[Card Army] FM-2 WILDCAT, 1:33, 2/2021

• Epilogue

FM-2 is my second Card Army model kit and I am very happy to build one.

The kit has very accurate parts and fits are just so~~~ great.

I had also learned quite a lot different techniques in building this FM-2 (For example, struts)

I had enjoyed the construction and appreciate to the Designer Marcin Dworzecki .

It was also great honor to be introduced in 'Studio Harmonia'

I would strongly recommend the kit but please be aware that the kit needs similar to or more difficult construction skills that needed in the Halinski models.

The FM-2 goes into the hanger.

Thank you so much for all your interests and encouragements. All thumb-ups.

I really appreciate your kind comments, too.

Special thanks to Zaphod for his endless kind comments.

Seo by the Bay

• Hello seo,

a fantastic build and a great building report! Chapeau! And a very nice hangar with a lot of other famous planes, a very outstanding collection of great builds.

Herzliche Grüße
    Gerald

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm walking! @fats_domino

• Hi Seo,

I just read on Facebook, that you have finished :D Congratulations :thumbup: Great Work :thumbsup:

The Question is: Which Halinski will you cut on as the next Model 8o

Regards,

Daniel.

• Hello Seo,

Congratulation for finishing this superb model! I didn´t think that anyone would build this part-monster, but you did it!

What´s next?

Regards

Robert

• Hello seo,

a fantastic build and a great building report! Chapeau! And a very nice hangar with a lot of other famous planes, a very outstanding collection of great builds.

Gerald,

Thank you so much for your kind encouragement.

My collection is growing and I hope I could build every Halinski WWII fighter model. Card Army as well.

Seo by the Bay

• Daniel,

I haven't decided what would the next model. Previously I thought P-38 Lighting or unfinished Spitfire brothers.

Now I am adding A6M2 or Me262.... in the list too. :D

Seo by the Bay

• Robert,

It turned out that the kit is easier that it looks. Very straightforward with the instruction.

I just messed up with frame insertions and foldable wings.

Any recommendation for the next model? I do have a few in my mind but I haven't decided yet.

Seo by the Bay

• Moin Seo,

superbly built, well documented and best photographed :thumbup: .

Thanks for everything

Gustav

Gustav,

Thank you for everything too.

Seo by the Bay

• Hello Seo,

congratulations on completing this outstanding kit in such a fabulous fashion!

I daresay that this model will remain one of the benchmarks of papermodelling for years to come. The print is out of this world, the details surpass even Halinski and the overall fit is excellent.

It took a model builder of equally unique abilities to get this bird into the air. You unravelled the instructions, (I marvelled at the sections with the landing gear) and topped the construction by adding a durable solution for the folding wings.

All I hope for is a similarly challenging plane from Card Army which catches your fancy ...

Kind regards

Zaphod

• Zaphod,

It was a great fun to work on the FM-2 and I am expecting new kits from Card Army.

I might skip P-40 but definitely would work on f6f.

Seo by the Bay

• Gerald Friedel told me, that we need much more Papercraft-Spitfires :P I think this would be a great Choice 8o

Regards,

Daniel.

Daniel,

It is a 13 years old project. I believe that I still have all the parts to finish the brothers.

Seo

The only problem is that I lost some of my skill sets that I used to have.

Since I started again papermodeling (21.05) after 8~9 years of dusty rests, I have tried but I could not get this back.

I am asking myself again and again whether it should continue this project.

Or should I wait until I could get back the skill... :pinch: , which might be 'never'.

• Or should I wait until I could get back the skill...

Well... You just finished the most difficult Plane-Model available on the Market and the first Thing you do after this is... asking yourself about your not so good Skill-Level ?(

I think for some Spitfires, it will be more than enough :thumbup: And I know this Project of building three Spitfires at the same Time very well. Two Years back I was searching Construction-Pictures for my Tropical-Spit and found this incomplete Building-Report. Would be nice to see those three Models finished 8o

Regards,

Daniel.

• wow! well done! :thumbsup:

your skills should investet in Halinskis Me262 nightfighter oder Me110 nightfighter (last edition)... ;)

Osborne,

Thank you so much for your kind encouragements.

I am avoiding any thing big like ME110 because I can not keep it in my room.

Definitely ME262 is on my list.

Seo by the Bay

• Daniel,

Very very motivated now for my unfinished project.

Thank you. :thumbsup:

Seo by the Bay

• Unbelievable what you have presented to us, Seo. You know that I am working on the same model. Your building report is, and will stay a great reference for me during the rest of my build. Congratulations with this masterpiece!

• On the way to DTW, I am making a connection at ORD.

Surprisingly, I found a F4F Wildcat display. (It is a US army version though.)

I am very happy to see it. It is a loner from the Museum.

It was restored from a underwater wreckage.

It is just beautiful.

• Hi Seo!

This is interesting! I learned these days a few things about the cornbelt-carriers, USS WOLVERINE and USS SABLE. Both were exclusivly intended for carrier qualification, and they were hard driven to achieve their goals. Between January 1943 and September 1945, more than 120.000 take-off and landings took place. This beauty here was one of the 128, that were lost and turned Lake Michigan into one of the biggest airplane graveyards. A very impressive film is available on YouTube, that I highly recommend.

I just am a bit astounded, that she is painted in Army colours, as You write; the operations were strictly Navy.

Thank You for showing.

"Ich glaube nicht, dass der Shitstorm die Weiterentwicklung der Demokratie ist." (Wolfgang Schäuble)

Wer "Remigration" wählt, wird "Endlösung" ernten.

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar. (Artikel 1 Grundgesetz)

Edited once, last by Heiner ().