Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male
  • "Hi-Torque" started this thread

Date of registration: Apr 6th 2010

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 2:03am

Model Builder Software

Hello Friends,

I recently came across a software offering that I wanted to share with you. Obviously, we all have different methods for working with our own constructions. We can use scale and compass to work "by hand" or several image editing and 3D development packages. The computer obviously offers extreme precision and ease of development...but both are limited by the users familiarity with there chosen environment (Corel, Photoshop, Sketchup, Pepakura, etc.)

I believe "Model Builder" to be unique in that it allows for quick and painless development of models limited only by the users imagination in any scale, standard or custom.

The software is easy to use both in the design phase and during printing and exporting of your creation. There exists a rather large community of users and files may be easily exchanged. Perhaps the software's greatest feature is the easy manipulation of textures at the correct scale. Additional texture packages are available and any custom textures may be imported.

Unfortunately, there are some faults. The interface is no polished and can be confusing at times. Also, English is the only language so far.

I do not believe that Model Builder will replace any of the software discussed earlier, but for the price I think it makes a valuable addition to the modelmakers tool kit.

I purchased the down-loadable version.

Read more at the Model Builder Website

Note that there is a free download sample model available.

Kind Regards,

Cris
Hi-Torque has attached the following images:
  • yhst-90003439008043_2156_7206531.jpg
  • a1.jpg

Rheintrutz

Intermediate

Date of registration: Aug 27th 2010

Tuesday, May 3rd 2011, 8:43am

RE: Model Builder Software

Hi Cris,

Very interresting. The Software contains nice and realistic textures.
I found also a Video on Youtube that shows the operation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Equ5BPK_79Q

But for me it seems that the possible 3D objekts are limited to cubic
forms (Like Warehouses and Borg-Ships). How complex Objects are possible?
Are cones or spherical objects (like a boat hull) are possible?

Greetz
Holger
Wir bringen Mondorf auf Pappe - Mondorfer Bastelbögen

Hi-Torque

Professional

• "Hi-Torque" is male
  • "Hi-Torque" started this thread

Date of registration: Apr 6th 2010

Wednesday, May 4th 2011, 1:07pm

Hello Rheintrutz,

Yes you are correct in that the software is limited to rather simple cubes and such. I should have clarified this in my posting above. The software would be of primary interest to people concerned with scale architecture.

But like any of our other tools, experimentation and improvisation could lead to beneficial results.

Best Regards,

Cris

Social bookmarks