Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

• »Leif Ohlsson« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 21. Dezember 2004

Beruf: Retired

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 29. Februar 2008, 13:30

Roland CII in 1:72 by "Getter 1"

A new member, John (or "Getter 1") from Spokane, Washington, introduces himself by presenting a free download of the Roland CII, 1:72 scale. Read his introduction and original offer here: Hello from Spokane, Washington USA

I will take the liberty of introducing this generous offer here as well, in order for people not to miss it. The original download refers to Zealot.net (previously Cardmodelers.net; registration required to download). The model comes in five slightly different versions. It is redrawn in vector format by another member at Zealot, "Janx" from Great Britain.

Each version is five pages (with additions for separate markings in some version), so if you dowload you end up with 27 pages in all, which is a very generous offer. One of the pages in each version is for printing on the backside of the sheet which contains cockpit part. This option is to enable smart interior colouring, and it is a very commendable practice, not often seen.

[If you wish to familiarize yourself with the technique of back-side printing, see this thread here at Kartonbau.de; translated into German as well: Two side printing in ten easy steps]

The photos below are from John's beta-build, and the level of detail speaks much for the quality of both design & workmanship. In addition I have added an illustration of page 1 (of 5) of the LH version in the download.

Here are the appropriate links for the model:

+ Download (Zealot.com; registration required)

+ Beta-build & instructions (Zealot.com)
»Leif Ohlsson« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • 12020260.jpg
  • 12020261.jpg
  • 12020262.jpg
  • 12020263.jpg
  • RolandLH-1.jpg
Dankbar für die Gelegenheit auf Englisch schreiben zu dürfen, kann aber Antworten problemlos auf Deutsch lesen.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Leif Ohlsson« (1. März 2008, 01:00)

MichiK

Erleuchteter

• »MichiK« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 3. Mai 2004

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 29. Februar 2008, 15:19

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: !!!
Michi
ROMANES EVNT DOMVS !

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 1. März 2008, 00:09

Roland CII colouring?

There was a question in the original thread from Andreas K about the colouring of the model. I'm sure John will answer himself, but meanwhile I got curious and made a search, so I might as well share the little I found:

It turns out the colouring of the Roland C.II is a MUCH debated issue. The best summary (if you could use that term for a nine-page discussion at the Aerodrome forum starting off with an eight-post long erudite rendering of all that is known about the issue) is found here, at the Aerodrome forum.

My simplistic summary after reading some of that would be: Most aircraft probably a very light sky-blue, or very light yellow. But the issue is hotly argued.

I attach two images found. The caption says: Oblt Eduard von Ritter Schliech, Fl.Abt 2B, Winter 1916/17. From the Roland C.II Datafile. Image: © R. N. Pearson. Source: World War I Airplanes & WWI Museum, Brampton, Canada

In addition, the cover of the 1/48 Eduard kit (and another find at the bottom) might also be very representative, in that the underlying geodetic fuselage structure could have been quite visible in many aircraft, which indicates a semi-transparent finish, presumably also on wings & tail.

To finish off, a very useful large image from the Russian site Wings Palette, which corroborates the detailing of John's and "Janx's" model.
»Leif Ohlsson« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • lfg_roland_cii.jpg
  • lfg_roland_cii_pic.jpg
  • EDU01116.01.jpg
  • Whalefish.jpg
  • 59_3.jpg
Dankbar für die Gelegenheit auf Englisch schreiben zu dürfen, kann aber Antworten problemlos auf Deutsch lesen.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 13 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Leif Ohlsson« (1. März 2008, 00:50)

Getter 1

Schüler

Registrierungsdatum: 29. Februar 2008

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 1. März 2008, 02:43

Hello All,

First off, thaks to anyone who downloads and builds the Roland :D

As for the color schemes they are all supposed to be historical. When I was looking for 3 views for the model design I found very little information. I found a British magazine called Aviation News "June 1985". I had many detailed views as well as many color schemes to choose from. I developed the model parts and layout. After a basic cleaning in MS Paint I had aquired the help of Janx from the Zealot card models forum. He's very talented at the vectors and coloring where as I lack those skills and programs :P

I only asked for the basic LFG factory scheme and the rest was his choice.

The schemes are,

(1) Base unit and Base unit 2 are the basic LFG Roland factory product. It's all light blue with 2 vesions. Markings applied and seperate like decals.

(2) LH is the Linke-Hoffman factory standard color scheme. this file has an optional larger tail fin. This will be my next build of the Roland.

(3) SH is the one Janx dubbed Shark Mouth. The only information the magazine gave on this other than color information was that it was from an unknown unit on the western front during 1916-17. This unit had curtians painted on the windows.

(4) "Checks" is indeed the one from the picture listed by Leif Ohlsson. A web search brought up that picture but with no information so I don't know much about it other than I liked the scheme.

Leif, You meantioned some seim-transpartent parts. Indeed, some of the schemes listed in the magazine do have some areas that were fabric covered and clear doped only, no paint.

I had asked Janx that he leave the PDFs unlocked so anyone who wants to do re-colors feel free to do so. There are many other schemes to do that Janx didn't have time to get to.

If anyone is intrested in the other schemes listed in my magazine feel free to contact me.

Hope for many happy builders out there. Please post pictures :D

Getter 1
John

• »Peter Ferber« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 19. Januar 2006

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 2. März 2008, 10:55

Hallo Kleber!

Mir ist dieses Zeo Forum suspekt, als Gast sieht man nichts. Nach der Anmeldung werden ich zwar ständig aufgefordert etwas zu posten, doch weder Bilder noch Downloads oder Zugang interessanten Seiten bekomme ich. Auch nach zwei Tagen nicht. X( X( X( X( X(

Mit der Begründung: “you do not have permission to access this page” Auf so eine "Schei...." kann ich gern verzichten.

Lange Rede kurzer Sinn: Kann mir jemand die File(s) der Roland CII zukommen lassen? ?(

Peter

Getter 1

Schüler

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 2. März 2008, 18:57

Hello Peter,

Some severs don't let you access files all the time. I have a lot of trouble trying to get files through AOL at time :(

I would be happy to send it to you. Just tell me your e-mail address. Also it's a big file, make sure your box can accept a 11.2mb file.

Getter 1
John

Google translation,

Hallo Peter,

Einige trennt nicht haben Sie Zugriff auf alle Dateien, die Zeit. Ich habe eine Menge Ärger zu bekommen Dateien durch AOL zur Zeit: (

Ich würde mich freuen, senden Sie es an Ihnen. Sagen Sie mir Ihre E-Mail-Adresse. Außerdem ist es eine große Datei, stellen Sie sicher, dass das Feld kann eine 11.2mb Datei.

Getter 1
John

somehow

Fortgeschrittener

• »somehow« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 28. März 2006

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 2. März 2008, 20:45

serverproblems

Hello John,
if you like to bring your model of the Roland CII to this forum, there is the posibility to load it up here to the downloadsection, Leif did so once, and if you want, he is a helpfull person and I think he, or an admin here can help you to do this.

Greetings Holger

Getter 1

Schüler

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 2. März 2008, 21:15

Hello Holger,

That's probably a good idea. That would save me a lot of time as I still use a dial-up connection :P

Ha ha, I design models by hand and I use a dail-up connection. I must be a dinosar :P

Getter 1
John

• »Peter Ferber« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 19. Januar 2006

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 3. März 2008, 10:33

Hallo Schnittkantenfreunde!

Die Lösung: Den Download ins Forum zu stellen, halte ich für besser, da so mehr Interessierte an die Files kommen können!

I thank you most sincerely for sharing your model. Thanks again, but I needn’t a translation. Nevertheless, it could help some other guys.

Peter

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 3. März 2008, 10:47

I have asked Jan Müller to look at this. Let's just wait a little bit and see. I'm sure it will be done as quickly as possible. - L.

Jan Hascher

Moderator - DerTranslator

• »Jan Hascher« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 23. September 2004

Beruf: Filtrierer

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 3. März 2008, 12:05

Hallo Leute,
ich werde die Datei heute abend mal bei uns Uploaden. Im Moment komem ich nicht dazu.

Hi Folks,
will upload the file tonight. Right now I'm too busy.

Gruß
Jan
Jeder, der einen Post mit "Ich habe zwar keine Ahnung, aber..." beginnt, möge bitte den Absenden-Button ignorieren.

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 4. März 2008, 14:58

Martin, thanks for clearing up that point about the non-existing geodetic structure. Plywood covered monocoque would of course rule out any transparency. Very satisfying to get realiable information.

Leif

Mathias Nöring

Moderator - Technik

• »Mathias Nöring« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 10. Oktober 2005

Beruf: IT-Systemadministrator

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 4. März 2008, 17:36

Hallo Freunde !

Dei Roland C-II ist nun in unserem Downloadcenter und kann HIER heruntergeladen werden.

CU

Rocky
Der Blöde ist immer der Realist...
Aber wer braucht schon Leute, die zusammen Ihren Namen tanzen!

Aktueller Bau:
  • Moonport / Apollo CM / 1:32

KARTONBAU.de ® ...mein Forum

Rockabilly-Radio: Rockin' Big Daddy-O Radio

Steiner

Schüler

• »Steiner« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 10. April 2008

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 14. April 2008, 13:45

Hi,

Where can I download the buid instruction?

Regards

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 14. April 2008, 18:52

Hello Steiner,

follow the link in the first post above:

http://forum.zealot.com/t154169/

If you are not a member of that forum you have to register. Print or save the whole page if you wish to return to it at your leisure. (There are actually five pages of the instructions with photos, each section around 5 MB, so I couldn't attach them here.)

Leif

Sonntag, 1. Juni 2008, 12:20

Hallo, Leute, dear all,

kurze Nachfrage nach dem Maßstab: Die im Download-Bereich enthaltenen Modelle sind nicht, wie hier auf den Fotos, 1:72 (die Tragfläche paßt auf eine A4-Seite, ca. 30cm). Wurden die Modelle im Zuge des Vektorisierens auf 1:33 aufgeblasen, was ist der korrekte Maßstab?

I just wanna ask about the scale: The models from the download section are not, as the one shown on the photos, 1/72 (the wing fits one A4 sheet, ca. 30cm). Was the scale changed during the vectorization, what is the correct scale?

Cheers, Old Rutz
Gründungsmitglied der HobbyModel-Gang und Luft46-Gang

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 2. Juni 2008, 12:35

Scale apparently 1:39

Good catch!

I opened up the files in Illustrator, and they turned out to be very nicely structured. However, as you say, the scale is obviously not 1:72. Half the wingspan was measured to 133.5 mm, wich gives a full wingspan of 267 mm.

Wikipedia states the full-size wingspan to be 10.33 meters, which gives a scale of 1:38.7.

So if you wish to rescale to 1:33, just enlarge by 117.2 percent.

Does this agree with your calculations?

Leif

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Leif Ohlsson« (2. Juni 2008, 12:37)

Social Bookmarks