1/250 Hansa-Brandenburg W.29 Seaplane (PaperShipwright)

• I am attempting to build this very small WW1 aircraft :) , one of the free downloads from PaperShipwright.

The seaplane is printed in RAF colours, which is what attracted me to it (I believe that one was captured by the RAF). The kit has two seaplanes, each of which is comprised of 18 parts - I can just about resolve/handle these ;( .

• Individual components cut out (edges not yet coloured)......

The fuselage was scored a bit too heavily, so the bottom pieces detached when they were folded - shouldn't be too much of a problem, though.

I worked in a gentle curve on the top of the fuselage......

Here, it has been folded and the separated bottom pieces can be seen......

The floats have been assembled

• The fuselage is partially glued, with the tail fin in place. I reinforced the insides with PVA.

I applied the slight dihedral to the wing with a pair of flat-nosed pliers.

• Hi Armando!

A very crisp build, so far, congratulations - this will be a beauty! You might have opened up the cockpit, of course, but that´s strictly optional.

I like Your tools, by the way - the No. 10a-blade for instance opened up a completely new range of cutout-possibilities for me. I will follow this with great interest!

Regards

Heiner

"Ich glaube nicht, dass der Shitstorm die Weiterentwicklung der Demokratie ist." (Wolfgang Schäuble)

Wer "Remigration" wählt, wird "Endlösung" ernten.

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar. (Artikel 1 Grundgesetz)

• Hi Armando!

A very crisp build, so far, congratulations - this will be a beauty! You might have opened up the cockpit, of course, but that´s strictly optional.

I like Your tools, by the way - the No. 10a-blade for instance opened up a completely new range of cutout-possibilities for me. I will follow this with great interest!

Regards

Heiner

Heiner - I thought about opening the cockpits up but....... 😂 Maybe I'll try that on the spare model...

• The wing is attached to the fuselage (after some trimming) and the separated lower fuselage parts are ready to attach. I think it was actually better to have the lower fuselage separated......

• I am thinking that such a small, fragile, model should be mounted on a little display. What would you like to see?

On the sea?

Or on the ground, with a trolley and rear support?

Maybe I'll build the spare model and have two displays 😂

• I have completed the model 😄

What a well-designed kit this is!!

I am making a seascape display base for it and will post photos in the Gallery when ready

Thank you for following 👍🏻✂️

• Hi,

very well!!! :thumbsup:

Mit besten Grüßen aus Hagen

Christoph

"Der Mensch ist nur da in der vollen Bedeutung des Wortes Mensch wo er spielt und er spielt nur da, wo er Mensch ist."
    Friederich Schiller