vivian (ex-regulus)

• ok, got almost all the stuff to build the vivian (ex-regulus) trawler...onlything i'm missing is.........THE MODEL!! *grunts* ok, the canada post site said its delivery date was supposed to be the 20th. its now the 22nd, still no model. hopefuly it'll arrive today seeing how i'll be leaving tomorrow morning for christmas and won't be back home till monday and really don't trust my sister with my mail (she likes to open my mail) so i'll be heading to the post office in about 45 minutes from this posting to see if it came in on the 3rd truck and if so i'll be happy once its in my hands! some times i hate the holidays when it comes to packages. any way i'm hopeing to borrow a digital camera to document the construction.

• ;)

Im Bau / under construction:

StuG III, 1/25, GPM

zurückgestellt bis zum Renteneintritt
    --- KRAZ 255 B 6x6, 1:25 ---

und vergesst nicht, es ist nur ein Papiermodell........

• bad news. seems my model was stolen from the mail box on the front of the house within an hour of the mail being delivered and me picking the mail up. so some one was bold enough to come up to the front door and steal a package in broad daylight. i contacted lighthouse model art and hopefuly they can send a replacment soon. if not then thats $49 i'm out.

• a little late but both arrived so i have the vivian and abigale, both are gonna recive re-enforced bows below the water line like you see on some north atlantic and berring sea vessels to deal with hitting ice by applying thin 1mm horizontal strips of card stock and 2mm wide vertical strips below the water line, mainly to hide some gaps but add a bit of detail to. also run a few strips along the bottom of the hull and a few other parts. the hull its self is currently being skinned and got all main decks on.

• heh, well long time no update i guess, any way i started construction on the superstructure, got the front and left outer walls on, assembled the little entry thing on the bow and found wraping .3mm copper phone wire around my file makes a great way to make the 14 ladder steps on it. the raining is gonna be tricky so i'll habe to figure something out. may use the same phone wire, seeing how i have almost 300 feet of it. not sure if i told about the rudder but the rudder skin i cut in to 2 parts and cut out the seperation line then glued the 2 pieces back together on thin paper with the proper gap so even when painted it looks 3 dimensional, tho sad part is the rudder snapped off when i bumped the bow when walking past my desk (hard to avoid some times when your belly is like a beach ball) umm, also there will be no abigale since i messed up badly on the vivians wheel house so useing abigales wheel house page for vivians but did run off a sheet with the new names, numbers and call signs, some charts pulled off the net and a swimmsuit poster and a calender :) umm, also does any one know of how tall a 1:100th scale figure needs to be? i plan on giving her a crew.