Fairey Swordfish Mk I - Fly Model

• Hi,
    let me introduce my newly built model - Fairey Swordfish Mk I. It comes from old issue of Fly Model, designed by Tadeusz Grzelczak, scale 1:33. Fitting is poor, as well as thick lines, paper and so on. It can be recommended only to fans of this famous plane.

More pictures and short report from building it you can find on my private site.
    TAD

• Hi TAD!

I can see what you mean concerning fitting. Always good to know such things.

Nevertheless, you truly made the best out of it, and revealed the caracter of the plane. Also, the details add life to Swordfish. I like the way you're presentating!

Keep up! What will be your next project?

Regards, Thomas

• The build seems to be okay. Nevertheless, you didn't show details and the pictures are far to small, therefore no final decision can be made.

Concerning the cylinders - it was a bad idea to have the seams to the front and consequently have it visible.

Old Rutz

Gründungsmitglied der HobbyModel-Gang und Luft46-Gang

• HEllo TAD,

congratulations on the job you did with the Swordfish. I never had the guts to try it for fear it would not fit properly. I still hope a new Swordfish will appear in a few years.

Zaphod

Hello Rutz,

where are seams at the front of the cylinders?

There might not be too much photos of details but the sections of the fuselage show clear "jumps" in the pattern. Looks like the bulge containing the MG was not too great a fit.

The centre of the engine-block, the brown ring around the engine and the torpedo have been reworked and look very smooth. The rigging is excellent too. To grade this model "okay" is definitely a grumpy assessment to say the least.

It wouldn´t be the first time for a Grzelczak-model to show serious problems. Even his newer ones are plagued with troubles cf. Andreas´ SM 79. His Ascender by Orlik which I did was a really bad fit. Jörg was disgusted with it and put it in the ash-can.
    Mr. Grzelczak put out rather detailed models 10 and more years ago earning himself a reputation. But from todays point of view his titel "pope of paper-modelling" certainly is undeserved.

Zaphod

• Hi Friends,
    thanks for kind comments.

Rutzes - pictures are fitted to easy look at typicall monitor. Personally I don't like large photos, that are usualy bad made and are inconveniet to watch. They show model not like in real, but like out of microscope - what for?

What size of pictures would let you make final decision? It can be done - have a lot of them.

Which details you d'like to see? Plesae tell - if they are'nt present on my site, then I provide new photos.

About seams - it wasn't me who deisgned this kit (actually the engine is totally wrong - doesn't look like a real). Besides they are visible only on those special made photos. At last - we are talking about very old kit - made without computer - it should be remembered.

Zaphod - about T. Grzelczak - he designed his models even during II WW - so he's really "father" of cardmodeling. Even now he has a lot of fresh ideas, and have no fear to take on great themes. You're right, that now there are more detailed models, but he is "still going strong".

Regards
    TAD

• TAD,

I'm just showing you how you reacted on some other galleries, e.g. MiG E-152 Flipper / Hobby Model 88 / 1:33 and Hobby Model Nr.77 Jak-28 PM . What are you missing there?

From my point of view is a resolution of 800 x 600 px to small, 1280 x 960 would be better since this is a size, which should be no problem with today's screens. You critizise some things, e.g. the thick lines and the misalignment (which is, from my point of view, cuased partly by you since the port side of the part between cockpit and engine is okay but the starbord side is awful).

Let me conclude: All I want is that you accept that other people don't have a photo equipment on a level as you might have and that we encourage everybody with every level to participate here and show their builds. Please accept that.

Let me emphasize: you are invited to show us how you make your photos - equipment, illumination etc.; you are also invited to make here a build report and to show us your techinques.

Old Rutz

Gründungsmitglied der HobbyModel-Gang und Luft46-Gang

• Dear Rutzes -

I thought so, that you're not talking about model, but about some personal fuss to me :) But that's are two different things... In those themes you showed us I said only about unsharp pictures and showing model from distant view - well known techniques to show "nothing" in spite of showing "something". Didn't say about small pictures. Besides I dont mind anything about your criticism but be precise write what details you want to see, what means the starboard side is awful other wise its only a grumpy assessment :)

On my photos there is a lot of details, but that is for nothing if you write: the port side of the part between cockpit and engine is okay please see, that it is correct only on the right side. What sense has showing details, if you cant see even such big things? On my private site I wrote about totally incorrect parts of fuselage in this model its hard to explain it in English to me.

About size of pictures you are right, but those particular were made to fit on my commercial www site, where I need to mind of data transfer. Next time prepare larger for Kartonbau.de

Regards
    TAD