This website uses cookies. By continuing to use our site you declare your agreement. More Information

Dear visitor, welcome to Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bernie

Intermediate

• "bernie" is male
  • "bernie" started this thread

Date of registration: May 18th 2005

Tuesday, June 30th 2009, 9:58pm

War Museum

I like to visit Museums. There you can meet items standing next to each other which normaly were more than thousands kilometers away. The best Museum I have ever seen was WTS in Koblenz. Based on this experience I got idea of War Museum Diorama collecting several WWII weapons in one Model - scene.

Scale choosed 1/18 to be big enough to see all the details Underground level reserved for ZIS 3 and Flak 38.

Enjoy:

The scene will be more dramatic arranged including hand-painted backgrounds to give idea of appearance like in Duxford Museum. Just because is mud on wheels of ZIS dry.
It is normal to own ORIGINAL

Markus Gruber

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 1st 2009, 1:06am

it look very nice... =)

tekzo

Trainee

• "tekzo" is male

Date of registration: Apr 29th 2009

Wednesday, July 1st 2009, 8:11am

WOW its a great diorama bernie , is it scracthbuild?
tekzo
myhobbycraft.blogspot.com

bernie

Intermediate

• "bernie" is male

Wednesday, July 1st 2009, 9:00pm

Dear tekzo,

ZIS-3 is a freedownload model /BW version only/

Flak 38 was issued by Czech Publisher KoBo in scale 1/16 also with wheel-carrier /bit simplified version was issued in Czech magazine ABC as well, but KoBo sold its work to HAL, where was a bit modified and issued in 1/25 as "Flak 38 2cm" - one of rare A4 format cardmodels.
I did a re-scale of Original KoBo card to 1/18, but to be honest a lot modifications and upgrades were done based on walkaround as follows:

http://www.primeportal.net/artillery/car…s/20mm_flak_38/

BTW - very nice works have seen on your Blog - congratulation and admiration 8o

bernie

Intermediate

• "bernie" is male

Monday, July 6th 2009, 9:38am

....more details placed on Flak 38 as eg ammo basket is. The net is made of fixing belt from the first aid kit.

About shields:

To make a Flak 38 including protective - shields and to place in in to the "dark corner" in diorama means that a lot of details can not be seen anymore. Therefore I made a shield from transparent film. With the next reply I will prepare a step by step how to make plastic shield which allows to see parts behind.

Enjoy

bernie

Intermediate

• "bernie" is male

Wednesday, July 8th 2009, 10:54pm

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

Social bookmarks