This website uses cookies. By continuing to use our site you declare your agreement. More Information

Dear visitor, welcome to Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Mindaugas

Intermediate

• "Mindaugas" is male
  • "Mindaugas" started this thread

Date of registration: Mar 13th 2005

Thursday, September 8th 2005, 3:46pm

Figures for paper model dioramas?

Hello,

I didn't know where to write this topic, so I will write it here. I hope admins won't be very upset on me if I took the wrong place for this topic... :P

So I've given this question in Heinz topic about F-15, but I thought that I need to ask this question "globally".

So here it is:

I've got a tricky question. I wish to make a diorama for 1:33 paper plane (or maybe a diorama for 1:25 tank) and I need figures. As we know, figures are mostly made for plastic kits (1:35, 1:48, 1:72 and single figures like 1:9 or 1:16). So the question, where can I get those 1:33 (or 1:32) and 1:25 (or 1:24) figures?? As I saw, it is a little chance to find 1:32 figures, but what about 1:25 figures? It seems, that they are not produced at all. Maybe you can write who produces such figures and where to buy them. And maybe there's a way to build such figures by yourself?
So the main question is: How to get figures for scales of paper models?

So maybe someone can inform me more about figures for paper planes or tanks?

Also I thought to try 1:35 figures for 1:33 planes, but I think, that the difference is too big. Any suggestions about this?

Thats all. Thank you and good luck!
--
-Mindaugas

Spee

Trainee

• "Spee" is male

Date of registration: Jul 14th 2005

Thursday, September 8th 2005, 4:12pm

Hi Mindaugas,

Verlinden produce 1:32 resine-figures (pilots and ground-crews) and Hasegawa has 2 pilots as plastic-figures (Richard I. Bong and H.J. Marseille). That's what I'm sure know.
Servus

Thomas

"There is every possibility that things are going to change completely."

Captain Tennant "Repulse" 9.12.1941

• "MichiK" is male

Date of registration: May 3rd 2004

Thursday, September 8th 2005, 4:13pm

RE: Figures for paper model dioramas?

Hi!
E.g., have a look at www.moduni.com, theres a huge figure section. I had just a glance at it, but found immedeatly a set for modern planes in 1/32 scale and a rally mechanics set in 1/24 scale. And most probably there are more figuers you could use.

As for the difference between 1/33 and 1/35: I think this depends on the actual figure. A 1.75 meter man in 1/35 is still 1.65 meter if he was 1/33 and if the 1/35 figure happens to be on the tall side it makes still a normal sized 1/32 figure.

Best regards,
Michi
ROMANES EVNT DOMVS !

Mindaugas

Intermediate

• "Mindaugas" is male
  • "Mindaugas" started this thread

Date of registration: Mar 13th 2005

Thursday, September 8th 2005, 5:09pm

Hello,

Thanks guys for helping.
I also found that "Preiser" is huge company, that sells figures, but those are mostly for model railroaders..

And where to get those Hasegawa pilots?

Thanks again and good luck! ;)
--
-Mindaugas

busoramas

Beginner

• "busoramas" is male

Date of registration: Apr 26th 2016

Sunday, May 1st 2016, 11:52pm

Hello all,

I am late to this post but I have your solution, PaperHuman are complete 3d figures with paper!

regards
Paúl Sánchez
Product Designer

paulestudios.com/juegos

Social bookmarks