Modellskipper.de

• Hello,

This is my first post on Kartonbau.de and let me say I am really enjoying the ship models I see here and the different building techniques that are discussed and illustrated.

I hope you can help me with some questions I have concerning the German website Modellskipper.de (http://www.modellskipper.de/).

I found the site through some searches I was doing on the Web for ship plans on World War II ships that I am interested in modeling - specifically the German KM Vorpostenboote and Elbing torpedo boat, the Italian RM Calvi submarine, and the Japanese IJN I-go and I-400 class submarines. When I searched these topics on the modellskipper.de site, I would ultimately end up at the order page.

My German is nonexistent. But using Babelfish (http://babelfish.altavista.com/), I was able to get a general sense of the various page entries. And it seemed that what I needed to get started was to order the "Artikelquellenarchiv", very reasonably priced at 7.50 .

No problem.

I clicked on the various hot links and provided my address and email information. However, the website never asked for any credit card information and when I got to the order confirmation page, the item ordered (Artikelquellenarchiv) was not listed and there were no charges.

I thought this odd but I have dealt with European sites where they contact you separately for the charge card information, so (feeling slightly foolish) I completed the order and, sure enough, was hot linked to a page that, when translated, thanked me for my order and said I would receive an email shortly.

However, it has been about a week since I did this and I've received no email.

So I've begun to wonder if maybe Modellskipper.de is out of business and I have inadvertently stumbled across it's abandoned but still on-line and dutifully functioning website.

I would appreciate it if the German-speaking members of the Kartonbau community can help me understand the situation.

Thanks

• Captain,

to order that article, you need to check the checkbox in front of the quantity edit field (I tried - then you see the article on checkout).

Submit and on the next page enter your contact details. You'll then get to a summary screen where you finally submit your order.

You should then be contacted via email that should include the bank account info of the shop. Payment via CC is not possible - only bank transfer (they want the money before they send out the stuff).

One note: I am not completely sure if you get all the listed articles in the archive on the CD - to me it sounds that you'll only get a verbose index, but not the articles / plans themselves.

best regards,
    Michael

One note: I am not completely sure if you get all the listed articles in the archive on the CD - to me it sounds that you'll only get a verbose index, but not the articles / plans themselves.

Michael,

Yes, I wondered that myself. I figured that I had one of three possibilities:

1) an index only,
    2) an index with articles but no plans, or
    3) an index with articles and plans.

For 7.50 Euros, 3) is too much to expect. I'm hoping for 2) but if 1) has a good description of the plan sets (so that I know where to order and what to expect), it will be enough. I'll go back and place the order properly this time.

Thanks to all for the assistance.

P.S.: Michael - Enjoyed your tag line. Babelfish rendered it as "A friend is someone, which likes you, although it knows you." That is a true friend, indeed. :)

• The "Artikelquellenarchiv" is the List of all existing articles published in 3 or 4 German Model-Papers since the launch of the archive. It includes NO full articles and NO plans (this is not allowed - copyright... modellskipper.de is a private site). So you can use it as a hint, where you have to look for at ebay or somewhere else to get the article you are searching for.
    The cd also contains some nice and even useful hints and tricks to build details for your model. Also there is a list of shops and sellers of certain part for modelling.

... excuse my bad English...

Gruß, Falko

Ich glaube, ich genieße den Ruf, nicht umsonst verrückt zu sein (frei nach Cpt. Blackbeard)