Search results

Search results 1-20 of 32.

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 11:23pm

Author: Rubenandres77

Bleriot XI (GPM 1:33)

Here are the final photos of the finished model. Some mistakes are more visible than others. But overall it looks fine. Most of all: the primary goal was achieved, and it was to finish it. Very complex model. Not for beginners. But fun to build sometimes because it leaves room for creativity and for the application of different techniques. I understand there is a laser cut set for the truss and wing ribs, as well as a photo-ecthed set for the cockpit and wheels. All from GPM themselves. I'm sure...

Tuesday, April 4th 2017, 9:21pm

Jacques Cousteau - Calypso - 1:100

Quoted from "Joachim Frerichs" Hello Ruben, your first paper model is a very beautiful model. I like it. Hope you will create much more paper models. Regards Jo Thanks Joachim. This Calypso is my first model of a ship. I have previously build several airplanes, and other subjects. Kind regards,

Tuesday, April 4th 2017, 1:09am

Jacques Cousteau - Calypso - 1:100

Hello friends. This is the oceanographic ship Calypso used by Jacques Cousteau. The kit was published by Editorial Urbion in Spain by the late 1982 or early 1983, and given as a gift to the buyers of the first issue of a collectable Cousteau encyclopedia. You can find several photos of the original release following this link: http://www.todocoleccion.net/libros-segu…lypso~x57625135 It is a very simple design, with some 34 parts spread over 4 sheets. The graphics are simple, and the colors are ...

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 9:45pm

C-47 "Sister Ann" (TSMC)

Mehr Fotos vom fertigen Modell. More photos of the finished model.

Thursday, October 13th 2016, 9:28pm

C-47 "Sister Ann" (TSMC)

Hallo Freunde. Nach langer Zeit komme ich wieder zur Papiermodellierung. Dies ist C-47 "Sister Ann" von TSMC. http://www.ne.jp/asahi/tsmc/net/ Ein schönes Modell. Ursprünglich im Maßstab 1: 100. Aber ich vergrößerte es auf 1:78. Leicht zu bauen. Fit ist sehr präzise und eng. Trotz so einfach ist ein sehr genaue Modell. - - - - Hello friends. After a long time I come back to paper modelling. This is C-47 "Sister Ann" by TSMC. http://www.ne.jp/asahi/tsmc/net/ A beautiful model. Originally at 1:100...

Sunday, June 8th 2014, 10:33pm

Citroen 2CV (Ingenia 1953)

Sometimes you just need to go back to the basics. Forget about complex things, and force yourself to face simple challenges. I find that’s a good way to re-learn, and to practice. This is the Citroen 2CV by Ingenia. Originally shared by Patricia at Agence Eureka. You can download it from: http://bibigreycat.blogspot.com/2009/09/…ruire-1954.html I cleaned a bit the original scans and printed at A3 size. The result is a paper model at an approximate scale of 1:27 Easy to build. Parts fit nicely mo...

Friday, January 10th 2014, 4:37pm

Virgin Mary

This is the Virgin Mary, designed by Atelier Fare in 2008 and available as a free download from: http://www.wombat.zaq.ne.jp/fare/mary.html The kit consists of 10 A4 pages of parts, plus 2 additional pages of optional parts for the head (a veil that can be used instead of the curled hair). There are two pages with diagrams. No actual instructions are given. All parts are designed so that the printed side will be inside. Since the model is all-white, a lot of care is needed to avoid glue marks ...

Wednesday, December 4th 2013, 2:29am

Ford Thunderbird 1955 1/20 by Otto Maier

And finally... I am happy to present the finished product. Actually, three Thunderbirds were made. The first one is the original 1957 kit by Otto Maier. The second one is a digital re-color I made, trying to update the kit a bit. The differences with the original are not so striking. The last one is a much more detailed model, with many scratch-built parts (like mirrors, door handles and the like), and with more detailed exhausts and bumperettes. It also has a much more detailed interior. You wi...

Wednesday, December 4th 2013, 2:28am

Now, before showing images of the finished kit, I'd like to share some improvements I made to the kit. Actually, I built more than one T-bird. I built the original 1957 kit, and after that I prepared a more detailed kit, just for fun, and to see what I was capable of. I hope the images speak for themselves. But if you have any question, do not hesitate to ask! This is a more realistic steering wheel: And a metal pin and some cardstock to make a more detailed shifter. Different pedals and added c...

Wednesday, December 4th 2013, 2:28am

Wheels Parts 23 - 26c I can't easily explain the wheels. I prefer to invite you to watch at the original image in the instructions. And compare it with the photo of the actual wheels: Is an easy construction The axles are not provided with the kit. You will need to use wood dowels or something similar to make them. The pit for the axles is rather easy too. But once you have the axles and the wheels there is no way to keep them in place. You will need to use an extra piece of cardstock to complet...

Wednesday, December 4th 2013, 2:27am

Headlights Parts 15 -17 a Make a ring with part #15. Use the white tab to glue it from the inside (red color will be outside). Notice the small folding line at the pointed center end. This is a very light crease. After making the inner ring with part #15a (the colored side will be on the inside of the ring), and glue it inside the bigger red ring. You may need to trim the inner ring slightly. Gently blunt the headlights #15b and glue them inside the rings from behind. Put the lights on the front...

Wednesday, December 4th 2013, 2:26am

Side sections Parts 13 and 14 These parts must be preformed well. They are critical to the model. And the finish of them depends in a good degree from the way previous parts were finished. First pre-shape the sides of the car as accurately as possible. Round the front and rear lower corners (bumper connections). Also round the upper portion of the sides, from the headlights up to the rear where the tail begins. Do not forget to score and fold the tail fin. The lower end of the parts is also roun...

Wednesday, December 4th 2013, 2:26am

Hood Parts 11-11b Score where indicated. Cut the upper line of the ventilation scoop grid in the middle of part #11 and turn the resulting tab upward. This will be the ventilation grill of part #11b. The radiator grill #11a is glued behind the front opening in part #11, glue close the front of the hood. Now glue the small ventilation scoop #11b on its place. Trunk Parts12-12b Score where indicated. Glue part #12a behind the trunk and close it. Attach the fuel flap #12b at the specified location....

Wednesday, December 4th 2013, 2:25am

Ford Thunderbird 1955 - scale 1/20 paper model built by Ruben Andres Martinez Hello dear friends. It's been sometime since I last built anything. And having lost interest in the skeleton RAF Se5a, I decided to take a different challenge. This is a Ford Thunderbird 1955 - scale 1/20 paper model. The kit was originally released by Otto Maier Verlag in Germany in the year 1957. It was designed by Hubert Siegmund The kit was scanned and made available to the public by AGK. If you wish, you can down...

Wednesday, March 21st 2012, 4:06pm

Author: niebla de fuego

Ford Tri-Motor (Zorn - 1:33) in SCADTA colors

Thanks a lot for all your kind words, and for your support. It was really a pleasure to work on Peter's model. I enjoyed the digitalization process, and then building this kit. I prepared a video slideshow showing the most important photos of the thread. You can watch it on youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3a7o92fUOU

Tuesday, March 20th 2012, 10:01pm

So this is it! The Ford Tri-motor designed by Peter A. Zorn Jr. in 1982. Digitally restored in 2011, and painted in the colors of the Colombian airline SCADTA in 2012 index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=377305 index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=377306 Comments This is a beautiful kit, from a time when paper kits were drawn by hand. It may look a bit simple by today standards, and some may say that it is not a perfect replica of a Ford Tri-Motor in certain details. But the truth is that th...

Tuesday, March 20th 2012, 10:00pm

What’s this? Two Tri-Motors? Yes. It’s two of them, let’s have a closer look. Now you know my secret: I built two “Cartagenas”. The white one was a printing error. I didn’t want to trash the printed pages so I decided to use it as test. I first built the test plane little by little. And as I understood the tricks of the parts I built the grey one correcting mistakes and improving the details. The white Tri-Motor looks sloppy, badly build, with lots of issues. But it helped me a lot to understand...

Tuesday, March 20th 2012, 9:56pm

So we had a nice cloudy day today, perfect to take some photos. This photos are a bit edited to erase some background, and are balanced to show more of the true colors of the plane. Since most of the details were discussed during the process, I won’t comment much. Just enjoy the images.

Tuesday, March 20th 2012, 3:31pm

After installing the door with handle, the jump seat, the engines in place with the NACA rings and the exhaust pipes, there are no more parts left in the box. index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=377266 index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=377268 index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=377267 index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=377269 index.php?page=Attachment&attachmentID=377270 Now I only have to wait for good weather and look for a table big enough to place this bird at take some decent...