how to build 90° pipe in paper?

• Dear Forum, I have a question: How can a tube be built with a clean 90 ° without sticking to pieces or secmete to gluin? Please see attached pictures.

Also there is a picture of my current build and it is clear thi looks not good.

I like to make in a diameter of 6-8mm some pipe work. Actually they should be able to transfer some air.

Task is to build the 99° and 45° bendings as ' natiral' as can.

• I agree with Joachim. It is almost impossible to bend hollow paper pipes.

But you might want to try to bend a paper rod tightly rolled.

In small curvature, you would see kinks, which could be adjustable.

By the way the rod shown is from cotton swabs.

• Seo, I‘ve also tried it with cotton swabs, cause the sticks are made of paper.

It does not work without kinks.

Helmut B.

I agree. It is not a 100% kink free solution.

But please try to bend a cotton swab rod slowly from a big curvature to a small curvature and repeat bending and unbending, shaping the bending point.

I think the whole game is how to make an outer surface portion soft and to let it stretched out like wooden stick bending with hot water steam.

• Thank you very much for all good answers and the experiments. Cotten swap stike probld but I need a solution in 6 mm inner diameter. Plastic or.metal in a paper model I try to avoid. However, I believe that my little question leads to the interpreted engineers in this forum to success.:)

“It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.” ― Winston S. Churchill.

• what do you think about makeing a mould, a negative, and do the paperwork inside?

Someone did this before?

“It is not enough that we do our best; sometimes we must do what is required.” ― Winston S. Churchill.