T-55/1:25/gpm

• I was make this model from 2 July 2007.
    I have no good words. The model is ugly. Drafts is not usefil.
    I hate pseudo 3d drafts because it has no scale compability.
    I want say many thanks for pan Valdemar Rychard from Modelik for the best drafts (all drafts in his model is published in 1:25 scale, it is very useful!)

When I hate T-55 too much - i begin make tracks. Today I almost finished it. One track have 8 elements glued together, just a bit grinding,,, Repeat 180 times :)

• Dear Hogges,

very nice tracks indeed! When saying "I hate T-55 too much", does it meen you had to serve in such a thing? A friend of mine also served in the Soviet Army as a tank commander on T-55. I guess, he did not like the thing too much either... hard to the men inside and hard to hit a target...

Looking forward to seeing your built!

Best,

Matthias

• When I wtote" I Hate T-55" I mean only model T-55 from GPM.
    Excuse me for inexact words.

The text below may be much emotional. And all word I addressed to author of the model T-55.

I am disappointed by model T-55 from GPM because it has so many mistakes. For example (If You have GPM T-55) please say me what
    is meaning "*" and "**" symbol? Do You see anywhere inside magazine
    some words about it? Please look at element #46 and calculate it thickness... I think it don't fit into holes in the tracks...

While round element #45 has "thickness stripe" for folding with cardboard inside and has no asterisk???

Axes for the #45 and #46 don't fit inside and much more then places on the tank body.

Please found element with #67. Can't? Hou much elements have numbers #69 and 69a?

Details 59 is shorter then fuel tanks and 59a don't fit on!
    You can see this fact on the last page of the cover.

This model is published "as is" without any corrections after making prototype (printiing on the cover).
    I think what GMP T-55 is the first model of unknown (for me) author.
    This model has many illogical and non-technological elements.
    I will write about this more.

To be contimued...

• Dear Hogges, full respect to Your works, BUT:

- If I read the first and the second sentence of work description, it says:
    Start the construction...., parts T1-T9. Reinforce the parts with 1mm cardboard. /marked as **/ :rolleyes:

- too many mistakes?? Yeah, show me model which is troubles free :D

- small example of build in progress by Frantisek Pokorny - Czech Rep. - Melnik ;)

[Blocked Image: http://www.papirove-modely.cz/img/upload/modely/t-55a/20070706135052-1193-v.jpg]

It is normal to own ORIGINAL

• Dear Bernie! I have no seriuos problem with body. I have laser cutted frame and I understand Polish =) But wheels of this T55...

IMHO this model make in a hurry... Some places are green and it is good! But some places are white... Some circles has cross in the center, some - not... Drafts... and prototype photos doesn't match.

P.S. Some russian humor:
    Tank crew from dark till down was maked service works on T-55 and dress new tracks. After hard day one soldier says - "I wanna bath and a good sex!" Unexpectedly Old Wizard come in and ask - "Do You want a REAL SEX?" - "Yes, Yes!!" answer the soldiers... Old Wizard use magic wand and T-55 turret drop down... :)

• Twelve hours was spent to make 20 rims.
    Element 47d is longer for 2mm then need.
    But on the prototype rims are rotated by 180 degree then drafts shows. While I don't understand why.

• Dear Hogges,

sorry for asking! In any case the T-55 will for ever stand out in tank history with about 95,000 being made. Therefore let me add the link to Wikipedia to your building report for a historical background on T-55:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-55

And, I may add here, that the most striking redesign of the T-55 was the conversion into an infantry assault carrier by the Israeli. The Achzarit is hardly recognizable as a T-55 if not looking at the wheels. You can find more about the Achzarit here:

http://www.israeli-weapons.com…rs/achzarit/Achzarit.html

NIMDA made probably some 200 to 300 of those...

Looking forward to seeing your report! Hope you can enjoy the model even if there are some shortcomings.

Best,

Matthias

• Thank You Bart300872 for this draft!
    Please understand difference between assembling drawing and real draft. I don't like empty assembling drawings without proportions between included elements.

Yesterday I am finished all wheels (basic skating rinks). Each of 100 details 47b has undergone to violent truncation :) manually at least on 0.5mm from both ends and to correction of the form at a wide bell. I begin make balance levers. All anything is ok, but a pancake :), an axis of the balance lever (in the original - the hollow tubule in 3.5mm diameter and length-8mm from a paper 160g.m2) under the scheme is glued by one end face to 47h1 (on a skating rink), and another - to the balance lever... IMHO it in any frameworks does not climb...
    Around strip (on memory it is a detail 43f) approximately on 0.5mm more widely, than that sandwich from which collect the balance lever... And total 2mm thickness of the balance lever at 1:25 IMHO is a too little. It should be twice thicker!!. I was remake one balance lever with 3mm wood axis inside. Remains 9 more...

P.S. I think what author of the model never saw draft from Bart300872 above :(

• Many thanks to Hogges!

Looks like working on this GPM T-55A is really painful. I am trying to find out what single asterisk * and double asterisk ** means at all. Now, from Bernie's contribution, I know ** means reinforcement with 1mm cardboard. But what would be all for "*"?

Likewise, the 2 holes (one for machine gun and the other one for sighting device I supposed) on the front side of turret is enormously confusing. But much more that, what is the most difficult part is wheel (parts 47), kartonwe designer placed all the #47 subs all over the book. And from this research with Hogges's report, I suppoes part #47m has to be duplicated 40 times.

Can anyone tell me what is it in the right lower corner of page 11?

Thanks a lot.

Modellbaubogen on my das bücherregal
    1. GPM 1:25 T-55A
    2. GPM 1:25 Sd.Kfz.250/3 GREIF
    3. Halinski 1:25 T-34/76
    4. Kartonowy Arsenal 1:25 Sd.Kfz.7 8 ton Semi Track
    5. Military Model 1:25 Flak 36/37
    6. Maly Modelarz 1:25 MK. VIII Cromwell
    7. Renova 1:25 KRAZ 255B 6x6
    8. Maly Modelarz 1:25 T-72 ---- im bau

Edited once, last by fello ().