Design of 1/400 IJN Furutaka class heavy cruiser Kako

• I was working hard to design the ship and influenced by the success of the previous ship(1/400 CL-55 Cleveland ,you can find in my last post), I decided to continue to complete the design of this ship IJN Furutaka class Kako. I originally wanted to design her sister because the Furutaka class was the beginning of the design of Japanese heavy cruisers (although at that time she was designed as a reconnaissance cruiser), and I found it difficult to find information on Furutaka before modernization, and 6 single-mount guns should be very interesting, and I have not seen anyone else design Furutaka in this type.

Another reason is that the cruiser Kako has been updated in the game War Thunder, and there is very little information about the ancient eagle class in the form before the transformation, so I decided to give up the research and follow the model in the game to reduce my burden. Of course, for some reasons I can't insist on updating, but I will find a way to update the progress, thank you for your attention, and hope to get your suggestions.

At present, the degree of design completion is still relatively high, this plan was first proposed in June last year, so after a year and a half, the design of the 3D model and the removal of the keel were completed, the picture is as follows

The keel design chooses a relatively simple way, because it is a 1/400 design, so the keel design is 0.5mm

In the future, I will try to complete the hull mold removal and instruction manual drawing, drawing coloring, model testing, etc., which will be updated from time to time

• The carrier-based aircraft uses an early version of the Type 94 seaplane, (Kawanishi E7K1), because of the small scale, I omitted many details, but fortunately this aircraft is more recognizable.

• The first was the testing of the waterline version, which was still conducted by Joseph

It must be admitted that there seems to be a little problem with the side skin, probably due to the function of the Rhino5.0 software ‘unrollsrf’, I checked the model, and there is a certain difference in the skin area unfolded by the two methods of ‘unrollsrf‘’ and ’squish’

Edited 2 times, last by Lucky_CV12: Merged a post created by Lucky_CV12 into this post. ().

• I'm trying to draw some laser details for this boat, and some of the details inside look difficult to make.

Of course, the laser keel is not considered at the moment until I actually have the opportunity to experiment by myself, because it is difficult to grasp how much ablation needs to be retained.

The appearance of the bridge is as follows, I do not plan to add further details, 400 scale should be a pleasant and easy production

Edited once, last by Lucky_CV12: Merged a post created by Lucky_CV12 into this post. ().