (.. or an very bad translation - Yu-San change your translater). ;)

You are much too modest.

Original von Jagdpanther

That's THE understatement (.. or an very bad translation - Yu-San change your translater). ;)

You are much too modest.

Thanks Andreas San,
    This is Japanese traditional way of saying when we give present to someone. The meaning behind tha phrase would be "Actually, I would like to give you the best one but I am not rich and can not afford to buy the best one for you"
    In Japanese culture people condescend themselves.

Made missiles for the other side. When made smaller missile's head peeled off back side of paper then cut it. Holding missile head with tip of needle, needle isn't clearly seen in the picture though, and picked up both edges with tip of knife and round it up.
    This time build is improved compared to first one.
    Andreas San, this time I am not too modest (^o^)

Here in the hotel internect access is from time to time too slow and troublesome

• Öhhm Yu (Eagleeye)

your camera became big problems with this tiny pieces, whatever they are (I can't clearly see it)

greetings from old woodeneye.

Original von Jagdpanther
    your camera became big problems with this tiny pieces, whatever they are (I can't clearly see it)

I couldn't take good picture as I don't bring camera stand.
    I found out it relatively easy to round up small conical head holding it with needle tip and use knife blade to pick up the edge and round it up as is shown attached picture.
    Of course before rounding up peeled off backside paper to make it thin.
    @Chairman San,
    As you said, to make several of them is not so exhausting but to make 50 more.... I shouldn't have started this project :rotwerd:
    By the way I am using magnifier though it is not German made. I don't bring German magnifier because I don't want to loose it during trip :D

• Thanks a lot Hagen-san,

A couple of days ago I found out Zero from Card-models.com. It scale is 1/72. Reduced it size to 1/250 and printed with our Vietnam office printer but it is not color printer. Painted cowling with black ball point pen and Hinomaru flag (Japanese flag) with red.
    Kit itself is simplified one but I like this kit because it has swelled section in front of canopy where machine gun is stored. This is Zeros feature and I have obsession with this section.

• Hello Hagen-san,

Sorry for my late reply. Thank you for your note!

Recently, bulk order stuff arrived from moduni.
    Among them included is SEAHAWK published by HMV!
    Since I am hooked on helicopter now, I couldn't wait to assemble it.
    Today assembled front part of fuselage. The kit is printed on not thick paper. Thickness is almost same as regular copy paper.
    The kit include SH-60 B/F/J Seahawk and HH-60 J Jayhawk.
    As I don't need Jayhawk, assembled it as test build.
    Among the planes I have made so far only F18's outline is unsatisfactory so I dismissed it.

• Norbert
    Thank you :)

greeting from Tokyo

@OHI-san,

In Japanese language "master" is translated as "sensei"
    When we write "sensei" useng ideogram letters it consist of two letters. One letter means "before" or "in advance" and the other means "born" so sensei is the person who was born before the other was born.
    According to your dossier, you were born in year one thousand nine hundred ..... year of sheep and I was born in year of snake. You are a little bit younger than me so you can call me sensei according to Japanese standard :)
    And thank you for your compliment

Quickly assembled one helicopter as it was test build.
    In this close up photo many failures standout.

I will take pictures during construction in building next Seahawk.

• Greetings to you, Yu (say that aloud...)!

it's always a pleasure watching your small masterpieces (small in size, not small in mastering the art of building them).

And you always throw in little snippets of Japanese culture - something that we "Gaikokujin " usually don't understand too well.

So, it pleasue and education in one go. How can we ever top that?

ja mata,
    Michael