CSH-2 ROOIVALK from HOBBY MODEL

• Hi

This time in plan is build a helicopter from Republic of South Africa - Atlas/Denel CSH2 Rooivalk from HOBBY MODEL. This publish is 3rd revision from 2004, but still it is an old school model with hand drawing elements :cool: (this is offset print not poor quality ANSWER reprint :thumbdown: ). So I know what it could be, knowing HOBBY MODEL quality and big problem with symetry in old models 8| .

So let's go.

For first - main center frame (I added stabilizers made of toothpicks for drying time)

And first element - I add parallel reinforcements from 1mm cardboard on both sides were in future will be glued engines elements (so that the fuselage element does not undulate)

• Hi

Small step forward with center segment - I decide to remake 2 formers for 1 fromer and joining tab. Here is small color difference between model sheets, small camo mismatch :S

Pilots cockpits walls - I put it inside as single elements - small problem with length fit, and I had to little bit cut them

• Hi

Pilots cockpits elements

And all

In side walls I made small holes to put there inside landing gear wire elements. In original this elements are glued to outside wall, so this plan should be better ?(- I think

• Hey

Today cockpit segment fuselage part. First I form shape, then glue inside "glasses" in side windows. Next I put all on frame. Little bit shame, that inner side is white (only down are small pieces of colored parts).

When walls dry, I glue rest windows (top & front) cuted for single parts (easier to assembny).

Nose cover

And assembled cockpit segment

• Hey

Engines covers

Outlet fins don't have reverse, so I glued It on color paper and roll. When they dry, I glue them to square frame

Next, outside elements (I decide to male joining tabs from black cardboard). And then put inside eleier made frame

The elements are a bit poorly fitted and need to be adjusted, especially the reduction element

• I start glue engines to fuselage from front

Back fit bad, so it was necessary to paint over the color on both sides

And both engine modules

Camouflage pattern fit not bad

• Hey

Main rotor gear cover - I glue top element on 1mm cardboard. Small problems with fit back small part

Base reinforcement I glue to fuselage

Then glue whole made module

Look OK.

For next - tail beam

• Hey

I'm back after small break

Tail beam elements

Tail fin

And after gluing to main body, tail rotor drive shaft cover

Camouflage colors fit quite good

• Hi

Landing gears

Wheels I made from painted cardboard discs

I add reinforcements from wire

Rear wheel

Main wheel

IMO rolled supports for front wheels are ~1/3 to long - they should be shorter :?:

• When you built up the fuselage, are the cardboard formers/bulkheads part of the kit or do you have to transfer from plan to cardboard?

Thanks 👍🏻

• When you built up the fuselage, are the cardboard formers/bulkheads part of the kit or do you have to transfer from plan to cardboard?

Thanks 👍🏻

Generally, mostly I use "original/default" elements from publish and wire elements maked from templete. In models I use ready canopy selled in stores (if is available).

But sometimes if I see that designed solution is poor (like sometimes weak skeleton for big wings or huge areas without any reinforcements) I add some elements to strenght whole construction. Generally I use 0,5 and 1mm cardboarst "wastes" and wooden tooth/skewer sticks/planks (sometimes I change wire element to wooden). Less often I add wire elements.

Some stores offers ready 3D printed / resin elements (like wheels, small details, bombs, rockets, gun barrels), but I didn't try them yet. Maybe in future, who knows.