This website uses cookies. By continuing to use our site you declare your agreement. More Information

Dear visitor, welcome to Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Leif Ohlsson

Professional

• "Leif Ohlsson" started this thread

Date of registration: Dec 21st 2004

Tuesday, August 15th 2006, 12:30pm

Tutorial on the web: Making a 1:25 bicycle

On my regular check of Cardmodels.net I found a tip by Gil Russel on a Japanese website on how to make spoked wheels.

That was fascinating in its own right. But it turned even better when I ran the site through Babelfish to get a rough translation into English. Then I discovered that this is part of a three-page tutorial on how to make a complete bicycle in paper, from scratch! The scale, judging from the measured wheel size in one of the photos, is ca 1:25.

So, here we go, introducing this Japanese master and his work:

The craftsman at work is K. Hayashi, and you will find his portal page here (all links refer to Babelfished translations into English).

Clicking on the image of the bycycle takes you to the introductory page for that project:

The first real page is all about making the spoked wheels, completely in paper:

Next, we proceed to the making of the frame, forks, etc., often with special jigs:

Ending up with the finishing parts, like the saddle:

Go have a look for yourself. I guarantee that you will be both inspired and awed. What a long way most of us have to achieve this kind of patience and perfection!

Leif
Dankbar für die Gelegenheit auf Englisch schreiben zu dürfen, kann aber Antworten problemlos auf Deutsch lesen.

Jan Hascher

Moderator - DerTranslator

• "Jan Hascher" is male

Date of registration: Sep 23rd 2004

Tuesday, August 15th 2006, 1:01pm

Leif,
this is one hell of a catch. Amazing. Even the spokes are made of paper...

Cheers
Jan
Jeder, der einen Post mit "Ich habe zwar keine Ahnung, aber..." beginnt, möge bitte den Absenden-Button ignorieren.

Gil Russell

Intermediate

• "Gil Russell" is male

Date of registration: Sep 30th 2004

Tuesday, August 15th 2006, 7:36pm

The Art of Paper

Leif,

Hayashi-san is an artist who has perfected his medium to the level of master. I spent a lot of time looking at his site and recommend it to anyone interested in paper modeling as a true artform. I still have a lot to strive for...,

-Gil Russell
I got carded!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Gil Russell" (Aug 15th 2006, 7:40pm)

Oliver Wilking

Intermediate

• "Oliver Wilking" is male

Date of registration: May 2nd 2006

Wednesday, August 23rd 2006, 10:08am

I can't believe it, crazy!

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

Social bookmarks