Search results

Search results 1-20 of 43.

Friday, September 11th 2015, 7:44pm

Author: GreMir

GreMir Models Westland Whirlwind Mk I

Two camouflage versions of the model designed by Lukasz Fuczek are available. Please visit www.gremirmodels.com for more information.

Monday, March 2nd 2015, 1:58am

GreMir Models HMS "Hesperus"

Grzegorz Nowak offers his newest design, an H-class Fleet Destroyer HMS "Hesperus" famous for sinking five U-boats, two of them in ramming attacks. More information here http://www.gremirmodels.com/hms_hesperus.htm Grzegorz Nowak bietet seine neueste Entwurf, eine H-Klasse Flotte Zerstörer HMS "Hesperus" berühmt für sinkende fünf U-Booten, zwei davon durch Rammstoß. Infos hier http://www.gremirmodels.com/hms_hesperus.htm

Saturday, December 22nd 2012, 1:23am

GreMir Models Japanese tankette Type 94 TK

I'm very happy to announce that Michal Rafalski offers today his first design, Japanese Type 94 TK tankette. Model is offered in three-color camouflage, same as in printed format published by WAK. For more information, please visit www.gremirmodels.com

Saturday, December 1st 2012, 7:58pm

GreMir Models CMP Ford F15A

Thanks to great help from Greg Perry and Tim Crowe I'm happy to announce that CMP Ford F15A is now available. Please visit http://www.gremirmodels.com/ford_f15a.htm for more information.

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 7:22pm

P-51D Mustang "The Flying Undertaker"

Here are few photos decent enough to be shown. Turns out that photographing very light colored model in direct sunlight is very difficult

Sunday, November 25th 2012, 1:45am

Dave's Card Creations P-51D Mustang - The Flying Undertaker/ Snooks-6th

Thank you Helmut. Since Shomo was flying tactical reconaissance missions, he was more likely to carry bombs than external fuel tanks so I glued 500lb bombs on the underwing racks. Bombs and propeller blades came from a plastic model of the P-51, same as the pilot. Final photos will have to wait until daylight.

Saturday, November 24th 2012, 6:02pm

Build progresses nicely. As usuall for me, I used weighted True Detail resin wheels for the Mustang. Tires painted matt black and hubs gunship gray (those are the only two paints I have ).

Thursday, November 15th 2012, 2:58am

Air scoop. I eliminated the connecting strip (marked as part 18, but it should probably be 73a) and instead duplicated former 73b to close parts 73 and 74 of the assembly. Much easier to assemble the scoop this way...

Saturday, November 10th 2012, 2:16am

Wing pylons. Location for the pylons is not marked on the wings, only shown on the assembly diagram so I had to place them based on the curvature of the surface of the wing.

Tuesday, November 6th 2012, 1:11am

Tail wheel. This always is the most problematic part for me... I simply cannot ever bend the wire to reinforce it without the assembly looking clunky. I decided to skeep the wire recommended by Dave and reinforced part 71 with the CA glue instead.

Monday, November 5th 2012, 3:29am

Instead of mounting wings to the fuselage, I decided to copy the idea from the Mustang Mk I and installed the wing fillets instead. This way I was able to mount them without risking smearing glue all over the fuselage. They fit the fuselage very well, but the lower part required some very carefull coaxing into place - problem was the fact that by lowering the flaps I removed the part of the wing to which the fillet was supposed to be glued and had to make up for it.

Sunday, October 28th 2012, 9:22pm

Wing tips. Dave did not mark the location of position lights so I tried to do that based on the photos. Unfortunatelly couldn't find one that focused on this particular detail so I might be off... I used Micro Krystal Klear to give the ligts more of a 3D look.

Sunday, October 28th 2012, 6:33pm

Landing flaps. I used little formers (in the center of the flap) pre-cut to 45deg angle to get both flaps hang at the same angle. Sides were closed with pieces of formers cut off earlier. Flap skin was created from the second printout of the model.

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 11:22pm

Right wing guns. I used 102% shrouds from the set provided by Dave (again, BIG THANK YOU! ). Barrels are 20ga needles wrapped in 0.5" x 0.5" copy paper and painted silver. Black tubes came from the set provided by Dave. Shrouds require delicate handling but they fit the wing perfectly and really add to the look of the plane.

Sunday, October 21st 2012, 6:35pm

Work continues First photo shows my method of strengthening the wing. Additional spar was added to prevent the skin from sagging since I cut off the control surfaces. I always reinforce large areas with extra layer of card between the ribs - does wonders if you tend to grab the completed plane by the wing Second photo - excellent fit, no problems at all eventhough this is a tricky part in the Mustang. Third photo - here I run into a small fit issue. Both wheel wells are done as one part but when...

Sunday, October 14th 2012, 2:49am

Started on the wing. Wing frame as designed will work, but in my very personal opinion it is a little weak and prone to bending so I used scrap card to reinforce it. The weakest section right now is the center, but wheel wells will take care of that. I shortened the ribs because I will be completing the wing with landing flaps lowered. The cut out parts will be used in the flaps.