Posts by Golden Bear

Hello to the folks here at Kartonbau. I've lurked here for quite a long time without registering... I've focused my attention on sustaining CardModels.net instead. However, they are having some issues now and I'm in the middle of a build that I would like to share with people, so I will present it here, with your approval.

I apologize for posting in English. I can read a certain amount of German and a lot of Spanish and French, but it would be embarrasing to us all if I attempted to post in German. Thank you for your forbearance.

I have had an enormous fondness for pre dreadnought ships of all sorts since I was a child back in the 1960s. One of my first models was the WMV Schleswig Holstein - since converted to landfill by my parents. Recently I have had the urge to attempt modeling these ships on my own out of paper. The odd French ships with large tumblehomes and frequently tall sides particularly interest me.

I chose for my first scratch build effort the French battleship Hoche in its original configuration. It has considerable tumblehome and side barbettes, but, curiously, fairly low sides. However, it did have an extravagant upperworks.

I started by designing it without aid of CAD software. Here are a couple of my early attempts: