Score Update

• Hello Kartonists, let me share with you step by step build of diorama called Score Update - basic info can get from:

2cm FLAK 38 /1:25/ Kartonowy Arsenal 4/2004

Attached pictures are showing:

- first of all need a wooden pad for 2cm Flak 38
    - apply glue on the pad
    - spill on pad everything what makes the ground structure /have choosed the substrate for room-flowers - dried for several days on fire place/
    - let it dry out /over the night on top of fire place is enough/
    - check the landing of Flak38 to fine tune the ground
    - base painting, dusting and dry brush

to be continued....

• Thanks Johnny, sometimes it gets better result than wanted.

Yesterday evening founded that due to drying there appeared some cracks on the ground - nice effect for dry ground. Have added some more grass on ground and today will paint it - pictures tomorrow. Flak 38 is glued on pad already - has to be little bit patina coated - mostly platform.

It is normal to own ORIGINAL

• Hello Bernie,

the more i see your models, the more i like it, they are really wonderful =D> =D>
    From where do you get this wooden pads, are they particularly for model dioramas? or did you make it on your own?

regards
    Robert

• Hello Johnny, madness will follow with empty shell containers and fuel-barell

Robson, thanks for being fan of my models. The pads /for PN1,5 trailor and Flak38 are just the same size/

Have asked at local Joiner´s to make for me a pad, ehmm... try to make it as a circle of about this thickness /showed the size between my fingers/ and if can make it "lackiert" would be great.

He did 2pcs - I did not asked for, but as you can see founded a model to land on it :rolleyes:
    Just the same I left freedom to joiner to make pad for KrAZ - only dimensions were settled.

• :usenglish:

bernie bernie, you're trying to force me to go to Brno on February 24 to see it with my own eyes, right? this diorama is really breathtaking... but i WILL NOT go there, i would spend a fortune on new models which i don't have time to build... :)
    um, or maybe...

[Blocked Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/13/Icons-flag-cz.png]
    no uz opravdu trochu brzdi, zacinam se citit menecenne :)
    do Brna to predpokladam privezes? kruci, kdyz o tom tak mluvim, jsem vicemene rozhodnutej, ze tam nepojedu, ale... gr, dilema :)

P.

Burn the land and boil the sea
    You cant take the sky from me

• Pawell, I am not trying to force anybody to anything :]

Let´s make an agreement

- I will take this diorama with me to Prague in April and waiting from you your presence with finished model on Paper Spring Prague - Chodov - OK?

I do understand your reason to preffer own building that travelling to somewhere for paper show. I would do the same :D

BTW for Czech understanding cardmodellers opened DF

http://www.papirovemodelarstvi.cz/forum/

Originally posted by bernie
    Let´s make an agreement
    - I will take this diorama with me to Prague in April and waiting from you your presence with finished model on Paper Spring Prague - Chodov - OK?

that sounds like a plan... i don't feel like promising anything right now, but i'd like to get there.

BTW for Czech understanding cardmodellers opened DF
    http://www.papirovemodelarstvi.cz/forum/

thanks for the link, i'll check it asap.

P.

• Hi bernie,

no need to repeat myself and tell you how great the work is. Could you tell us something more about how did you build the figure? Is it a wire skeleton covered with paper (that's how it looks to me, but i'm totally unsure)?

By the way, the headless painter could be a cool hero for a short horror story, leave him as is... :) And another reason why i like him - he reminds me about myself yesterday - i was a headless painter as well, i decided to practice russian alphabet a bit by writing "POBEDA!" and "ZA SSSR!" on Il-2 bombs and today morning i realized it would be probably impossible to write on that bombs because they're hanging just behind the wheel wells doors... So this is how headless painting ends... :)

P.

• Pawell, here you have some backgroud of How made a soldier

Basicly you are right - wire frame with paper rolled elements and paper ribbons which making the base fo the final form. Then have coated with

80g/m2 and 160g/m2 paper for hands
    cigarette paper for rolled sleaves
    handkerchief for clothes

the brush in soldiers hand is a piece of pencil lead

and one more picture for idea how made empty shells

• thank you for info and a helpfull photo.

as i can see, you like the 0,5 mm pencil lead as much as i do... :D

P.

• Indeed! I am allways trying to find the most easy solutions /no extra materials, no extra tools - still have on my mind an idiom of my ex-colleague:

Every fool works with tool :) but Czech original is much more realistic:

S naradim umi delat kazda p..a!!!

Regarding your signs on bombs - do not worry that not readable! For sure the soldiers did not wrote them in order to be readable when hanged on plane - you catched reality 8)

• Hello bernie,

a great and excelent work from you congradulation =D>

kindly regards
    Ernst

S naradim umi delat kazda p..a!!!

:] :]

Regarding your signs on bombs - do not worry that not readable! For sure the soldiers did not wrote them in order to be readable when hanged on plane - you catched reality 8)

that's exactly what came on my mind, the most probable is that they painted it before arming it, but i wrote one inscription from front to back (for the left bomb) and the other from back to front, so that it can be read from both sides. i'm afraid that would require a lot of thinking for the common russian soldier (no offence meant :)) if he painted it when the bomb wasn't placed on the plane yet. but i'll probably leave it as it is, dunno yet. i'll update my construction report with some photos when i get home so it will be clear what i'm talking about.

P.

• um, btw, sorry for spamming your thread with offtopic comments, but i highly regard your hints and opinions. at least this thread stays in most current, which is exactly what it deserves (your photos of course, not my spam :))

P.

• Ernst, thank you for your nice words.

Diorama is finished!
    Had fun when builded but now I see that the cost was too high!! /price of StuG, Flak and Pad are too high to follow such projects in future :(/
    :D

remark there is ear protection on soldiers head

• Josef, thank you for your very kind words. Founded that this /second/ figure was better than Leszek, but for next project I know now already what to do better - be patient /got an idea for KrAZ/

Pitterpanzer, thanks for your comment. The HD WWII I know - very nice project /forward to Rajkub-can not do in polish lang./

To make a figure for open area /not hidden in truck cabine/ is not so easy in respact of all uniform details, but since founded in a book "German armour in WWII" group of soldiers around "nebelwerf" in shirts and helmets - I knew that this is the right for me :D