Zamek Czocha, GPM 1:250

• Good evening Cardboard Fellows,

This is my first architectural model here. Its name is Czocha,(German: Tzschocha, Latin: Caychow) it is found in southwestern Poland on the river Kwisa.

Summarizing its brief historyof this castle, it was a stronghold. Of course it was owned by different landlords. Origin of the stone castle dates back to 1329.

In the 17th century Czocha's walls were strengthened and reinforced, which thwarted a Swedish siege during the Thirty Years War. On 17t August 1793 the whole complex burned in a fire.

In 1909, Czocha was bought by a German cigar manufacturer Ernst Gutschow, who ordered major remodeling, carried out by Berlin architect Bodo
    Ebhardt. It was based on a 1703 painting of the castle. Gutschow, who was close to the Russian Imperial Court, hosted several white emigrées
    in Czocha. After leaving in 1945 he packed up the most valuable possessions and moved them out.

After World War II, the castle was ransacked several times, both by soldiers of the Red Army, and Polish thieves. Pieces of furniture and other goods were stolen, and in the late 1940s and early 1950s, the castle was home to the Greek refugees In 1952, Czocha was taken over by the Polish Army.
    Used as a military vacation resort, it was erased from official maps. The castle has been open to the public since September 1996 as a hotel and conference center. The complex was featured in several movies.

The booklet itself has a very clear and sharp print, no colour slips or similar errors appear. I did not count the parts, there are enough of them. The quality of the paper is also wonderful.

The construction process is easy, the parts fit precisely but some of them slightly less than desirable. Occcassional problems with length appear, but nothing serious.

This castle is advisable not to the very beginners but high level skills are not really needed.

The graphical technique the designer applied are the real pictures fitted into the given measure frame.

I have a feeling as if very few of the windows were not photoed from a horizontal position but a bit lower, from the frog
    perspective. But it is noticeable only if you look at it for longer.

Its dimensions are approximately 38cm x 20 cm. (the height is not known yet because the tower and the roofs are missing yet.

Almost all parts I reinforced with a doublelayer of 0.4-0.5mm cardboard.

Of course care must be taken because such a reinforcement means the rims of some parts should be reduced for that
    thickness! This applies stressedly to the basic board plate and the touching areas!

• Picture 1 shows the area where two pieces meet. The 1mm rim has to be left, thus the connection of two walls is minimally seen from outside.
    Picture 2 presents the lines along which the paper is to be folded but its visible print is really uncecessary.Unfortuantely it is not hidden by anything. :(
    In picture 3 you can the the difference between the sharp and the blunt windows. It's very apparent.