Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

snake7

Fortgeschrittener

• »snake7« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 22. Dezember 2004

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 13. September 2006, 21:12

Zitat

Originally posted by jcvandenbergh
I will, Snake, I will..... but if you knew how many corrections/modifications I have to make to keep things going.....

i believe you. this model is so complecated that its understood that all this little mistakes pop up. from the other hand its sad.
but i hope you will overcome all of them

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• »jcvandenbergh« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 11. Juni 2005

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 15. September 2006, 16:15

I wanted the wheels to be steerable... a fixed steering rod (a) would have blocked any movement. So I tried to make it moveable, and it works! It can move at the indicated spots:
»jcvandenbergh« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Famo 018 (Large).jpg

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 29. September 2006, 12:35

On this next picture you can see the 2x6 swinging arms that will receive the inner and outer middle trackwheels; the pattern for how the wheels will be placed are already visible on the unprinted parts of the axes.
NB: Unfortunately these essential parts were designed in a very poor way: no reinforced parts, no attempt whatsoever to make the construction strong enough to move and firmly hold the wheels, everything just "stumpf verklebt", a perfect method except for parts that need to be resistant.
To solve this problem I mounted wooden sticks inside the arms as a reinforcement and all the joints were secured with cyano-acrylate superglue. The axes connecting the arms to the frame were also build from wooden sticks instead of the proposed cardboard parts.
  • Famo 019 (Large).jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »jcvandenbergh« (29. September 2006, 20:40)

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 4. Oktober 2006, 17:51

Having finished the twelve swinging arms the next step were three pressurized air cylinders ( even the air conducts connected to them will be represented in this model in a later stage...) hidden deep inside the carriage: two in a perpendicular position between cross bridges nr. 1 to 3 and the third one along the left side of the frame. Yes, along the left side: This model is full of surprises and one of them is the fact that each time left and right (L and P) are indicated it means in fact looking from front to rear.. :rolleyes: So if you think you have a left flat tire you better look at the other side... :D
Pictures show a view from top and from bottom:
»jcvandenbergh« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • Famo 020 (Large).jpg
  • Famo 021 (Large).jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »jcvandenbergh« (4. Oktober 2006, 17:58)

snake7

Fortgeschrittener

• »snake7« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 4. Oktober 2006, 17:56

great work untill now!
will you imitate all the oil and presurre tubes? like it is given in a drawing
or air conducts are those?
and maybe they meen left side when the frame is upside down ;) :D
thats fixes the looking from end to front :P

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »snake7« (4. Oktober 2006, 18:00)

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 4. Oktober 2006, 20:02

Hi Snake!
1) Your 'upside down' story made me laugh! I hope that Angraf will laugh too.. :D
2) Like for the 'Kraz', I try to build the model following exactly the instructions - but for this model I had to modify things from time to time as I described in the thread. The air pressure conducts are part of the building instructions and represented in the diagrams as 0.5 mm wires and will therefore be part of my model. I am not sure yet if any oil conducts will be represented in the model as well.

Doudaz

Schüler

Registrierungsdatum: 10. Oktober 2006

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 10. Oktober 2006, 11:22

Zitat

Originally posted by jcvandenbergh
I saw that a textfile of the complete instructions was sent to you (and to me!)from Poland. That will save you a lot of scanning.

HI Jcvandenbergh

I have just bought this model, is it possible and legal to send me English instructions?

Regards Doudaz

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 10. Oktober 2006, 18:06

The instructions that you refer to are in polish, but they have the enormous advantage that they are in windows word (*.doc) format, thus making them suitable for any translation program.
The instructions were sent to me by krzysztof_okrajek@wp.pl
Ask him; I do not want to send them to others without his permission.

Good luck with your Famo; you will need some courage...

maniek

Schüler

Registrierungsdatum: 5. August 2006

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 10. Oktober 2006, 20:41

I don't see anything that you can't do this. You mentioned about adding them to download section, you can do this of course too.

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 18. Oktober 2006, 18:12

Sorry, I wanted to upload these building instructions to the " download section" and needed information for this from Jörg Schulze. He did not answer me yet.. so I have to ask for a little patience.

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 21. Oktober 2006, 11:51

The next step in the construction of the "Famo" was the complete gearbox, a rather complex sub-unit built from many, many parts. Pointing towards the rear are two cross-links, and mounted onto the lateral axes are the brake drums; even the two brake cables are already in place. Two remarks:
1) I must repeat myself as far as exact fit of parts in this model are concerned: Parts that really fit exactly are an exception; many parts fit 'more or less', and sometimes parts really don't fit at all. The gearbox may look good once finished, but many corrections were needed.
2) Please note that the "W", indicating that surfaces must be cut out, is not used in a consequent way in this model, especially for small surfaces: for every part drawings and instructions must be studied thoroughly to know wether white parts must be cut out or not!

(Next step is fitting of gearbox into frame and I will show pictures as soon as possible).

Pictures show gearbox from both sides:
  • Famo 022 (Large).jpg
  • Famo 023 (Large).jpg

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 21. Oktober 2006, 20:48

Did'nt want to keep you waiting... :D... The frame with that gear box installed; the brake cables apparently found their way trough the round front bulhead openings:
  • famo 025 (Large).jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »jcvandenbergh« (22. Oktober 2006, 12:03)

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 21. Oktober 2006, 21:00

viewing things in detail:
  • Famo  024 (Large).jpg

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 6. November 2006, 12:31

During the work in progress on the engine, which was the next step after finishing the gear box, I tried to fit the engine inside the body, just to see if things went right.... and here we go again (I know this is getting boring :(): the engine supports (a) did in no way correspond with the corresponding locations on both sides of the frame and there was no place at all for the cross-link (b) between engine and gear box.
In both cases, major ajustments were necessary.
Now continuing on that engine waiting for the next surprise...
  • Famo 026 (Large).jpg

Josve

Profi

• »Josve« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 18. November 2005

Beruf: Elektrotekniker

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 6. November 2006, 17:19

I'm feeling with you JC!!
To bad for such a great model to suffer from so many errors!!
"I'LL BE BACK"

Johnny Svensson
PAPIRMODELLER.COM

In the workshop
LeFh 1:16 DrafModel
T28 1:25 DrafModel

Finished builds.

snake7

Fortgeschrittener

• »snake7« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 6. November 2006, 20:45

I dont understand, if the author of the model build it, wasnt he kicked by this mistakes himself?
why they didnt correct them also?
strange... ?(

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 7. November 2006, 10:52

I often ask myself the same questions during the construction of the "Famo"... It seems like the model was designed and put onto the market without any serious test build. I sometimes wonder if the copy that www.kartonmodellbau.com sold me wasn't some early test version. In that case there could be a later and better version on the market.Some time ago, a certain krzysztof_okrajek@wp.pl showed me a picture of a copy where parts were spread over the paper in a different way of mine. So there is something mysterious about all this...
?(

Dalibor Kalna

Fortgeschrittener

• »Dalibor Kalna« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 16. Oktober 2006

Beruf: Software Entwickler / Architekt

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 16. November 2006, 14:35

Famo

Hallo Leute,

heute habe ich meine Sd.Kfz. 9 Famo auf paper-hobby.com bestellt, ich hoffe es kommt bald an :D. Wie habt ihr diese Instruktion Datei gekriegt? Vom Angraf, oder vom Versandhaus?

Danke und Grüss
Dalibor
Danke und Gruss
Dalibor

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 18. November 2006, 11:32

RE: Famo

I got them from krzysztof_okrajek@wp.pl . Ask him first. If this does not work I can send them to you by e-mail.

Dalibor Kalna

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 19. November 2006, 09:23

Famo

Hello JC,

thanks, I got it from Mr.Okrajek as well!

Best regards
Dalibor
Danke und Gruss
Dalibor

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 21. November 2006, 15:28

The construction of the engine was a new challenge: again many parts did not fit and needed adjustment... but I will not give up!
Pictures show engine from both sides ready to be built inside the frame.
Exhaust system (except manifolds) will only be added after the engine is mounted inside the frame.
  • DSC00483 (Large).jpg
  • DSC00485 (Large).jpg

Dalibor Kalna

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 21. November 2006, 16:05

Hello JC,

great looking! I'm already scared from your "need adjustement".... ;( and I even did not received my FAMO per post!

Best regards
Dalibor
Danke und Gruss
Dalibor

PITERPANZER

Fortgeschrittener

• »PITERPANZER« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 28. September 2005

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 21. November 2006, 23:27

I have full respect for Your efforts . I hope You never give up!
I can wish You luck at this really difficult challange :super:
Nuer Plastik und Karton Panzer Modelle in 1-25 Massstab

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 24. November 2006, 15:46

Thank you Piterpanzer, and thank you Dkalna, for your kind words.
Probably later today I will be able show you new work in progress pictures of the 'Famo'.

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 24. November 2006, 18:43

Next chapter in the continuing story about the mega poject: Once the engine had been installed inside the frame a new problem appeared: the manifold outlets were so close to the frame and what was worse, so directly above it that there was hardly any place for the exhaust system to be fixed to them. No need to tell you that the original exhaust parts that the model proposes were not even close to what they should have been to fit properly ;(… (I remember that even for the 1:25 Kraz from Renova the exhaust pipes were a tricky business).
I tried all kinds of wire and other material, but nothing really worked, until I found the ideal solution to the problem: the rubber tube used in bicycle wheel valves: very flexible, keeping the round shape under all conditions and not bending. And even the diameter was exactly right for my exhaust! So the piping between the manifolds and silencers was made of this tube, after having been painted in the right color. (“painted edges only” is still my favorite working method, but in this model it is sometimes simply impossible).

Pictures show the model from above with the engine in place, from beneath to show the complete exhaust system and from behind to show how the end of the exhaust system is led through the rear bulkhead:
  • DSC00494 (Large).jpg
  • DSC00495 (Large).jpg
  • DSC00496 (Large).jpg

snake7

Fortgeschrittener

• »snake7« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 24. November 2006, 19:23

Excellent solution JC! =D>
I'll keep it in mind!
looking awsome though

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 5. Dezember 2006, 10:56

On this next picture the “a)” indicates the base of the winch, mounted as a horizontal ‘disk’ inside the frame. Two drive shafts b)” and “c)” plus cross links connect the gear box with the winch. The drive shaft leading from the gearbox to the first crosslink (“b”) would have measured only some 5mm if I had followed the instructions and diagrams…Wasn’t anyone aware of the fact that the pressurized air tank that had been mounted inside the frame in an earlier stage at that exact location was in the way…?! So, again, major adjustments were needed: the drive shafts had to be ‘led around’ the air tank. I do not know what the real thing looked like, but I am afraid that it was different from what is shown on my picture…
  • famo 033 (Large).jpg

maniek

Schüler

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 6. Dezember 2006, 20:45

According to my information, winch disc (connection gear) shouldbe in angle to frame. then lengh of shaft will be correct.

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 7. Dezember 2006, 11:44

Thank you for your reaction.
Of course I have thought of this possibility, and it is very well possible that the position you suggest is the right one, but...:
- the indicated spots for where the winchbase must rest on the frame crossbridges would then be completely wrong
- I can not simply turn my winch base anti-clock wise (seen from above, see my picture): It is not round but has a large protruding part. The winch base, once shifted towards the other side of the frame would then "fall off" the supports
- the air tank would still be in the way (although a bit less) and "b" would be longer yet and "c" a bit shorter.
Fortunately all these parts will be hardly visible once the model will be finished... ;)

maniek

Schüler

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 7. Dezember 2006, 17:48

I never seen this model during build. In this momen I can see what is wrong with winch, why you can't fit them with air tank-winch gear (shaft intake) is to big, it should be closer to winch body. Then all dimensions of winch will be smaller.

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 7. Dezember 2006, 20:11

Hi Maniek,
Thank you once more for your comment. If I understood you well, what you wanted to tell me is that in the real thing the drive part of the winch is closer to the 'center' of the winch, thus avoiding problems with space for the drive shafts. Thank you for following this thread so closely!

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 19. Dezember 2006, 16:17

The finished (and rotating!) winch is now in place inside the frame; the cable will be guided over the rear bulkhead by a pulley/roller system that I am constructing right now.
  • Famo 034 (Large).jpg

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 6. Januar 2007, 15:44

I stayed in Mexico for some time and there were many other things to do so I had to keep you waiting for some time...
The pictures show the rear end of the winch mechanism plus the complete towing unit -a very complex construction designed to be movable in all directions. Although there were the same well-known problems in this building phase, I must say that I am happy with the final result: highly detailed parts and yes, it is all movable like the real thing!
  • Famo 035 (Large).jpg
  • Famo 036 (Large).jpg

Josve

Profi

• »Josve« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 6. Januar 2007, 15:48

Looks very good JC!!
"I'LL BE BACK"

Johnny Svensson
PAPIRMODELLER.COM

In the workshop

Finished builds.

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 7. Januar 2007, 23:11

Thank you Josve, and thank you Millpet for your sympathy!
By the way - I forgot to tell you that the next step will be... the wheels... There is no escape: endless series of almost identical parts leading to almost identical assemblies etcetera etcetera....:( :(. -but this I knew when I started the vehicle and I will soon be able to show you how super detailed these wheels are.

Josve

Profi

• »Josve« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 7. Januar 2007, 23:54

LOL don't we all just loooove wheels :)
"I'LL BE BACK"

Johnny Svensson
PAPIRMODELLER.COM

In the workshop

Finished builds.

Dalibor Kalna

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 8. Januar 2007, 11:47

Hallo JC,

wonderfull work, hope you won't give up... 8)

Dalibor
Danke und Gruss
Dalibor

zec

Profi

• »zec« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 22. Oktober 2006

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 8. Januar 2007, 23:09

Zitat

Original von Josve
LOL don't we all just loooove wheels :)

I would say better wheels than chains :D .
LG
Michael

Josve

Profi

• »Josve« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 8. Januar 2007, 23:16

Agree....just started the chain for the greif.....and so far about 10 links made, so If I not take a grip here....time will pass very fast :) and I'm stuck with the chains for a looong time.
"I'LL BE BACK"

Johnny Svensson
PAPIRMODELLER.COM

In the workshop

Finished builds.

jcvandenbergh

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 13. Januar 2007, 12:24

As I am doing this endless job on the wheels I might as well give you a hint that might be helpful in similar cases:
Fixing these black rings (a) around both edges of the rims (b) in exactly the right position (a process that I will have to repeat some 50 to 60 times)is not an easy job.
Now, instead of cutting the rings out which leaves me with parts that are difficult to handle and easy to bend, I remove only the inside of the rings (c), press the rim into the opening on the backside of the ring (d) and apply the glue around the perfectly fitting joints. Then I give it enough time to dry, turn the rims back again and cut out the outer side of the rings (e). The joints are strong now and perfecly flat.
  • Famo 037 (Large).jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »jcvandenbergh« (14. Januar 2007, 11:28)

Social Bookmarks