Bismarck mit tarnbemalung

• Hellow gentlemen,

I am a Japanese carton model enthusiast for nearly three years.
    A couple of months ago I found out a thread reporting BISMARCK construction.
    I was so impressed by superb model and wasted no time to buy camouflage version of HMV Bismarck.
    Refering to the construction report of Yaroslav, I started construction but he has stopped posting new report.
    Today thanks to Michael's advice I knew there are many threads including Millpet excelent Bismarck.
    As there are not so many card modelers to exchange information in Japan, I would like to join this forum.

Today I made some small parts on attached picture.
    After having made more than 20 airplanes and 6 ships, it became my standard practice to peel off backside of paper so that sharp edge can be obtained and painting cutting edge is not necessary.

• Hi Yu,
    welcome to our forum...you found the right one(kartonbau.de)
    Beside me Peter Brandt(the constructer of this ship)is sitting beside me and saw your fotos, just growing up from your hands.
    Your technic to avoid the sharp etches is very intelligent. Please, don't hesitate to ask me questions about BISMARCK .I will translate it to Peter, because he is not so familiar with the English language.
    The very less fotos from your ship make us hungry to see more.....
    kind regards
    Werner (and Piet)

• Hi Werner and Peter,

Thank you very much for your comment that really encourages me to try to complete Bismarck.
    I remember Peter Brandt name as a designer of Bismarck and admire his talent and effort to provide this excellent model. I must thank him in the first place. I hope him to design other super models in succession. If it is possible I would like him to design WWII Japanese battle ship. If he designs them I promise I will buy them and recommend to my Japanese friends as some of Japanese card modellers say they all bought HMV Bismarck and said its a masterpiece. (But, I have never seen completed Bismarck model built by Japanese. They seem to be satisfied with just looking beautiful printed paper every night before going to bed like nightcap)

Hi Stephan,

As you pointed out card modeling is very common in Japan. But, many of modeller's preference is easy construction one not a precise one. Of course there are card modelling enthusiasts who love precise model. But they seem to be busy building time consuming models and have less time to write thread.

Before I saw fotos of HMV's Bismarck I was not so interested in German ship. But, this model drew my attention to German ship and made me impulse buying at once. (Now I am happy building this awesome model :yahoo:)
    I recommend you to buy this great model someday. I am sure you will be satisfied with its quality.

Attached foto is the latest status of my work.

Kind regards,

• Taking these two days I made a little bit progress.
    Laser beam cut hand rails and ladders were delivered to my home from moduni.
    I believe these materials are familiar to you because they are made in Bavaria. I wonder why made in Bavaria not made in Germany? Perhaps there might be cultural back ground?

Anyway for me this is for the first time I bought these material and when they were delivered I was delighted like kids given present from parents. I assembled handrails and ladders on funnel. And little bit on bridge.

For handrail I tried sewing thread for both vertical and horizontal bar and combination of sewing thread for vertical and thread of panty stocking for horizontal bar. But, both were not satisfactory. I have trouble making them.
    For me, laser beam cut handrail is much better.

• As a member already said, Yu Gyokubun overwhelmed us all ... =D>

Simon

Wiedereinstieg in den Kartonbau nach vielen Jahren ...

• Hi guys,

Its became my daily routine to check the forum taking lunch.

I am very happy if my report is of any help to you in even the slightest terms.

Also its my delight that thanks to excellent works other people are making which I refer to, I do not need to figure out by myself how to assemble my model in one way and another taking time.

Best regards,

• Hello eatcrow2.

I am happy you seem to like my tip on having a clean edge.

I named it as "cutting-edge technology".
    Not funny?
    Sorry my cheap humor.

Best regards,

• Hi Norm,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    You are the nicest person I have ever met since I was born!!!
    Oh, now lunch time is already over. It's not the time for thanking you. I must get back to work otherwise I will be fired. Then my wife will abandon me and break up of a family.
    Finaly no more cardmodel.....

Bye now

• Howdy Yu !

That is now a phantastic work - it looks unbelievable to me ! @)
    I am looking forward to your built of the "Bismarck"

Original von Yu Gyokubun
    Oh, now lunch time is already over. It's not the time for thanking you. I must get back to work otherwise I will be fired. Then my wife will abandon me and break up of a family.

And which we learn from it? Cardmodeling is realy danger ! :D

Best regards and have a nice day

Rocky

• This week end, I could make only a little progress because I had to fix flat tire of my youngest son and spent a lot of time to figure out whether there is a clearance between swing deck(?) support and ship wall. I tried to find out reference pictures on other people's thread. There were no pictures clearly shows it. Then I came up with the ideat to put it on parking place without applying glue.
    Finally, I figured out there must be clearance so that swing deck(?) can be rotate centering upper and lower support.
    In afterthought, I knew I could have found it out without taking a lot of time if I consider carefully.

Anyway, I enjoyed model making thinking this way or another.

Regards,

• Na Gottseidank haben wir wieder eine Bismarck im Forum!
    Dachte schon die will keiner mehr bauen! :D
    Schaut aber trotdem gut aus!
    Gut gelungen!
    Gruß!
    Nick

• Hi Nick,

Thank you for your comment.
    Yes, here are many excellent Bismarcks already.
    Bismarck is counterpart of Yamato I guess.
    In Japan I have never seen completed Bismarck card model made by Japanese modeller though perhaps somebody has made secluded.

Trigger I joined this forum and posted my thread on Bismarck was that I wanted to know how to make this kit.
    Anyway, now I am enjoying making my own refering to abandant threads on nicely made Bismarck.

Thank you.

Best regards,

• @Norm-san,

Domo thank you verymacho...!!! :D

@Mainpirat-san,

This is so superb kit that at a glance I couldn't resist to buy it.

When I started building ship model I used to make railings gluing thread together like you do but later found out it is difficult for me then used photo ethed and laser cut railings.

Disadvantage of laser cut railings is that it is fragile to rounding in tight curves so as a first attempt I've cut railings from the printed sheet.

Where encircled with yellow circles are the railings cut out from printed sheet. All other railings are laser cut one.

I think this is worth trying

Tip is when cut out paper, never pull knife blade but move in vertical direction so that there is no paper tear off occurs.

• Dear Yu-San:

You always impress me with your work! Wonderful model, and that after a 10 hour flight. I never sleep in these planes, though night flights are very popular here...

Have a nice Sunday,

Matthias

• Matthias-san, Llouis-san and Mainpirat-san thank you for your comments.

Mainpirat-san, actually as you suggested, I am leaving this afternoon after 40 hours of staying home. I just come back home, instead of heading next destination, for making model :D

I've made uppermost deck. As to railings, cut out printed paper

• Yu-san,

what a beautiful work! You make a great job!

=D> =D> =D>

Klaus

Was der UHU verbindet, soll die Schere nicht trennen!

In der Werft:
    - HMV Bismark, 1:250

Fertig:
    - Admiral Uschakov, ProModel, 1:200

In der Gallerie:
    - HMV Hamburger Hafendiorama
    - Henschel Feldbahnlok 1:43, Bahn Verlag
    - Adler 1:20, Schreiber-Bogen
    - JU52/3m, Schreiber-Bogen

• Klaus-san,

Thank you for your kind words.
    I saved many of your pictures in my hard disc for building reference.

Here is not a good forum because too many beautiful ships and I am infected :( so I couldn't resist to make my ship.

Today assembled airplane shed of starboard side.
    Some of failure bugs me... There is no use crying over spilt milk. I will try my best when assemble port side....

• Hello Yu.

You have indescribably succeeded in your aeroplane hangar well! :super:
    The chimney and the lines down hanging on him are fantastic! =D> =D> =D>

Greetings

Stefan