MV Wedel in 1:250 from Paper Shipwright

• Hi colleagues,

Last week I started assembling the MV Wedel from Paper Shipwright. The model was printed on Colotech paper 160 g/m, on a laser printer. I don’t think the build will be fast, but I will make an effort to finish it and share it on the forum.

For several years I have not assembled ships in 1/250 and clearly understand that I cannot cut windows with the same high quality as many colleagues on the forum, so I decided not to cut out the glazing of the wheelhouse.

With some thought, I decided to cut off the regular petals for gluing and make them in separate parts.
    At the moment, the model looks like this:

• Sergey_Chesnakov

Changed the title of the thread from “MV Wedel in 1:250 from Papershipwright” to “MV Wedel in 1:250 from Paper Shipwright”.
  • Hi Sergey!

This looks promising! You chose a technique with Your petals, that is favoured by some of the best builders we have here, and by the Passat publishing house - not a bad choice! And the windows do not have to be cut out; David Hathaway has given them a very decent grafic. I am just wondering, that the two decks seem to have different shades of green - is that right? I never noticed that before!

Greetings

Heiner

• I am just wondering, that the two decks seem to have different shades of green - is that right? I never noticed that before!

Hi Heiner!

Thanks for the kind words :)

The deck is completely green in the model of the same type vessel MV Baltic.

MV Wedel has a green deck on the forecastle only, while the aft working deck is dark gray.

Yours faithfully,

Sergey

• Hi, Friends!

David, I am very pleased with Your attention to my humble topic, it gives additional inspiration for the build :)

Today I finished the installation of auxiliary parts and glued the decks.

The result for today:

• Hi friends!

The sides are glued. Due to the fact that I removed the regular petals, the length of the sides turned out to be excessive. From the side of the nose, I shortened each part by about 1 mm.

Also worked with the details of the wheelhouse

Yours faithfully,

Sergey