This website uses cookies. By continuing to use our site you declare your agreement. More Information

Dear visitor, welcome to Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Yu Gyokubun

Professional

• "Yu Gyokubun" is male
  • "Yu Gyokubun" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 4th 2007

Saturday, June 9th 2007, 2:24pm

Ticonderoga HMV 1/250

Hello,

Today I attended funeral ceremony of my business associates.
In one year four acquaintances have past away. All of them were at the age of middle fifties upto middle sixties.
I am not young anymore too. I might be next. My acquaintances past away at relatively young age comes as a fresh reminder that I must do what I want to do before going to long home.
Let's make card models!!!!

This Ticonderoga, workmanship of hand rail was terrible.
Material I used was sewing yarn. But some parts stiffness was not enough. For next ship I have already bought laser cut handrail ordering moduni. Perhaps next one will be better ( I hope so).

By above reason I hesitated to take close-up pictures.

Best regards,
Yu Gyokubun has attached the following images:
  • DSCF0836.jpg
  • DSCF0854.jpg
  • DSCF0900_reduced.jpg

GUNNY

Trainee

• "GUNNY" is male

Date of registration: Aug 10th 2006

Saturday, June 9th 2007, 5:44pm

RE: Ticonderoga HMV 1/250

Hi Yu,

for Your superb built Ticonderoga I would recommend to use photoetched parts. Their thicknessis is only 50% of the lasercut parts.Another advantage is the greater stability (metal!). If You dont want the special parts for the Ticonderoga, You can use Two - Bar / Three - Bar Railings ("Standard - Railings").Their are also stanard Incline -Ladders available.

Best regards
Gunny

Yu Gyokubun

Professional

• "Yu Gyokubun" is male
  • "Yu Gyokubun" started this thread

Date of registration: Jun 4th 2007

Saturday, June 9th 2007, 6:39pm

RE: Ticonderoga HMV 1/250

Hi Gunny,

Thank you very much for your kind information.
I did not know photoetched parts are so thin.
It worth trying.
Thank you again. =)

Best regards

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

Social bookmarks