1/300 Fairey Delta FD2 (Scissors & Planes)

• Just completed this free download. I found it quite difficult but I think it looks okay.

The Fairey Delta FD2 was a British supersonic research aircraft that reached 1132mph in 1956. It featured a droop-snoop to aid landing/take-off.

WG774 later formed the BAC221 test bed for the Concorde and is displayed at the Fleet Air Arm museum in Yeovilton.

• Dear Armando,

Very nice tiny plane model but isn't the pitot pipe a bit oversized. Something around 0.1 mm would fit much better.

For example Wonderwire comes with 6 mils equal 0,15 mm. Unfortunately currently not available at Passat-Verlag but I'am sure they will fill the stock soon.

Or any other small wire. ^^

Best Regards

René

....es ist 5 vor 33

Demokratie ist alternativlos!

"sei a Mensch"

• Yes, René, at 0.43mm it is too big. I have changed it to 0.2mm plastic rod (I have nothing smaller), as shown, before painting silver

0.1mm would be better still 👍🏻✂️

• Hi Armando!

I positively do love this plane, congratulations! I just have never seen it. Do You recall, when this one was posted (roundabout)? I lost track of these some day...

Greetings

Heiner

"Ich glaube nicht, dass der Shitstorm die Weiterentwicklung der Demokratie ist." (Wolfgang Schäuble)

Wer "Remigration" wählt, wird "Endlösung" ernten.

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar. (Artikel 1 Grundgesetz)

• Hi Armando!

I positively do love this plane, congratulations! I just have never seen it. Do You recall, when this one was posted (roundabout)? I lost track of these some day...

Greetings

Heiner

The file is European X-planes (there are three other types on same file) and is in the Downloads archive on Papermodelers.com. I can send it to you or it is available here:

Scissors and Planes Free Model Compilation 2016

• This shows the individual components......

Assembly was made very much easier by cutting off the tabs outlined in red. At this scale, they hindered the joining process. To join the fuselage, engine and nosecone together, it was better using strips of scrap card glued on the insides and butting the components together.

• These are the other three aircraft on the file......

Many years ago I built the Leduc 022 from the Mach 2 plastic kit.

I will get around to those 😄👍🏻✂️