Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

• »imavingalaughaswell« ist männlich
  • »imavingalaughaswell« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 28. Dezember 2009

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 2. August 2010, 00:20

Optimus Prime paper-replika.com

**Duplicate thread from papermodelers.com**

Hello folks .....

My attempt to build Optimus Prime ...from paper-replika.com

I'm using photo paper for the whole build ,not a lot to say really,its going together well with a few minor issues on parts (missing fold lines e.t.c),i started with the torso ,part 2a,then went to 2b/2c,ive now paused on 2c to work on the head ......

okies ive heard a bit about how many pages this thing uses and the cost e.t.c so here is my take on it.....

I'm unemployed so can't afford to spend a lot of money on what the missis calls "a waste of money" depending on her mood lol ...so approx 250 pages of photo paper..no big deal ,where i live i can get 15 sheets for £1 from yes you guessed it the £1 store ! i bought 5 packs 2 weeks ago and have just bought another 5 packs..and in 2 weeks time i will get some more ,so it spreads the cost a bit for me ... as far as printing goes i use large capacity refillable cartridges in my printer ,so ink is not really an issue ...

anyways enough waffle from me ..hope it all looks good on the pics i took with my old crappy camera ...

laters...
»imavingalaughaswell« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • PICT0001.jpg
  • PICT0002.jpg
  • PICT0003.jpg
  • PICT0004.jpg
  • PICT0005.jpg
  • PICT0006.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »imavingalaughaswell« (2. August 2010, 00:54)

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 2. August 2010, 00:32

update

hello folks .. a few more progress pics ...

broke away from doing the torso and went on to the waist part,now completed the waist ,and am now moving onto the legs before going back to the torso and head..

had a few issues with the waist...
where the waist will eventually join to the torso there are to identical hexagon shaped parts the gule on top of each other,i did a small re design of this to make it one part but still the same height as the two together,
Two other parts were in my opinion designed completly wrong,as they did not fit correctly to the ajoining parts...these were also redesigned and the new parts have been sent over to Paper-replika for appproval....

anyways enough waffle..a few pics....
»imavingalaughaswell« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • PICT0007.jpg
  • PICT0011.jpg
  • PICT0012.jpg
»imavingalaughaswell« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:
  • PICT0008.jpg (421,78 kB - 1 143 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 4. März 2017, 19:16)
  • PICT0009.jpg (417,08 kB - 1 124 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 20. Oktober 2017, 23:04)
  • PICT0010.jpg (472,74 kB - 1 108 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 6. März 2017, 02:23)

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 2. August 2010, 00:41

update

another little update....

started working on the legs,working from the ground up of course...

god these feet are BIG!!!!....

im working on bothe left and right at the same time,i have my parts split and the packs labled left and right,i just pick a part,rough cut both left and right,and mark them up,etc etc etc....

ive seen a few saying that photo paper causes various issues for the build but up to yet ive not hit any major problems,maybe its because its just very cheap paper? not sure,

regarding the thickness and it affecting tubes,holes etc,all i do is make the tube first,then find all the parts that that tube has to fit through and make sure i cut the holes to suit,checking all parts while flat before building the parts..

the main issues i'm having so far with the build is design faults..for example on the pic of the part shown below it has been drawn wrong and the tab is overlapping ...on the completed part its shows up clearly if you know where it is lol ...

anyway enough waffle ...here are the pics..

laters folks
»imavingalaughaswell« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • error.jpg
»imavingalaughaswell« hat folgende Dateien angehängt:
  • PICT0020.jpg (289,23 kB - 1 141 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 19. Oktober 2017, 06:40)
  • PICT0019.jpg (383,64 kB - 1 117 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 19. Oktober 2017, 05:37)
  • PICT0016.jpg (410,64 kB - 1 127 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 19. Oktober 2017, 06:18)
  • PICT0018.jpg (355,64 kB - 1 103 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 19. Oktober 2017, 20:14)
  • PICT0017.jpg (313,79 kB - 1 109 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 8. März 2017, 16:06)

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 15. August 2010, 20:42

update

ello folks time for an update me thinx....

just working on the legs ..nearly done ...

just the one pic as ive now lost my camera for another week .
»imavingalaughaswell« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • JD500022.jpg

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 29. August 2010, 13:18

update

just a quick update to say this is still ongoing ...

progress details are now here .....

Paper Optimus Prime

• »Mettschweinmann« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 30. April 2010

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 29. August 2010, 18:41

"Ich bin Optimus Prime"...

Super!

Social Bookmarks