Letov S 328 cockpit (beta build phase 1) 1:32

• Hi all,
    let me introduce my result from a very interesting beta build project - Letov S 328 by Vaclav Jancata. Below is shown phase one of the project - the cockpit, and we are now waiting for next stage.
    (more info about this beta can be found here, it's a Czech forum, but vital parts are translated into english as well. Basic info about the original plane is e.g. here or here).

and now for the images.

Originally posted by Jan Müller
    Hi pawel,
    is this going to be a commercial model? This is amazing!
    Are the struts made of paper?

Regards
    Jan

Hi Jan,
    i'm not sure if the author publishes this model someday, according to his last statement he doesn't want to :(, but i hope he'll change his mind.

the struts were created by rolling a thin cigarette papers around a micro-pencil 0.5 mm lead - i hope it still counts as a paper part :). In the original design, they were to be cut from flat cca 0.5 mm paper, but I decided to modify it this way.

P.

Burn the land and boil the sea
    You cant take the sky from me

• Hi Pawell,
    wow this technique is new to me. Can you show us a photo of that?
    The pencil lead stays in, right? Or is it a pure paper roll afterwards?

Regards
    Jan

Originally posted by Jan Müller
    Hi Pawell,
    wow this technique is new to me. Can you show us a photo of that?
    The pencil lead stays in, right? Or is it a pure paper roll afterwards?

Hi Jan,
    you're absolutely right, the lead has to stay in the roll to provide some necessary firmness. Basically, you just cut a strip of a constant width of the smoking paper (mine were 15 mm), put some glue on the lead, put the lead about 3 mm from the edge of the strip (in a parallel way), bend the shorter part of the strip over the lead and glue and then roll the whole thing and glue.

1] ___O__________

2] {O}______

3] @___

4] O

oh well, i'm not good at ascii art, but i hope it's clear now.

P.

• Here you can reveal the mystery of bernie's skill... :D
    He employs a whole factory of japanese workers - kidnapped tamiya employees - who prepare parts like those shown above for him. All of them work under totally unmerciful and inhuman conditions, but hey - his models are worth it, aren't they? ;)

P.

• :shot:

Tak nevim, jestli nebylo zvoleno spatne hriste pro tento typ humoru, ale tech vrtulniku mam nad hlavou fakt nejak moc - tak chvatny ustup :rolleyes:

ZRADIL JSI IDEU BUROAZNÍHO-CARD-MODELLINGU prde - "nu pagadi"!!!

It is normal to own ORIGINAL

Edited once, last by bernie ().

• oh well, I was NOT visited by some guys in black suits with moravian accent last night, so this statement is based clearly on my free will:

My information about Bernie's factory was completely wrong, he is not involved with any japanese, kidnapped or not, in any way, he does not force anyone to work in inhuman or unmerciful conditions of any kind and he is nice to gerbils.

:D :D :D

P.

Edited 2 times, last by pawell ().