[Card Army] FM-2 WILDCAT, 1:33, 2/2021

• Hello Seo,

you just seem to be racing ahead through the most ambitiuos steps containing so many tiny parts.

The first fits of the large sections promise a spectacular model when finished. I am strongly in favor of leavong the canopy mopen.

Kind regards

Zaphod

• Zaphod,

I expect the construction pace would be a lot slower in the coming weeks.

I will be out of town for two weeks and started my commute again.
    After stuck in the traffic again, I realized I had spent great time (Once in my lifetime, I hope) for the last two years.

I am grateful.

Seo by the Bay

• Hello Seo,

what a shame !

Do you know the funcion of the three lights at the bottom of the fuselage? Some signal for carrier-landings?

KInd regards

Zaphod

• The work for fairing parts of the left wing

Fairing parts. Marcin Dworzecki added an additional part, 74L(K), which is shorter than the regular 74L.

He asked to use the K marked part for the case when you need a shorter fairing.

I don't get it but I could use just the regular one 74L.

'

• Hello Seo,

congratulations on the first parts of the wings. You fit the dreaded fairings very well. A question regarding parts 67 & 68: How did you overcome the misfit? To me it looked as if it was exactly the thickness of the (reinforced) card, so was this not calculated into the construction?

Kind regards

Zaphod

• Zaphod,

You might be right. I should have more adjustment on the frame of the cockpit.

Another theory of mine is that the cockpit frame got twisted, causing misfit into the fuselage and taking a bit more volume that it should.

I usually use fairings to cover up the misfit but here the fairings were long and narrow, which do not give more room to cover.

Seo by the Bay

• Photos from testing of the prototype. Everything is just fine.

• I gave you a completely different answer. I was confused. After Marcin Dworzecki showed the wing parts, I realized that you had asked about the wing parts.

I guess you were suspicious of the inner lining. It could be. or something else.

1) I used oil based UHU to glue the outer surface and inner lining. This UHU is great not to wrinkle paper but since it is not absorbed into paper, it could made glued paper thicker. In that sense, you might be right.

2) Another idea is that I might cut the frame bigger. This misfit in my construction was ~1mm. The wing frame has about 5mm radius of curvature in the front. The circumference difference between 5mm and 4.9mm radiu is ~0.7mm. I might cut frames 0.1~0.2 mm bigger, which is a regular error by manual hand cutting. It happens all the time to me. We are cutting about 1.1 mm thick paper guided a printed thin line. No wonder I could not see the line clearly with my aging eyes.

Anyway, the solution is always to make frames smaller > Reducing any bulge or removing any unwanted angle and so on after fit checking.

• Photos from testing of the prototype. Everything is just fine.

Thank you very much for sharing photos. I believe that of course you checked them already. :D

It is just my construction skill. It is all manual cutting and putting together.

In my construction, I don't care about 1mm errors. It happens all the time.

Actually that is the beauty of paper modeling, isn't it?

• I am back...

The work for the right side of the inner main wing

Again, I got the same trouble. I might cut the frame bigger.

But no problem though after adjustment

Fit checks and glued to the fuselage

• Yes, she is. But it would take a lot more time to put them all together. A few week-long trips are also coming around so my construction will be spotty.

• Hello Seo,

very clean build, the print of the model never ceases to amaze me.

Strange that the small elevator-corrector (or what is it called?) on the right side was not done as a separate part.

Kind regards

Zaphod

• Zaphod,

Thank you very much for your kind encouragements.

I believe that I follow the instruction :D and the original design does not include the separation.

Marcin Dworzecki might do it in his coming F6f.

Seo by the Bay

• Zaphod

I don't think Marcin include elevator trim taps in his coming F6f.

The image from his FB announcement did not show elevator trim taps.

Seo by the Bay

• Dear Seo,

Parts 103i & 103j are very important, so don't forget to bend them properly. :D

René

....es ist 5 vor 33

Demokratie ist alternativlos!

"sei a Mensch"