Card Plan (free download): Polikarpov I-16, leicht modifiziert

• Noch mehr Detailphotos vom Cockpit, der Front, dem komischen Röhrchen (weiß einer von euch was das ist?) und ein Blick des Piloten aus dem Cockpit während eines Luftkampfes - zwar mit einem Doppeldecker aus dem 1. Weltkrieg aber so genau wollen wir ja nicht sein ;) .

• Hallo Michael,

sehr schön, was du aus der Vorlage gezaubert hast!

Da sich der Propeller wohl sehr leicht dreht, lassen sich sehr echt wirkende "Action Fotos" machen. Du braucht nur einen nicht so massiven Ständer und ein Hintergrundposter; Kalender, Foto, Buch etc. Nach der Aufnahme den Ständer wegretouchieren und fertig; probiers doch mal, das Modell bietet sich geradezu an!

Grüsse

Hans Gerd

Original von Hans Gerd Schöneberger
    Da sich der Propeller wohl sehr leicht dreht, lassen sich sehr echt wirkende "Action Fotos" machen. Du braucht nur einen nicht so massiven Ständer und ein Hintergrundposter; Kalender, Foto, Buch etc. Nach der Aufnahme den Ständer wegretouchieren und fertig; probiers doch mal, das Modell bietet sich geradezu an!

Hallo Gerd
    Hast Recht und ich habe das heute auch bereits im Freien versucht. Leider waren die Lichtverhältnisse bereits zu dunkel. Mal schaun was morgen geht. Die Idee mit dem Poster hört sich aber auch gut an. Das werde ich ebenfalls probieren.

• Very nice photos, Michael!

I am not sure about what little tube you're uncertain about, but the one on the side is a pitot tube for measuring airspeed (and altitude), and the tube behind the cockpit window is the optical gun-sight.

B est, Leif

Dankbar für die Gelegenheit auf Englisch schreiben zu dürfen, kann aber Antworten problemlos auf Deutsch lesen.

Original von Leif Ohlsson
    I am not sure about what little tube you're uncertain about, but the one on the side is a pitot tube for measuring airspeed (and altitude), and the tube behind the cockpit window is the optical gun-sight.

I meant the tube on the side. Thanks for the explanation. I searched like nuts for infos about this part :D .

• ... and it works by creating a little bit of vaccuum (air of higher speed flowing through it), sort of comparing this lower pressure with the air pressure at any altitude. This difference in pressure between two measuring points is what makes the airspeed meter change its setting.

So the airspeed meter is just another barometer, really, just like the altimeter. And for that matter the variometer, which measures rate of climb or descent.

So in all basic aircraft instrumentations there are at least three barometers, all measuring different differences of air pressure.

You should ask Jan Müller, who is a glider pilot and owner of a fine sailplane, to discuss the niceties of how these instruments work in their different ways. It is quite interesting, particularly the variometer.

L.

... or follow Norbert's link (he got in there while I was writing this; thanks for the link!)

Dankbar für die Gelegenheit auf Englisch schreiben zu dürfen, kann aber Antworten problemlos auf Deutsch lesen.

• Leif,
    you are absolutely right. This form is called a Venturi-tube. The air passing the tube created a suction which is measured by an instrument. Nowadays it is not used anymore for airspeed measurement but sometimes to create lower pressure -> suction to drive the gyroscopes of the artificial horizon, the turn indicator and the gyro compass.
    More common for airspeed measrurement is the Pitot-tube, basically a simple tube pointing forwards measuring the increased pressure (this leads to some problems at high airspeeds because air under pressure gets hot and therefore the instrument needs to be temperature calibrated).
    And this is the short version :D

Cheers
    Jan

• So now I know the difference between a venturi, and a pitot tube - after all these years, many thanks! - L.