HIJMS Takao / Digital Navy / 1:250 [FERTIG]

• Hi John,
    excellent job. How many hours of work did you put into it? Can you tell us a bit more about the detailling you have done?

Regards
    Jan

• Shure,

About detailing, I tried to put anything on the model that was bigger as 0,1 mm in diameter (25mm in real) and 0,5 by 0,5 mm (12,5 X 12,5 cm) square, as I mentioned I used the book "Anatomy of the ship TAKAO" as a reference and some 3D magazinis from Futubasha, the glue used througout the whole model is ModPodge, it's not only glue but also a filler and sculpting fluid.
    I also used ***** lasercut details, relings etc. the glue dries up clear, so no problems with spilling, it's available in matt and gloss (for the making of windows) in the model.
    The only other materials used are copperwire 0,1 to 3,0 mm and fishing wire 0.16 and 0,30 mm, wich I rubbed in with a thinned ModPodge and water solution to stiffen it a bit more, so there is no tension on the masts etc.
    I made a lot of pictures of the ship today, they are coming in the planned PMP (Model Portrait) from our sister forum.
    If it's ready I let the forum know.
    Working time in hours,well I think I worked about a year on the model on and off.
    A lot of the parts are made from scratch, so they were not include in the model.
    For me it was a real relaxing job to work on the model, my brother in law ones sat beside me and said to me I can't understand that you can be so relaxed I would become graving crazy to do such work.!!!
    Well it's a matter of opinion, isn't it.

Greetings

John.

• Jon,

Superb looking model. As I am about start on this same model would like to take a look at the thread, but am unable to get past what I assume is a login screen. I can understand that you need to register with the forum, but since my German is non-existent, could you tell me how I register with this forum?

Many thanks

Mike

• Michael,

Thank you for the information. Tried the link and came to the same screen I was at before. Entered in my preferred User Name and Password but the two input boxes just cleared themselves and nothing else happened - I expected a screen where a lot more personal information would have to be entered.

Anyway I will wait until May for the model portrait on this forum

Thanks for your help.

Mike