Tokyo Paper Craft Convention on October 21, 2007

• Hallo,

since the number of members from Japan is increasing, here a short reminder on the Paper Craft Convention in Tokyo next Sunday.

More information on the event can be found on the homepage from iceberg under this link:

http://www.icebergbouwplaten.nl/indexe.html

Unfortunately I will not be able to join the event due to other obligations.

With best regards,

Matthias

Edited once, last by MHBS ().

• Thank you Yu-San!

Would have been nice to meet with Sennaend-San and you at the convention. I was keen to see what will be going on there. Therefore photos from Sennaend-San would be greatly appreachiated. May be next year there will be a chance to go.

Good night,

Matthias

• Thank you David!

Unfortunately I could not go but I hope that Sennaend-San went and tells us a bit more about the event.

I have not looked for the models you show for a very long time, but years ago they were very hard to get even in Japan. Only the model of Edo castle was offered in one museum in Toyo in the past.

Best regards,

Matthias

• Thanks Dieter!

The three models shown in David's post are:

Edo Castle

Shuri Castle

Azuchi Castle Tower

The models date back to 1992 and 1993 and were published by Heibonsha Book Club. Once you could get them also in Europe through L' Instant Durable including French instructions.

The models are of outstanding printing quality, in particular Edo and Azuchi Castles with their gold plated parts.

The models have previously been addressed here in the Forum under:

Schloß Shuri

and

Japanisch

I have no idea whether you can still order them somewhere.

Best,

Matthias