Russian T34/76 tank from 1941

• I downloaded this model from: http://www.pluto.dti.ne.jp/~naka/ and scaled it from 1:50 to 1:32 to fit with the V1 and V2 rocket.

After downloading and resizing, I removed all the green colors from the drawings.

The model is then printed on green 160 gr/m2 paper. The paper is green throughout the whole sheet. So painting the edges after cutting is not nessecary.

When this model is finished, I'm going to build a diorama (not a paper diorame but a classic diorama out of styrofoam, wood and plaster).

In the mean time, I ordered scale 1:25 of GPM the:

Sd.Kfz 250/3 "GREIF"
    Sd.Kfz 251/1
    PzKpfw III Ausf. G
    Pak 40

With these models (when finished in a few months/year) I'm going to build a Deutsches Afrika Corps diorama.

• Really good work!! Where did you get this green paper?? I´ve done the same way with some of my Wehrmachts-Models in dark grey, but i can´t get a green/oliv paper for russian vehicles. All papers i´ve tried are either to dark or much too light.

Do you have any fitting problems? I´ve started a build of the Panzer IV from the same page some time ago, ant there have been some problems with the parts-fitting.

Gruß aus Würzburg

Ralf

Lieber eine Stunde vor dem Modell meditiert, als gar nichts getan!!:D

• The paper I bought at a specialezed shop. They have a lot of different colors.

Of eacht color they have sizes A5, A4 and A3 and of all these sizes they have 3 thicknesses (80 gr/m2, 160 gr/m2 and 250 gr/m2).

Regarding the fitting, For the wheels it is quite difficult to fit al the 12 parts/wheel together, but this is not due to a misfitting of the model.

The only part that did not fit was the top of the tank (This part is wrapped around and builds the top, the front and back (both the upper and lower part of the sloping part). This part was 2 mm to short as you can see on the left side of the the picture of the bottom.

I had to add a small strip of paper to get the gap closed.

The part is the biggest of all (about 25 cm long) so I'm not sure if this is a problem of the model or due to the fact that the printer not exactly prints a ratio of 1:1 in the long versus the short direction of the paper.

2 mm on 250 mm is an error of 0.8% which is a typical error for a normal deskjet printer when printing on this thick paper.

• Yes, such a problem is very common, if you resize to a larger scale. I´ve had the problem in the past, with 1/72 scaling up to 1/35. Don´t forget: you are scaling up every mistake too 8). if there is a misfitting of 1mm in 1/50 (the origin of your T-34) it will have now 1,42 mm. And so it is with all others too. Sometimes i´ve divided the larger parts to 2 or more parts. Sometimes it helps :D

Gruß aus Würzburg

Ralf

Lieber eine Stunde vor dem Modell meditiert, als gar nichts getan!!:D

• Hi Shurik,

I bought it at Pipoos, it is a dutch company with shops in different major cities in the Netherlands. They sell a allmost everything regarding "creative" hobbies like paperwork, painting, sculpturing etc.

They have a website: http://www.pipoos.nl/ but that is completely in dutch. There is no Englisch translation, so I looked for you at the product they sell in their Webshop. The paper is unfortunately not for sale on the webshop.

Just to get you an idea look at: http://www.hobbyhandboek.nl/ca…asp?cat=D1&subcat=D01

If you go through the pages 1,2,3 etc you will find all the paper they have. The green I used is on the second page and is called: Olijfgroen (olive green).

The brand of the paper is Papicolor: http://www.papicolor.nl/

This is a Dutch company with an Englisch website, maybe they sell through the internet.

• Thanks for your reply.
    Indeed, they do not sell over the Internet.
    Well, next time I'm in Europe, will try to check.
    Good luck with the tank!

• I finished the right track of my T34/76, added the head-lamps and machine gun barrels.

I still have to build the antenna and the wheels and track on the other side.

The spare parts of the track on the back of the model are the left-overs of the main track because the provided one is a bit to long (A few centimeters to long is less of a problem than a few millimeters to short)

Originally posted by shurik
    Very nice work indeed.
    It very interesting paper you use. I would be glad to buy it. Does the shop have a site to contact?

Hi Shurik,

Try the "Arta" art supply stores for cardstock in various colors.

Moshe

• It took a long time, but finally I finished the trackwheels and the tracks on the left side.

On the next models, I will start with the dull work (the wheels and track), because leaving them to the end reduces the drive to finish the model.

Now it is completely finished, I'm building a diorama the classic way, it is going to be a non-paper diorame.

Just to combine the best of 2 world, nice paper models together with realistic scenery.

The results of this work I will show you in the "Diorama" part of this forum in a couple of weeks.

Xander