Rescale / Skalierung

• Hello,

I'm planning to rescale Digital Navy's YAMATO from 1:250 to 1:200 so that I can use Gold Medal's photoetch parts.
    I planned to use Scale2Scale to remessure from 1:250 to 1:200, but the files are all PDF files and not readable by Scale2Scale, so I tried to change the PDF files to JPEG files, BUT the PDF files are blocked and not loadable by Photoshop, I ones read about a freeware program who can load these PDF files and by saving them in this program, the files are unblocked and readable by Photoshop, does anyone know of the existence of this program ????

Greetings

JohnMGD.

Ich plane die Yamato von Digital Navy von 1:250 auf 1:200 zu vergrössern, so dass ich Ätzteile von Gold Medal's verwenden kann.
    Ich wollte Scale2Scale für die Skalierung verwenden, aber die Bögen liegen als PDF-Datei vor. Ich habe versucht, die PDF's in JPGs zu wandeln aber die PDF-Dateien sind gegen bearbeitung in Photoshop geschützt.
    Ich habe mal über ein Freeware-Programm gelesen, dass PDF-Dateien laden und ungeschützt speichern kann.

Kennt jemand dieses Programm?

• Hi,

I'm solving this kind of problem this way:

I use the (quite simple) PAINT tool:
    You open a blank page in PAINT and choose the select function,
    then open the PDF file.
    Choose the Snapshot funtion in the PDF document,
    select the area to be copied (probably the whole page),
    and then paste it into the blank page in PAINT.

It might not be a professional way, but this is how I solve this kind of problem to get a PDF file into a JPEG.

With best regards,
    Father & Son
    Torben

• There is a way around locked PDF files:

1. Choose a laser writer or other Postscript device as your printer device, whether you are going to use it or not.

2. Print to file. Choose "Postscript level 3" (to get colour) in the detailed print dialogue for Adobe Acrobat. The files get saved to disk as Postscript files.

3. Open the saved Postscript files in Photoshop, to your desired scale and resolution, just as you would have opened the original Adobe Acrobat files.

4. Change printer device and print in you regular printer (inkjet or whatever).

Dankbar für die Gelegenheit auf Englisch schreiben zu dürfen, kann aber Antworten problemlos auf Deutsch lesen.