"USS LEUTZE" / Modelik / 1:200 [FERTIG]

• With a flick of the brush she now has the number of "USS LA Valette" D-448

The point with this is anyone can do it.
    I know nothing about computors so if I can do, then anyone can :)
    Don't throw those kits away that don't fit or the colour is wrong, have a go at kit bashing :))

More later I hope as my railings from Joseph at SPI have just landed

Have fun

Regards

Rob

• Hi all

I was just reading through some threads on cardmodels.net and found this quote from a member called "Fishotter"

"I tried building Modelik "USS Leutze", but it's such a complete mess, I gave up quickly. A pity really, I liked its camo a lot, but even that isn't entirely correct on that model "

Just goes to show that the kit does have problems :))

Regards

Rob

In einem Thread auf cardmodels.net fand ich folgenden Kommentar von "Fishotter":

"Ich habe versucht, die "USS Leutze" zu bauen, aber es so eine komplette Katastrophe, dass ich schnell aufgegeben habe. Wirklich schade, ich mag die Tarnung sehr -aber auch die ist nicht vollständig korrekt an dem Modell"

Wollte nur zeigen, dass das Modell wirklich etwas problematisch ist...

• Hi all

Tonight all I have done is to fit the rails to most of the ship, the only part left to do is the bow section.
    I still have a few small bits to fit and don't want them to get in the way.

Once these few bits are done it just the mast and rigging, then she will be finished.

Next

Heute Nacht habe ich die meisten Relinge angebracht, nur die Bugsektion fehlt noch. Es müssen noch ein paar kleine Teile angebracht werden, die mir bis jetzt nicht im Weg sein sollten.

Wenn das erledigt ist, noch der Mast und die Takelage, dann ist das Modell fertig.

• Hallo Rob :)

Bin sehr begeistert von Deiner Arbeit =D> =D>

Ich bin zwar kein Schiffsbauer, aber die Fotos verraten sehr gute Arbeit !

Schöne Grüße

Robert

--------------------------------------------

Fertig : Zuikaku 1:200
    Im Bau: Me 110,
    geplant : Tirpitz

• Hi jrts,

you showed a drawing of the DD stern with an AA-gun between the depth charges rails, also come camouflage schemes of Fletchers.
    From which book are they?

Regards, Peterator

Hallo jtrs,
    aus welchem Buch stammen die Bilder des Zerstörerhecks mit der Flak zwischen den WaBo-Schienen und die Kamouflage-Schemen?

• Hi Robert

Thank you very much for your kind words :)

Vielen Dank sehr viel für Ihre gütigen Wörter :)

Peterator

The books I use for destroyers are: -

Encyclopedia of the Worlds Warships
    Author: - Hugh Lyon
    ISBN: - 0-86101-007-8
    Published by: - Salamander Books, London.

This is the one the photo of the stern of the Fletcher class came from.

The other for British destroyers is a very old book and I think out of print.

British Detroyers from 1892 to 1953
    Author: -Edgar J. March
    ISBN: - The book is to old to have an ISBN number (1966)
    Published by: - Seeley Service & Co
    196 Shaftesbury Avenue
    London, UK
    The book has to be the best one I have ever seen on British Destroyers.

It has 175 photos and over 100 scale drawings taken from Admiralty building plans including guns, torpedo tube layouts and bridge layouts.

If you or anyone else needs information on British destoyers let me know and I will see what I have

Regards

Rob

• Hi

Here is a link with a gold mine of information, photos and drawings of ships.
    It is very slow to load but more than worth the wait, I mean it!!

http://www.wunderwaffe.narod.ru/Magazine/MK/index.htm

Hope this helps

Rob

Hier ist ein Link mit einer Unmenge an Informationen, Fotos und Zeichnungen von Schiffen. Das Laden ist sehr langsam, aber das Warten mehr als Wert. Das meine ich so!

Edited 2 times, last by jrts ().

• Rob, you have made a beautiful ship out of a difficult and frustrating kit! :))

A good lesson is learned from this thread on how to overcome what seem to be insurmountable obstacles just by patience, a bit of the gray matter and a love for the subject, and to end up with a masterpiece. :]

I hope to see the final result after the bow is completed and all the masts and rigging installed.

Well done, mate, so very well done! =D>

Cheers!

Jim

Rob, Du hast ein schönes Schiff aus einem schwierigen und frustrierenden Bausatz erstellt.

Eine gute Lektion dieses Threads ist, wie man unüberwindlich scheinende Hindernisse meistert, durch Überlegung, etwas Geduld und liebe zum Thema, damit man mit einem Meisterwerk enden kann.

Ich hoffe, das abschließende Resultat zu sehen, nachdem der Bug fertiggestellt und alle Maste und die Takelung angebracht sind..

Sehr gut gemacht, sehr gut!.

(I hope some kind soul corrects my rough translation so it is understandable. :)) ) ( Done :) )