[Card Army] FM-2 WILDCAT, 1:33, 2/2021

• Zaphod,

I plan to put the wings in their folded positions. As Marcin pointed out, it would be difficult to make them adjustable. If I have to choose one position, it would be the folded position.

Seo by the Bay

• Hello Seo,

excellent work from you, so perfect!

The texture of the print is amazing realistic!

Your work remember me on the planes buildt by Riclite.

Greetings to the bay!

Wiwo

"Es gibt viel zu viele Lautsprecher und viel zuwenig Kopfhörer!"

Fritz Grünbaum, 1934

• Wiwo,

Thank you so much for your kind encouragement.

Riclite is not building any model recently.

Seo by the Bay

• Hello Seo,

Riclite is not building any model recently.

I know.

His last activity here was in April 2019 and in the neighbourhood at the yellow forum he was seen last time in February 2020.

I hope he is well.

Greetings to the Bay,

Wiwo

Addition:

At papermodellers.com his last activity was on 7th. March, this year.

Wiwo

"Es gibt viel zu viele Lautsprecher und viel zuwenig Kopfhörer!"

Fritz Grünbaum, 1934

Edited once, last by wiwo1961 ().

• Hi Seo

Very impressed by what you are offering us... your thread is also a perfect guide for my own build!

A question to you who knows everything about the Wildcat model:

In the six small instruction drawings showing the position of the frames of the air intakes some part numbers are highlighted in black. The warning in the instructions says that "these parts are wrongly printed in the opposite direction of the parts in the model; the parts in the model are, of course, correctly numbered".

I read it and read it again, and I still don't understand what exactly is the meaning of this. Maybe you can give me a clue, because I want to avoid mistakes that I can not correct afterwards.

Thanks !

• jcvandenbergh

I guess your question is for those six parts

I really don't recall what the instruction was and actually I didnot use those part to make intake ducts.

I am not 100% sure but what Marcin Dworzecki meant the arrow directions are opposite.

I am out of town and will get back to you after I am home.

Seo by the Bay

• Thank you! I’ll be waiting patiently!

jcvandenbergh

I might not be of much help.

I didn't take any photos of prints and obviously I have only the frame of #23. Would you take photos of #23 duct parts and post here so that I could regain the memory? I am not sure how but I put my vague memory notice on the fact that I should flip over the highlight parts for the right assembly. You could try. Even I didn't use most of these frame inserts. I think I used the first and the last one to shape the ducts.

• One more remark: I just discovered that for instance on part 23bL the small horizontal mark (indicating, as I suppose, the place where the joint must be positioned) is at the right side in the drawing and at the left side in the model. That might be the answer...

• One more remark: I just discovered that for instance on part 23bL the small horizontal mark (indicating, as I suppose, the place where the joint must be positioned) is at the right side in the drawing and at the left side in the model. That might be the answer...

jcvandenbergh

You might be right. I just remember they must be flipped.

• I started the construction of the air duct, and here is the final answer: part number23 bL on the first drawing is in fact 23 bP on the model; part 23 eL on the second drawing is in fact 23 eP on the model, etc. (Please correct me if I am wrong!). In other words: do not follow the part numbering in the drawings, just follow the part numbering on the sheets of the model.

• 96s and 96t :D

Does one of 96s or 96t look smaller than the other?

You are not the only one.

Just illusion.

I remember I learned it in my Psychology 101.

• Finally I came back :D .

It's been already two months since my last update.

My job requires recent frequent trips , which might also prove that we are all getting out of the pandemic finally.

Not much construction work but I am moving forward again.

The work for the 81 family

• Hey Seo,

the cat is growing very well, you did an awesome Job!

I am looking foward to see the cat with this realistic looking wings!
    Farther much fun while building this!

Kind regards from the river rhine!

Matthias

• Hey Seo,

the cat is growing very well, you did an awesome Job!

I am looking foward to see the cat with this realistic looking wings!
    Farther much fun while building this!

Kind regards from the river rhine!

Matthias

Donklödo

Progress is slow but moves forward.

I would expect to finish it in a month finally.

Seo by the Bay

• Hello Seo,

excellent work on both, the flaps and the propeller. I have never seen flaps with that much detail before and your result makes them look like photographs taken from areal Wildcat.

Kind regards

Zaphod

• Zaphod,

Now major building processes are done, leaving about a hundred or two small parts.

I haven't decided the wing position yet. Folded or unfolded.

I don't think I could build foldable or adjustable wings (the hinge parts looks too small and weak. 3D printing might be helpful, which I don't have)

I am evaluating a few ideas. The most feasible one is to use two different metal rod shapes to hold the wings in positions. In this case, the wings are not fixed, not foldable but adjustable. The second idea is to put extra hinges, which make the wings foldable but the assembly looks unrealistic showing huge hinges,

Just ideas yet. Open for recommendations, though. The third is to forget troubles and to stick to the original plan, gluing down everything in one position.

Seo by the Bay

• Hi Seo,

following your construction report closely, it is always jaw dropping. I'm absolutely amazed by the things i see. Keep on glueing, it will be a masterpiece of cardmodelling in any way.

regards

Robi

Jean Luc Picard ( USS Enterprise): Die Summe der Intelligenz auf dem Planeten bleibt immer gleich, nur die Bevölkerung wächst.

Andere haben Flugzeugträger, wir haben die Gorch Fock.

I´m a Billiever, #17, Go Buffalo

• Robi,

Thank you so much for your kind encouragement. The construction got slow a lot recently due to my schedule but it is in the final stage leaving small parts only. I am also expecting the event for the main wing assembly to the fuselage.

Seo by the Bay