Making of aircraft MiG AT "83" from GPM, 1:33

• Hi

This time I would like You present of building model MiG AT 83 aircraft from GPM.

In buil I decide to use joint tab variant of model (model is designed to use double reinforced elements or join tab witch 1 rib).

All hub structural elements I glued on 1mm cardboard (wings elements on 0,5 mm).

For beginning I make two central segments behind cockpit (I make small holes for wings elements).

Then I made the rear cockpit

• walkiria

Changed the title of the thread from “Aircraft MiG AT "83" form GPM, 1:33” to “Aircraft MiG AT "83" from GPM, 1:33”.
  • Die hab ich auch schon im Regal liegen.:cool:

Cooler Fliescher. Interessant ist die neuartige Konstruktion des Bogens da zb die Radkästen und das Cockpit aus ein Bauteil bestehen.

• Yep. Strange, a bit complicated, but it can be done. This same method with the front landing gear compartment. I made some joining tabs to better connect between both elements of landing gear compartment.

• Hab aber trotzdem eine Frage. Warum schneidest du die Laschen nicht richtig aus ?(. Nicht das beim zusammenkleben druckstellen entstehen.

• Everything is OK. :)

I don't cut tabs, because in this case they is stronger (cuted out are more delicate and can be broken when operate with segment element). I cut out joining tabs right before assembly with another element/segment.

All uper segments together

• Hi

Next stage - Tail

I remake connection between both big tail elements, to using join tabs (in project they are double bold elements).

I thing this type of connection looks better

Tail and fuselage (not glued yet)

Looks quite good ;)

• Hi

This time - engine segments.

First I made inner parts of intakes and all parts of nozzles.

Then I form outside past of intakes. Then put inside elier glued inner parts and glued small stripe on front

After this I made engine segment - one big parts witch complicated designe. In one side is good, becouse it is only one pice glued with some join tabs, other side it isn't easy to form.

At all I glued all parts together.

tbc

• All wings structural elements first glued on 0,5mm cardboard (In the instruction, I didn't found information about the thickness of the cardboard to divide the elements, but when analyzing the slots to be cut, it turned out that 0.5mm).

Nearby main landing gear compartment I added some piece of 1mm cardboard to make this place stronger for landing gear wire

To strengthen the wing structure and better stabllity, I glued a piece of wooden stick to the front spar. In middle area I moved harded elements to top - it should give better shape in this specific area.

• Hello after a long break.

As I mentioned before, the next elements will be wings. Due to the specific mounting of the landing gear, I decided only to make the middle part of the wings for now. I will glue the outer elements after attaching the landing gear wires.

Between the plating of the wings and the fuselage appeared a small gap.

But this is not a big problem, because it will be covered by a profiled masking element

After gluing the whole thing, it turned out that the camouflage fields did not match :( - a small design error ?(. From a greater distance it is so bad ;).

Separated aileron elements I will glue the at the very end.

So for next: pilots cockpits

• As I said, cockpits.

First, some equipment details - after assembly, elements glued inside cockpit in right place

Then ejection seat - construction is simply, but attractive (nice textures on it). Yellow tubes I made from piece of thin colored paper (sticky note has similar color :D )

And full cockpits with instruments panels. It doesn't have many elements but it looks pretty good

To next time :)

• That's a pretty beautiful build so far, congrats! Keep up the good work, mate ...

Gründungsmitglied der HobbyModel-Gang und Luft46-Gang

• Hi,

Thanks for comments

For windshield i use ready canopy from GPM dedicated to this model.

I glued frame to pice of thin dark grey paper (in instruction the backside should be painted grey). When glue and parts was still wet, I put it inside tube. So after glue dry the frame has roller shape. Its easier to stick it to canopy.

How it looks

Have a nice day

• Hey

This time landing gear:

I made the wheels from several cardboard discs in different diameters. After gluing them together, I profile it on sandpaper. When they get right form I painted it black.

First, I glued the elements into rolls, which I then put on the formed piece of wire. Then I glued to them small details. After assembling, I glued the whole thing in right place in wings, fixing the wire with "super glue" to wing structure

Front landing gear I made similarly.

I made the wire much longer than in instruction and add extra bend for greater stiffness and so that the whole thing does not rotate around the horizontal axis - that's why I haven't made the wingtips so far.

Now I can make rest of fuselage and wings

• Hello

After montage landing gears in model, I made outside parts of wings.

How both wing parts look together (camouflage spots fits very good)

Next I assemble tail wings (horizontal stabilizer). In model these are two larger elements: one wing and one aileron

And separate aelions for tail (vertical stabilizer)

And for main wings

For next armament

• Hello

This time some fotos of ready model (more in gallery)

The model, despite a few "strange" solutions, was getting quite nice. Parts fit together well. The unclear marking of structural elements with regard to the thickness of the cardboard to which the parts should be glued may cause some problems. But you can easily deal with it. So it's OK.

• walkiria

Changed the title of the thread from “Aircraft MiG AT "83" from GPM, 1:33” to “Making of aircraft MiG AT "83" from GPM, 1:33”.