This website uses cookies. By continuing to use our site you declare your agreement. More Information

Dear visitor, welcome to Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

delcom

Trainee

• "delcom" started this thread

Date of registration: Dec 14th 2007

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 9:29am

Good morning,
I have all parts manufactured and painted for the driver's seat. I thought I'd share a shot of some dry fitting and testing in progress.

Stay tuned...I'll report back with the final result in the evening.

regards,
delcom
delcom has attached the following image:
  • 0114.jpg

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "delcom" (Jan 3rd 2009, 9:30am)

delcom

Trainee

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 10:10am

and some more:

EDIT: Happy New Year by the way,

delcom
delcom has attached the following images:
  • 0115.jpg
  • 0116.jpg

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "delcom" (Jan 3rd 2009, 10:13am)

delcom

Trainee

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 4:05pm

And the last shot for today.
Unfortunately I ran out of energy. I wasn't able to make the remaining two tiny knobs that lock the seat in position. One for the tilt and one for the back/fwd slide mechanism. I still have to connect the height adjustment knob with the mechanism. Plus an additional small spring on the back of the seat.

Tomorrow I'll give it an other go.

enjoy it,
delcom
  • try004.jpg

Josve

Professional

• "Josve" is male

Date of registration: Nov 18th 2005

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 4:43pm

Thats just brilliant!!
"I'LL BE BACK"

Johnny Svensson
PAPIRMODELLER.COM

In the workshop
LeFh 1:16 DrafModel
T28 1:25 DrafModel

Finished builds.

Gerald

Professional

• "Gerald" is male

Date of registration: Mar 12th 2005

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 4:56pm

....... the best pic i have ever seen at a "kartonbauforum"...... =D> =D> =D>

delcom

Trainee

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 5:21pm

Gerald and Johnny,
I think this is the best compliment I've ever received. You guys really made my day. Thank you very much. Nine days of work apparently did worth the effort.

don't run with scissors,
delcom

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "delcom" (Jan 3rd 2009, 5:22pm)

droddl

Trainee

Date of registration: Sep 5th 2006

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 6:37pm

This build is just sick! It looks so real! Just museum quality...

Unbelievable... @) @) @)
Im Bau:

TKW 1:25 (Orlik)

Fertiggestellt:

T-28 1:25 (Draf-Model)

tomasz_b

Trainee

Date of registration: Oct 15th 2008

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 8:26pm

It is the best part built of paper I´ve ever seen. Unbelievable. If you continue at this standard, it will be one of the best paper made models in the world.

• "Peter P." is male

Date of registration: Feb 22nd 2006

Saturday, January 3rd 2009, 8:31pm

There are no words existing for this kind of craftsmanship!
Absolutely great,im speechless.... =D>

Ist Rechtschreibschwäche und grenzenlose Blödheit abmahnfähig?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Peter P." (Jan 3rd 2009, 8:32pm)

delcom

Trainee

Sunday, January 4th 2009, 4:13pm

Ladies and gentlemen,
I can't express how much your positive comments boosted my mood. Thank you, again. In return...I feel it is my task to share the "story of the driver's seat" with you guys. So please, bear with me.

First I'd like to apologize to you all (especially Mr. Rene Pinos), that the highly anticipated winch assy was put on hold, and unexpectedly started off with this seat just out of the blue. I just didn't feel confident enough with the few number of photographs in my possession about the winch. Still so many "blind spots", lot of guessing about parts, shapes and colors. So I decided to make something simple, quick and straight forward...the driver's seat.

Started with the two cushions. Immediately found out that a lot more detail can be implemented here. Without even thinking the incision was already done, which later became the spot with the springs sticking out. My 0.2mm wire is a really good friend of mine. Changed the shape of both pieces giving them more curve (wear) due to years of service. Checked some photographs and to my surprise found so many different cushions of this truck. Obviously from the original cover to the really dodgy looking home made pieces, not to mention some rather ugly fake leather cover could be found on numerous images. This dirty brownish canvas variant really got my attention. Now I only needed some thin paper that has similar pattern to it. Well...we all do our business, huh? Found a roll of toilet paper with four extremely thin layers. With a lot of effort, I managed to separate one of them. There you go...seat cover. Glued it on and made the damage corresponding to the location that was already on the seat itself. Some hinges and brackets here and there...ready to paint them. At least three different shades of green plus some brown for the backsides of the cushions. I did not use thinner for the brown paint that covers the seat cover. Thick paint with low pressure. The seat cover still sustained a lot of damage at the corners regardless of the low pressure I set for my airbrush. Then came the idea...instead of "stitching", with a bit of yellow paint I could possibly give the impression of foam hanging out here and there.

Next step...a lot of research about the rest of the seat, made some sketches, and I was quite confident that most of the components can be manufactured. One by one the base, the rails, the arms, brackets, nuts and bolts were created. I also winded the springs myself of course. A bit of testing and dry fitting...all parts seemed to fit correctly. I was really anxious to paint these components. Base coat, shades, highlights, tear and wear. I assembled the mechanism and added the two cushions. The moment if truth. The arms were strong enough to keep the upper part of the seat.

I think I did my best, I have to admit I had to cheat a little here and there. The two springs at the base of the seat are not connected to the mechanism. On this scale I found it rather challenging to set the correct angle of both ends of the spring. So they are just glued in flat resting on the base of the seat. Also according to the drawings some cross members of the frame are not flat, but hat shaped. So I simplified things a little bit. I think it's 112 parts if I'm counting now correctly. And yes, I enjoyed making every one of them.

Hope I didn't waste your time with my "fascinating" story.

Thanks.

Back to you guys,
delcom

delcom

Trainee

Sunday, January 11th 2009, 9:00pm

Hi everybody,
next subject will be the toolbox. This is my first trial to achieve the stamped sheet metal effect. There are stiffeners all over the outer surfaces, so it should not be flat from the inside neither. A whole lot of effort...I just hope it will work out. The door will be open (or missing). At this point I don't know what's gonna be in it. Perhaps, according to my favorite photo...well potatoes.

regards,
delcom
  • 0117.jpg

delcom

Trainee

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 9:28pm

Merry christmas everybody,
don't you worry for a second, I haven't stopped with my truck. It's just weather dependent. Bad, gray days are on their way, prepare for some update. I can guarantee, you won't be disappointed with the results.

Will be back with some mind blowing images in a few days.

regards,
delcom

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

Social bookmarks