[GALERIE] SMS Habsburg

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use our site you declare your agreement. More Information

Dear visitor, welcome to Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

G Shoda

Trainee

• "G Shoda" started this thread

Date of registration: Nov 27th 2005

Saturday, April 1st 2006, 10:10pm

SMS Habsburg

Hello:

Attached are 3 photos of my recently completed model of SMS Habsburg based upon drawings by Erwin Sieche. The color of the model is dark green, but my flash has given the model a different shade.

Sincerely,

G. Shoda
G Shoda has attached the following images:
  • hapbsburg-1.jpg
  • hapbsburg-2.jpg
  • hapbsburg-3.jpg

Date of registration: Oct 10th 2005

Saturday, April 1st 2006, 10:30pm

Hi G. Shoda,

I assume you scratch-built this and your other ships? What scale are they in?

They look truly beautiful.

Michael

G Shoda

Trainee

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 12:21am

SMS Habsburg

Dear Michael:

Sorry, I forgot to mention the scale. I was having trouble correctly posting the message. The scale for this model is 1:550. It is scratch built. Thanks for the complement, but I know from seeing the other work on this website that improvements could be made.

Sincerely,

Gregory Shoda

Oliver Weiß

Professional

• "Oliver Weiß" is male

Date of registration: Apr 8th 2005

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 4:11am

Hi Greg - Do you paint the model when it's all done? Or do you paint the individual assemblies? What do you use for paint, and how do you apply it? I'd think painting a model that's already been assembled is pretty hard, unless you use an airbrush or something like that.

Cheers,

Oliver
  • FERTIG & JETZT ZU HABEN: Schaufelradschlepper "Anglia", 1866
  • In Vorbereitung: Ein echter "Publikumsliebling"
  • Meine Modelle sind unter http://www.waldenmodels.com/ zu bekommen!

G Shoda

Trainee

Monday, April 3rd 2006, 4:30am

SMS Habsburg

Dear Oliver:

I haven't tried paint, yet. For subassemblies, I use colored cardbard. For some parts, I may use marker pens. On a couple of older Victorian era ships I built recently, I found that black permanent marker pens leave a very realistic sheen to the hulls.

I had a problem with Habsburg because the only dark green cardboard I found was a little too thick.

Sincerely,

Gregory Shoda

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

Social bookmarks