Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Daimyo

Schüler

• »Daimyo« ist männlich
  • »Daimyo« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 4. November 2007

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 6. November 2007, 14:05

StuG Ausf.B / 1:25 / GPM

Hello. I'm new to this forum and would like to present my third paper model that I'm currently working on. It's GPM StuG Ausf.A, but because it's not very realistic, I scratchbuild many parts to convert it to Ausf.B. Here's what I've built so far:

Engine:

Cooling fans and ammunition box with grenades:

Scratchbuilt gearbox and dashboard (original in the corner for comparison):

Interior (99% scratchbuilt):

Scratchbuilt gun mount:

I'm planning on incorporating this model into a diorama with a Sd.Kfz.252 later on. Hope you like it. :)

Dienstag, 6. November 2007, 14:20

hi daimyo!

@) - I hope you save all your additional constructions for the world, it could be published as absolutely new modell!

Like to see more of your work.

Regards, Thomas

Daimyo

Schüler

• »Daimyo« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 6. November 2007, 18:05

Thanks. I design the parts using 3ds max. At the moment it's a big mess, as each part is in a different jpg file, but I'm definitely keeping them and maybe I'll put them in some order in future. I'll try posting my Jagdtiger in the gallery section soon. That was my first serious model.

xander janssen

Fortgeschrittener

• »xander janssen« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 4. Januar 2007

Beruf: Engineer

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 7. November 2007, 09:56

Wow, I'm really exited :yahoo: to see that somebody is going to build this with al lot of scratch building. I already bought this model and also the SdKfz 252. But I'm still building on the PzKpfw III and the Greif.

I will only start building these two (stug and 252) when the rest is finished.

As you mentioned, it is indeed an Ausf B and not an Ausf A. I also found this out. I wrote some comments in this thread:

New Vanguard serie of Ospey

The breaksystem and gun mount look really good if I compare them to pictures in the book of Ospey.

Please keep us informed, If it is oke with you, I will steal your ideas once I start building my own STUG.

I have already some ideas, you might also want to use.

1. Make it indeed an Ausf B :D
2. Put the roadwheels on in such a way that the model has slightly lowered front (because a real STUG was nose heavy as you can see on pictures)
3. I will modify the GPM lasercut tracks to make Winterketten or Ostketten (wider tracks), because my model will be on a winterdiorama in deep snow resembling the Grossdeutschland Devision during the russian campaign.

Xander

Daimyo

Schüler

• »Daimyo« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 7. November 2007, 11:16

Yup, GPM made a hybrid of Ausf. A and Ausf. B and that's not good for those interested in historical accuracy. :) The interior is a fantasy piece even when compared to Ausf.A. I agree with your comments in the other thread. Escape hatches must be somehow hidden, I don't yet know how I will do that. Also there's no vision slit on the right side of the superstructure in Ausf.B, so it has to be removed (I've already done that on the interior side). I'll also build completely new drive sprockets, as most Ausf.B used those, and not Ausf.A type. In fact, here's a prototype I've made:

So yeah, it's a pretty severe modification of the original model. :) BTW, if you're going to scratchbuild interior, I would highly recommend acquiring Schiffer Military History No.42 - Sturmgeschütz III (L23 & 28 ) The Short Gun Versions, which has a lot of useful inside pictures of an Ausf.E.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Daimyo« (7. November 2007, 11:18)

xander janssen

Fortgeschrittener

• »xander janssen« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 4. Januar 2007

Beruf: Engineer

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 7. November 2007, 11:31

Hi,

About the hatches and the vision slit in the right side of the superstructure, I will scan the paper, remove all these things in photoshop and then try to reprint it again (probably it will take some time to match the colors of the printer with the original).

Regarding the interior, I'm not sure if I will rebuild it at such a high detail at all, because in the diorama plannings (in my head) I will probably keep the hatches closed. But I still have to decide on that. Maybe I will build it as I do with the PzKpfw (removable top).

I will use you pictures/modifications and other pictures I have, to make the steeringbrakes of the PzKpfw (same type as the STUG) more realistic. But also this will take some time, because I will first finish the exterior and the exterior of the Greif so that i can start with building the diorama as I mentioned in the PzKpfW thread.

Regarding the sprockets, I found some pictures of a type B with type A sprockets. So I will probably stick to these, although yours look amazingly historically correct (the bolds and shapes).

I have the feeling that you have a STUG in your backyard for taking the measurements. :D

Keep on building.

Xander

Daimyo

Schüler

• »Daimyo« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 14. November 2007, 14:24

Several new items added: spring loaded commander's seat, recoil guard with spent shells collection bag below it and loader's seat, a black edge of which can be barely seen:

Daimyo

Schüler

• »Daimyo« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 21. November 2007, 12:32

Radio equipment: FuG15 receiver with power transformer, commander's headphones and speaker box near the gunner's seat:

Original photo for comparison:

Klebär

Profi

• »Klebär« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 24. August 2006

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 21. November 2007, 12:49

Hello Daimyo!

It`s a fantastic model you are building! Im verry impressed by the new equipment! Go on!!!

Cheers Philipp!
"Wo kämen wir hin, wenn jeder sagte: 'wo kämen wir hin?' und keiner ginge, um zu sehen, wohin wir kämen, wenn wir gingen?"

Daimyo

Schüler

• »Daimyo« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 20. Januar 2008, 21:05

Thank you Philipp! After a break I'm continuing my work on the model. Here's the driver's front plate. GPM's parts again are not very realistic, hence everything, except the plate itself is scratchbuilt. Unfortunately I haven't managed to succesfully connect the armoured visor cover with the handles inside, so it moves independently from them..

A period photo for comparison:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Daimyo« (20. Januar 2008, 21:05)

Daimyo

Schüler

• »Daimyo« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 8. Februar 2008, 12:33

New scratchbuilt engine and cooling fans, the old ones weren't realistic..

Glue me!

Meister

• »Glue me!« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 21. Mai 2006

Beruf: Heilpädagoge, Jazzpianist, Cartoonist

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 8. Februar 2008, 14:21

Wow! This really rocks! I'm impressed! Great work!

Gloomy
Dauerbaustelle: Prinz Eugen
Etwas Fertiges: Mikro-Neuschwanstein
Mit guter Chance auf Fertigstellung: Die Prager Burg

Daimyo

Schüler

• »Daimyo« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 21. Februar 2008, 13:34

Thanks. Here's the finished engine compartment. I didn't yet connect exhaust pipes, because of some problems with GPM's bottom plate - everythings reversed on it and torsion mountings do not match those in the interior. Oh that GPM..

Social Bookmarks