This website uses cookies. By continuing to use our site you declare your agreement. More Information

Dear visitor, welcome to Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Leif Ohlsson

Professional

• "Leif Ohlsson" started this thread

Date of registration: Dec 21st 2004

Monday, March 10th 2008, 1:18pm

Upcoming: Jumo 004 & Merlin 63 from Alin Osarik

We have already seen the DB601 engine for the Messerschmidt Bf109F, the Merlin engine for the Spitfire Vb from Halinski, and Walter HWK rocket engine for the Orlik Me163b0 from Alin Osarik. All these models can be downloaded here from Kartonbau.de.

Now he is announcing two new projects, to be realized within the next two months: The Jumo 004 early jet engine, and the Merlin 63 for the Spitfire IX (suitable for the new Halinski model). Both engine models will be in 1/33 scale.

Alin's own illustration of his work on the Jumo 004 is attached. I can only presume that this is actually his own 3D-illustration of the kit, and not a real museum piece! There are no photos on Alin's own website yet, so this is a first announcement.
Leif Ohlsson has attached the following image:
  • 0020.jpg
Dankbar für die Gelegenheit auf Englisch schreiben zu dürfen, kann aber Antworten problemlos auf Deutsch lesen.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Leif Ohlsson" (Mar 10th 2008, 1:23pm)

Jan Hascher

Moderator - DerTranslator

• "Jan Hascher" is male

Date of registration: Sep 23rd 2004

Monday, March 10th 2008, 1:32pm

Now this could give a push to one of the projects I have in mind. Although I won't tell which :)
Thanks for keeping us posted, Leif.

Cheers
Jan
Jeder, der einen Post mit "Ich habe zwar keine Ahnung, aber..." beginnt, möge bitte den Absenden-Button ignorieren.

Leif Ohlsson

Professional

• "Leif Ohlsson" started this thread

Date of registration: Dec 21st 2004

Monday, March 10th 2008, 6:02pm

Alin has passed on a few other renderings of the Jumo engine. Hard to believe that the last one is not for real, but only clever 3D rendering plus Photoshop work...

If Alin tells me that this is in fact a plastic mockup of his model, placed on top of the print sheet, I will certainly feel like a fool!

But I take comfort in the fact that the thin line under the image says "render time 0hr 7m 22.8s".
Leif Ohlsson has attached the following images:
  • r0003.jpg
  • r0004.jpg
  • 0006.jpg
Dankbar für die Gelegenheit auf Englisch schreiben zu dürfen, kann aber Antworten problemlos auf Deutsch lesen.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Leif Ohlsson" (Mar 10th 2008, 6:07pm)

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

Social bookmarks