Pfalz im Rhein bei Kaub

• It looks great, Ricardo, but no build report? :( I built this in the 1980s and it looks like they have recolored it, my model was much yellower, with blue roofs. I saw the original in 1998 and it was pinkish then. A beautiful little model =D> =D>

best regards
    mit herzlichen grussen

Fred

In Build:
    Panzerkreuzer Infanta Maria Teresa

Edited once, last by Royaloakmin ().

• Yes, John mine looks like yours, only not as nice. I did not know about edge coloring back then. I should take a picture and post it. It is great to see Ricardo back.

best regards
    mit herzlichen grussen

Fred

In Build:
    Panzerkreuzer Infanta Maria Teresa

• Thanks for the comments :)

The reason for not posting a construction report here is the same for being almost completely off this forum for the last few weeks, after the holidays: too much work at the office. Depending on the view, it is either good or bad :rolleyes:
    Another reason is that I took very few pictures during construction. If you want, they are available here:

http://forum.modelismo-na.net/viewtopic.php?t=9804

The next model will have (many!) construction pictures. If I tell you that the model is Schereibers biggest, and arguably best, I bet you have already got it.

John it is a shame that I didnt properly follow your last reports. Im still looking forward to having a nice time to see and read about something in Quebec ;)
    Back to the castle, I agree that Schreiber made an improvement. That is not very surprising because the scale went up from 1/250 to 1/160. Apart from much more realistic colours, there is more detail inside. However, Im far from sure that the smaller inside detail level made the older version easier to build. It was a lot smaller and all the roofs and dormer windows are all there!...

• Heloo,
    pretty well done. Only the water of Father Rhine is missing. And of- course a bottle of wine.

Best regards

modellschiff

Artikel 1 GG:

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar.

Sie zu achten und zu schützen ist Verpflichtung aller staatlichen Gewalt

• I am almost back Yu. Time before or after normal working hours is still too short for a reasonable participation in this forum :(
    I tried the link for modelismo-na.net and it worked. I wonder if your computer is playing some dirty trick with you :rolleyes:

@ Matthias nice to hear from you and glad you liked the model :)

@ Modelschif - thanks God the Father Rhine is missing! It wouldn't work out very well with a paper model ;)

@ loetbons - thanks for the picture :) The models colours look very similar to what I see there! Excepting the roofs, perhaps a bit too light.
    Is the Rhine water level pretty steady on the castle's location? I see that the access door is some meters above ground level but not too many! May I ask you something? The bike in your avatar is not just for the show, is it? If you are in Holland, I bet it is not. If so, we have something in common, apart from paper models :D

• hello ricleite

The water level on the Rhine is different for example if their is falling very much rain.
    Also in springtime wenn the snow is melting in the mountains in the Swiss.
    The picture is taken wenn I was sailing during highwater on the Rhine.You can see the differens between the two pictures.
    The picture of the Avatar was taken two years ago wenn I was climbing the Alpe d'Huez in France with my bycicle,mostly we go in the hollydays to France .This year I have climbing the Mont Ventoux three times

greatings loet bons

• @ loetbons - I know that river levels depends on the amount of water passing. How much the surface rises depends on the location. If it is very near the sea, it will probably rise less than on a location further upstream. The Rhine is, at the castles location, very wide. That may be also a reason for not going up a lot. In the Douro river, here in Portugal, the water level can rise around 6m in Oporto (close to the sea) and well over 12m in Régua, less than 200km upstream. I guess this lovely castle wouldn't like to be placed there :rolleyes:
    Regarding bikes, I see that you are a pro 8o. I usually take a ride only on Saturday morning and a bit more during the holydays. In a year, that adds up to something like 3000 to 4000km, which is not bad :)