Chateau de Pierrefonds - France - / L´Instant Durable / 1:250

• Chateau de Pierrefonds
    L'Instant Durable
    No. 39
    Copyright: 1996
    Graphics: Pierre Guerin
    Colour: Anne-Marie Piaulet

Viollet-le Duc was commissioned to restore chateau de Pierrefonds to 15th century grandure in 1858 by Napoleon III. Today it is a national historical monument of France.

• Karsch, the great portrait photographer, said that colour can get in the way of the message. I wonder if that is true for architecture? Let's see...

Here are three shots in black and white of this magnificant structure. (sometimes when I view it, I think there is too much to take in all at once.)

• Hello John,
    thank you for posting this wonderful photos. I find it a good idea to show such a castle once "only" in black & white. I know that good b&w-photos are more difficult than those in colour.
    Hajo

P.S. what's your next project (I know, cartonists can't stop!)

Ein Leben ohne Kartonmodellbau ist möglich, lohnt aber nicht! (Frei nach Loriot)

• Hello Hans,
    Thank you. What comes next? Well, I just wrote Alain de Bussac in France to order Haut Koenigsborug and Chartres. I can only hope to come close to Jens' percision with Haut Koenigsbourg. (He wrote a fantastic construction report and posted outstanding photos in the Gallery.) Chartres will complete the group of three great French Cathedrals modelled by L'Instant Durable. Ricardo has rendered this cathedral beautifully. (His three cathedrals can be seen on L'Instant Durable's website.)

Until they arrive, I will complete Chateau Azay-le-Rideau and Möckmühl Castle.

Cheers...John

and posted outstanding photos in the Gallery

So that's what you did with Pierrefonds, too... [Blocked Image: http://www.erasure.de/forum/images/smiley_icons/icon_redface.gif]
    If you want to build Haut Koenigsbourg, maybe you can avoid my mistakes with your template method for "hanging areas". Also don't make a complete basement cardboard first, as the castle won't fit properly, rather glue it down to earth when it is finished and cut the basement precisely afterwards. That's my insight with building Haut Koenigsbourg.

Best regards from
    [Blocked Image: http://www.pielawa.de/bilder/jenssign.gif]

Um ein tadelloses Mitglied einer Schafherde sein zu können, muss man vor allem ein Schaf sein. — Albert Einstein

Edited once, last by Jens ().

• Hello John,

Outstanding Work =D> =D> =D>

Congratulation to your wonderful work,also beautiful pictures.

Heinz Michlmair verstarb am 05.07.2007 bei einem Sportunfall in Ungarn. Mitglieder und Betreiber von kartonbau.de vermissen Heinz und seine Beiträge. Seine bisherigen Beiträge in unserem Forum sind nun Teil unser Erinnerung an "Heinz".

• Hi Herbert,
    Thanks for the links, but I do not understand where they are going. What free models? Where?
    Sorry, but I can't intuitively navigate the sites.
    John

Edited once, last by John ().

• Herbert
    Yes, you've linked me directly to some model pages. I am impressed with the work. I have built only one of Richard's models and fully appreciate the attention to detail. These samples do not disappoint.

When I have time, I will have to click about on the site until I get something to get me to model choices. It will be a puzzle, but well worth the time.

Thanks again.
    John

• Hi John,

Please pay attetion to me building report, I will try to prush up the original modell and I promised to send the finished work to the Museum in Heidelberg / Germany for an exepition

I´m proud to to to this and I do think the result of my efforts will be worth to be shown an audience. (Hopefully)

cheers, Herbert

• John, you seem to be a top class model maker. Have you ever tried something by Richard Vyskovsky? It is the Czech architect that made the Medieval town from ABC.

You are a castle friend, arent you?

Vaclav Schmiedhamer

• Hi John!

Vor ca 15 Jahren habe ich das Chateau besucht.
    Ist die Kanonenkugel, die in der Mauer steckt, auch dargestellt?

GrußHAPE

...kann das mal jemand verenglischen?

• Hello Mash,

My translation program reads your message as:

"15 years ago, I visited the Chateau. Is the cannon ball,
    which is in the wall, also represented?"

This interests me. I have no knowledge of this. Did this structure ever see conflict?

John

Edited once, last by John ().

• Hello John!

Im Internet habe ich nichts gefunden.
    Muesste aber ein Foto haben. Muss ich noch suchen.
    Aber nicht mehr heute. :D

Greetings HAPE

• John:

If you're casting about for a build, have you thought about Schreiber's Petersdom?

It's clear you enjoy and do wonderful things with Instant Durable. I humbly suggest Mont St Michel or the Opera de Paris for a change of pace.

I just finished my first Vyskovsky model; Cervena Lohta from an ABC magazine. Challenging but not too complex. It needed plenty of card reinforcement. A practice piece before I tackle something truly special, like Postorne or Pardubice.

There are some really interesting older Vyskovsky models you might really enjoy. The temple of Zeus and the Olympic Temple are very unusual and and both present great detail challenges in a small model. I believe you can still get them from papermodelworld.net in Illinois.

Cheers,

David

• Hello Hans-Peter,
    Thank you for the download. Very interesting photo with the shot holes in the wall. I did not know that the chateau was ever under bombardment. Thank you.

Hi David,
    Thank you for the suggestions. I have built postorna. It's in the architecture construction reports.
    The German,French and Czech models all have some special quality that makes them addictive.!

• Hi John !

Very, very special =D> =D> =D>
    I think my next projekt would be an architekture modell, because your picture´s makes me hungry to them

( sorry about my engish )

Nice greetings
    Kurt