1/100 HMCS Agassiz Rumpfbau Frage

• Hallo, Leute!

Leider reicht mein deutsch nicht fuer den folgenden Post, also muss ich auf englisch weiterschreiben. Damit geht's los...

I'm at the point of construction where I will begin attaching the hull skin. The instructions indicate to start at the bow and work aft. I'm wondering if it would not be better to start amidships and work in both directions to minimize accumulated fit errors. What do you experts say?

Hier auch ein Bild. Bisher ist das Bau ohne grosse Schwierigkeiten angetroffen.

Tschuess,

• Chris - I'd say it depends on which part of the hull are we talking about. If it's the bottom (submerged) section, which is usually layed on in strips across, it's probably best to start on either end and work towards the middle. That way you'll be able to do your adjusting on the fairly straight strip in the middle of the hull rather than the highly convoluted shapes on each end.

If you're talking about the bit above the water, which is usually laid on in one or more strips lengthwise, I personally prefer starting at the bow and fixing any errors at the stern.

Some designers add a bit "extra" material to the upper hull, either in the middle or on either end, to cover any errors.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Oliver