new free model - LASH lighter

• There is a new free model to download from http://www.papershipwright.co.uk!

It is Doug Holden's model of a LASH lighter. LASH stands for Lighter Aboard Ship. These lighters were designed for carrying bulk cargo and, while they could float and be towed by small tugs, they were carried over longer distances by larger carrier ships like the "Munchen".

Enjoy making the model and please encourage Mathias Nöring to complete his model of the Munchen so we have something we can put the lighter on!

David

• Thank you David. And hopefully we will see some of the other new ships available soon? :D

best regards
    mit herzlichen grussen

Fred

In Build:
    Panzerkreuzer Infanta Maria Teresa

• Hello David!

Thank you very much for this titbit!

I've just come home from Bremerhaven, where some of us had a cardboard modeling workshop, and I've asked -no, begged on my knees- Mathias Nöring to continue with his LASH-Carrier "München" so that it may be published just in time for the 30th anniversary of it's disappearing on December 12, 1978.
    But Rocky was occupied with the late Mr. Cousteau's "Calypso", which he is developing in 1:100 scale for a friend of his, so that we should not expect the "München" at that time.
    But a german proverb says "aufgeschoben ist nicht aufgehoben" (= postponed doesn't mean cancelled)... so we can wait and hope for it.

Good night to you and all
    Papercaptain

(Hallo, David, danke für diesen Leckerbissen. Ich komme gerade aus Bremerhaven vom Kartonmodellbau-Workshop, wo ich Rocky kniefällig gebeten habe, doch die "München" bis zum 12. Dezember 2008, dem Tag, an dem sich der Untergang zum 30. Mal jährt, fertigzustellen. Aber Rocky war noch mit der Konstruktion von Cousteaus ehemaliger "Calypso" im Maßstab 1:100 für einen Freund beschäftigt, so daß wir noch nicht zu dem Termin mit der "München" rechnen können. Aber wie das Sprichwort sagt: "Aufgeschoben ist nicht aufgehoben...")

Kleben Sie wohl!
    Kartonkapitän

Ich schnipsel mit Schere, ich klebe und falz';
    das is zwar nur Schimäre, doch mich unterhalt's! :P(frei nach Johann Nestroy)