Karton - @t halinski models

• ich habe meinen ersten modell von halinski gekauft, und beim bauenleitungen habe auf eine problem 'geländet'.

die sagst: glue on bristolboard.
    Was für eine material ist bristolboard? und wie dick ist im querschnitt der Material?

Danke,
    Marko

Freundliche Grüsse / Best regards,
    Marko

Edited once, last by Marky Mark ().

• Well, I've asked myself the same thing and arrived at this: At the artists shop, ask for the kind of stiff, very gloss paper airbrush artists use (and yes, they know about Bristol board in these shops). The kind I eventually bought was around 0.25 mm thick. So I think you could safely use anything of that thickness - ordinary 0.25 mm thick paper (what I did at the time), or laminate your ordinary thinner (ca 0.10 mm) paper. Two layers should do the trick in that case. And you will gain some rigidity as well from the glue, which is a good approximation of what Bristol board feels like.

Hope this works, Leif

Dankbar für die Gelegenheit auf Englisch schreiben zu dürfen, kann aber Antworten problemlos auf Deutsch lesen.

• Thank you Leif.
    I'll choose the option with two layers & glue. basic reason: as you said rigidity & stiffnes.

regards, Marko

Marko

Originally posted by Michael Urban

If possible, check the thickness of the laminated part against some cut-out slot or similar.

That's actualy simple, for these measurments i use caliper (german : Schieblehre), but you can also use a tool that we're calling it 'micrometer' small precision tool for very thin materials.

a caliper should be in every small workshop ;) - & for those who don't have one, it's very practical and it shouldn't be very expensive.

Regards, Marko

Marko

Edited once, last by Marky Mark ().

• i have 3 micrometers, a 70+ year old solid brass that's accurate within +/- 100th millimeter, a $4 US plastic one that ain't as accurate as it used to be and a $300 titanium digital unit accurate within +/- 10,000th mm and found for 1mm laminations to use the illustation board that is aprox 1mm thick. its hard to cut but works well and posterboard takes 3 layers to make 1mm so each layer is roughly .33mm thick. try 2 layers of 90 pound card stock to get .25mm.

• You feel like a healthy pragmatism girl !!
    Were have you´ve been hide since your membering time in our forum ???
    Excuse my broken english...........however, the worlds (business)forum language is "broken english"......

I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year, and I´m happy to be able to look up your contributions...........

best regards FLU

Im Bau / under construction:

StuG III, 1/25, GPM

zurückgestellt bis zum Renteneintritt
    --- KRAZ 255 B 6x6, 1:25 ---

und vergesst nicht, es ist nur ein Papiermodell........

• Hello all, I used to had the same problem to understood the meaning of "Bristol" as well.
    Since workin´ at distribution dept. where loading trucks for export. have asked the driver who is driving with your goods to Poland on regulary basis to check with somebody in there. He did and replied to me that the guy who asked showed him a package of Toffife choc. boms. and from this I understood that goes fo card of about 160 - 200g/squaremeter

It is normal to own ORIGINAL