Trawler Typ B-10 "Radomka" / Pro-Model / 1:100 [FERTIG]

• I worked hard to show you a few more pictures of my model: Once the two masts were in place I added stays, derricks, lots of pulleys, blocks and ratlines along the foremast. Ratlines along the other mast are still to be fixed. The only parts left will then be six lifebuoys to be fixed to...the railings.
    Now the railings are the only parts that have been 'mistreated' in this model: Yes there are small dots on (some of the) decks were they are to be placed, and yes there is one sample diagram in the instructions. But those who built this model will agree that for the rest you are completely left alone.
    Now soldering railings with some precision is a hell of a job , but it happens to be a job that I love. And railings are essentiel to give this model the final touch.
    I hope to post the first pictures of construction of railing within the next few weeks.

Ich habe hart gearbeitet, um Euch ein paar mehr Fotos von meinem Modell zu zeigen. Nachdem die zwei Masten eingebaut waren, habe ich die Stage, Krane, Winden, Blocks und Webleinen am Vormast eingebaut. Die Webleinen am anderen Mast fehlen noch. Die einzigen Teile, die dann noch fehlen sind die 6 Rettungsinseln, die an die Reling angebracht werden. Die Relinge sind die einzigen Teile, deren Bau nicht so gut war - es gibt zwar auf den Decks ein paar Punkte, wo diese Relinge hinkommen und auch ein Beispieldiagramm - ansonsten aber wird man beim Bau alleine gelassen. Die Relinge mit einiger Präzision zusammenzulöten ist ganz schön aufwendig, aber ich mag diese Arbeit. Die Reling ist wichtig, um diesem Modell das richtige Aussehen zu geben. Ich hoffe, die ersten Bilder der Reling-Konstruktion in den nächsten Wochen zeigen zu können.

• This is how my railings are born: the pattern is drawn on the paper and the brass wires are fixed one by one with tape onto the pattern. Some of the vertical wires are left a bit longer, they will be fixed into the deck. Don't try to fix all of these vertical parts into the deck, your railing will then be hard to fix. ( In this case things are a bit more complicated since these foredeck railings are curved - they have to be build that way: bending flat railings after soldering is useless due to their complicated structure; railing must be build as they will be on the model).
    Then all joints are soldered. (For those of you who might be interested in techniques of how to solder these tiny parts: ask me and I will explain it to you, because it is a bit long to explain here and now).
    You can still see the soldering liquid around all joints.
    Next thing to do is cleaning the finished railing in detergent, drying it and painting it (flat black in my case). Picture shows situation right after soldering:

So wird meine Reling gemacht: Das Muster wird auf Papier gezeichnet und die Messingdrähte einzeln mit Tape darauf fixiert. Einige der senkrechten werden etwas länger gelassen, um später die Reling am Deck zu befestigen. Versucht nicht alle Pfosten am Deck zu befestigen, das macht die Sache unnötig schwer. ( In diesem Fall ist die Sache etwas komplizierter, da die Rellinge des Vorderdecks stark gekrümmt sind. Lötet man diese flach zusammen, ist es aussichtslos, sie hinterher in Form zu biegen. Man muss diese bauen, wie sie am Modell sein sollen. Dann werden alle Verbindungen gelötet (Falls ihr Interesse an der Löttechnik für diese kleinen Teile habt, lasst es mich wissen. Dann erkläre ich es nochmal extra, weil das hier etwas den Rahmen sprengen würde.
    Man kann immer noch das Lötzinn an den Vebrindungen sehen. Als nächstes wird die fertige Reling mit Seifenwasser gereinigt, getrocknet und bemalt (in meinem Fall einfach schwarz). Das Bild zeitg den Zustand direkt nach dem Löten:

• I just fixed the finished and painted railing onto the foredeck. I am satisfied with the result. If you are not please rember that
    1) Im just an amateur
    2) The lens of my digital camera is only centimters away from the subject-it sees more than the human eye, even with glasses...

Hier habe ich gerade die bemalte Reling am Vordeck befestigt. Ich bin zufrieden mit dem Ergebnis. Falls es euch nicht gefällt, denkt dran
    1) Ich bin Amateur
    2) die Linse der Kamera ist nur Centimeter vom Objekt weg. Sie sieht mehr als das menschliche Auge, sogar mit Brille.

• =D>
    Sieht sehr gut aus...lötest Du wirklich jede Strebe einzeln fest? Das ist ja recht mühevoll, oder?

:usenglish:
    Looks great. Do you really solder each railing piece on its own? Thats quite a lot of work, isn't it?

• Yes it is a lot of work, but it happens to be a kind of work I like!
    I start with the upper railing strip, the only one that is made in one piece and that gives strength to the final construction.
    Then the vertical parts are soldered against (and not onto) this horizontal rail.
    Complicated joints are best made as parts of a larger unit; in this case for instance, the half circular front of my railing is part of the upper railing strip. Why? Well, soldering immediately next to an existing joint will make this old joint melt, thus complicating things. So, the less joints, the better it is. For the same reason the last vertical strut to the left (the one "around the corner") is also part of the upper horizontal part to make it easier to fix the handrail leading down the stairs
    Finally I add all the horizontal strips between the vertical struts. Of course it would be much easier to lay the two other horizontal strips over the vertical ones and fix them, but I want my railings to be completely flat for better authenticity.

Ja es ist ne Menge Arbeit, aber es ist zufällig eine Arbeit , die ich mag! Ich beginne mit dem oberen Lauf der Reling, das einzige Teil, das aus einem Stück ist und der Konstruktion Stabilität verleit.
    Dann werden die senkrechten Teile daran, nicht darauf, gelötet.
    Komplizierte Verbindungen macht man am besten als Teile einer größeren Einheit. In diesem Fall z.B. ist der Halbkreis am Ende Teil des oberen Laufs. Warum? Lötet man direkt neben einer bereits vorhandenen Verbindung löst sich diese wieder und verkompliziert die Sache. Also, je weniger Verbindungen, umso besser. Aus demselben Grund ist der letzte senkrechte Pfosten auch Teil des horizontalen Laufs.
    Am Schluss kommen dann alle horizontalen Teile zwischen die Pfosten. Es wäre natürlich einfacher sie einfach als durchgehendes Stück darauf zu löten, aber ich möchte meine Reling komplett flach haben, das ist authentischer.

• My model is finished! I started construction on februari the 26th 2004. (Earlier in progress pictures are still to be seen on
    www. strangeplace.com).It took me more time then I had thougt. The main reason for it is that the model is much more complicated then for instance the 'Regulus' that I built before the 'Radomka'. Looking at the picture of the rear deck that I include it is visible how 'filled up' with details the ship is. All the rigging that had to be done is another complicating factor. But all these difficulties made the construction all the more exciting!
    Fit and design of this model are excellent.
    I will now build the showcase out of 2mm glass and aluminium profiles. I will show it in this thread once it will be finished.
    in the meantime I will start surfing the net in search of my next model: Another 1:100 ship, my preferred scale because so much more detail can be included , or perhaps the brand new Kraz 255b from Renova..? Or perhaps that beautiful 1:33 Fieseler Storch issued some time ago?
    I will let you know soon.

Das Modell ist fertig! Ich habe den Bau am 26.2.2004 begonnen (frühe Bilder des Baus sind unter http://www.strangeplace.com zu sehen). Es hat länger gedauert, als ich gedacht habe. Der Hauptgrund dafür ist, dass das Modell sehr viel komplizierter als z.B. die Regulus ist, dass ich vorher gebaut habe. Wenn man sich das Bild des Achterdecks anschaut, sieht man, wie voll es dort ist. Die ganze Takelage ist ein weiterer komplizierender Faktor. Aber all dieses Schwierigkeiten machen den Bau umso aufregender. Die Paßgenauigkeit und das Design dieses Modells sind exzellent. Jetzt werde ich eine Vitrine aus 2mm Glas und Aluminium-Profilen bauen. Ich werde diese hier zeigen, wenn sie fertig ist. In der Zwischenzeit werde ich im Netz umhersurfen, um mein nächstes Modell zu finden. Es wird wieder ein Schiff in 1:100 - das ist mein bevorzugter Maßstab, weil man so viele Details einbauen kann. Oder soll ich den neuen Kraz 255b von Renova bauen? Oder vielleicht den schönen Fieseler Storch in 1:33? Ich werde es euch bald wissen lassen.

• Hallo jcvandenbergh,

meinen Glückwunsch zu diesem fantastisch gelungenen Modell :)) =D> =D> =D>
    Beste Grüße

Henry

My congratulations to this phantastic build

• I promised to show you the finished showcase. Well, here it is, made from aluminium profiles of 10x10 mm, 2mm glass and 2 components glue to fix the whole. The upper part can be lifted to give access to the model, but once closed it is completely dustfree and will thus protect my model for years to come.
    And finally, to conclude this thread, the model safely inside the showcase:

Ich habe euch versprochen, die fertige Vitrine zu zeigen. Nun, hier ist sie. Gebaut aus 10x10mm Alu-Profilen, 2mm Glas und 2-Komponenten-Kleber, um das ganze zusammenzuhalten. Das Oberteil kann angehoben werden, um an das Modell zu gelangen, aber wenn es geschlossen ist, ist die Vitrine vollkommen staubdicht und wird mein Modell für die nächsten Jahre schützen.

• Hallo JC,
    Mooi gedaan! Maar over de jaren wordt op die manier de "leef"-ruimte voor de overige familieleden toch erg beperkt!
    groetjes
    Hajo

Hallo JC,
    Schön gebaute Vitrine! Aber über die Jahre wird auf diese Weise der "Lebens"-raum für die übrigen Familienmitglieder ziemlich beengt!
    Grüsse aus dem Lipperland
    Hajo

Ein Leben ohne Kartonmodellbau ist möglich, lohnt aber nicht! (Frei nach Loriot)

• Hi there, Korvette
    Thanks for your positive reaction.
    Building the showcase is in fact not complicated:
    *Order the five 2 mm glass parts (front, rear, left, right and "roof")imagining an upside down glass "aquarium". Very important: tell the man that left, right and top parts will be placed between front and rear parts so he can take the 2mm thickness of the glass into account; the upside down aquarium must rest flat on the ground with all four sides.
    *Get enough 90 degree angled 10x10 alu profiles: you will normally need four long sides, four short sides. (depending on what kind of showcase you want to build).
    *Start mounting alu strip around top and left and right sides of the front window but first off all take a look at the picture showing in detail how to build the corner: using a jig saw with a fine saw for metal cut the end of one profile so that the other profile fits exactly in it. Glue the three strips around the glass with the type of transparant glue that I show on the picture. Use glue very sparingly because it will spread very easily when putting parts together. Clean parts wit thinner if necessary.
    *Build the rear window in the same way.
    *Glue what will be the roof part to the front and then to the rear part with the roof part facing towards the ground. Be carefull not to break the glass: you will see that the construction is very strong but the glass itself is not..!
    * Add the left and right sides between front, rear and roof. When dry carefully turn the construction around into the final position and glue strips along the two remaining short upper sides. Your glass box should now rest flat on the ground (glass and alu parts!)
    *Make the bottom from a material of your choise. The bottom must be solid because the showcase will rest on the alu parts and not onto the bottom itself. Profiles are then glued around the bottom leaving at least the 2mm for the glass!(See picture). Corners are made in the same way as for the upper side. Try-fit the upper part from time to time onto the bottom. You have now a showcase with a removable cover!

• Hallo Hans-Joachim!
    Bedankt voor je positieve belangstelling.
    Foutloos nederlands dat alleen maar afkomstig kan zijn van iemand die (ook?) nederlands beheerst!
    Ach, met die ruimte valt het wel mee: de vitrine voor mijn "Regulus" meet 1 meter bij 40 cm.... daarmee vergeleken is deze maar een kleintje. En trouwens: het gezin van een modelbouwer moet maar wennen aan het feit dat de plaats die een model inneemt belangrijker is dan de ruimte die het gezin inneemt ;)

Hi there, Hans-Joachim!
    Thanks for your positive reaction.
    Your message is written in perfect dutch and only someone who masters my language besides german can produce it.
    As for the space that my showcase takes: It is not as bad as that - the showcase for my "Regulus" mesures 100x40cm and compared to that this one means nothing. Besides: the family of a modeler must get used to the fact that the place that a model takes is more important then the place the family takes ;)

• "de vitrine voor mijn "Regulus" meet 1 meter bij 40 cm"

Hallo JC,
    die rekensom klopt niet! Mensen, die met de VC-ziekte (virus kartonicus) besmet zijn, stoppen niet met een model, ze gaan constant door! Dus, ik stel voor, vooraf een extra grote vitrine voor de resterende familieleden te bouwen, voor alle zekerheid.
    Groetjes
    Hajo

Hallo JC,
    diese Rechnung stimmt nicht! Menschen, die an der VC-Krankheit (Virus kartonicus) leiden, hören nicht nach dem ersten Modell auf! Deshalb schlage ich vor, schon mal eine extragrosse Vitrine für die übrigen Familienmitglieder zu bauen, zur Sicherheit.
    Grüsse
    Hajo

Ein Leben ohne Kartonmodellbau ist möglich, lohnt aber nicht! (Frei nach Loriot)