Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

deckape

Schüler

• »deckape« ist männlich
  • »deckape« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 5. August 2011

Beruf: Retired Naval veteran

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 11. März 2013, 15:50

Model Kasrtonowy Hms. Iron Duke 1/200

Ahoy

Decided to start a build thread here got t5o pay my dues, got a late start on the beginning of the build here I am at the end of the construction of the hull still have a little more then everything will be up to date on the build. So I will start now in general the kit is ancient by all means there are alot of parts that dont agree with the fitting, fit issues galore. The biggest problem is the bottom skins of the hull they dont match from frame to frame some are to short and some are to narrow. so I double skinned, The first layer of the bottom skins I used is a vanilia file folder good card stock, after the first layer has been applied I sprayed painted a sheet of the vanila cardstock with red oxide color...... after the sheet has dried I re traced the bottom skin patterns by makeing them larger then what the kit had offered..... then from there on everything fits like a glove. at this assembly stage i just completed the black boot topping above the hull waterline.Here are the up to date pictures, from now onm evwerything will be up to date on the build I will start with another posting this evening.

Boats
»deckape« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • PICT0001.JPG
  • PICT0002.JPG
  • PICT0003.JPG
  • PICT0004.JPG
  • PICT0005.JPG

deckape

Schüler

• »deckape« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 12. März 2013, 05:47

Hull Construction continiued

Ahoy

Todaye update build report finisheing up the hull then the next assembly will be the deck furniture, As for todays build report i burnished down the bottom hull skins useing a punce wheel i made indentations to simulate the rivets used and blackened them in with ink. All of the bli8ge keels were adeed too, the stern observation platform was added the stern casement walls were added the four screw were added. after assembly I sprayed on two coats of Areo gloss dope 50.50 half butrate and the nitrate. the three anchors will be constructed and installed then i will turn to on the deck furniture.

Boats
  • PICT0007.JPG
  • PICT0008.JPG
  • PICT0009.JPG
  • PICT0010.JPG
  • PICT0011.JPG
  • PICT0012.JPG
  • PICT0013.JPG
  • PICT0014.JPG

deckape

Schüler

• »deckape« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 13. März 2013, 06:33

Fitting out the deck furniture

Ahoy

Here is the update build report for the day, Scince the hull is all completed now its time start fitting out the vessel with its deck fittings and so on...... Starting from the bow working aft is the plan of the build, no fit problems arised on these assemblies here si the update for now more tomorrow.

boats :thumbup:
  • PICT0001.JPG
  • PICT0002.JPG
  • PICT0003.JPG
  • PICT0004.JPG
  • PICT0005.JPG
  • PICT0006.JPG
  • PICT0007.JPG
  • PICT0008.JPG
  • PICT0009.JPG

deckape

Schüler

• »deckape« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 14. März 2013, 07:03

Fitting out the forward superstructure

Ahoy

Here is the build repoirt for the day starting from stem to stern all of deck fittings have been finished thier detail will come later, as of now i am buildinjg all sub assemblies the bridg layout is conventional skins ans formers. letting the structure dry overnight and give it a burnishing in the morninjg here is the build up dat for the night.

Boats :thumbup:
  • PICT0001.JPG
  • PICT0002.JPG
  • PICT0003.JPG
  • PICT0004.JPG
  • PICT0005.JPG
  • PICT0006.JPG
  • PICT0007.JPG
  • PICT0008.JPG
  • PICT0009.JPG

deckape

Schüler

• »deckape« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 16. März 2013, 11:51

Superstructure assembly continued

Ahoy Modlers

Update build report for now is the construction of the forward superstructure uinit, The Bridge deck and navigation decks have been backed and installed and the bridge deck closed bulwork has been adeed the bulworks have to be finished off before anything else is attached..... The forward stcak has been formed and dry fitted to the boiler caseings at the rear of the forward superstructure house. No fit issues were present.

Boats :thumbsup:
  • PICT0019.JPG
  • PICT0020.JPG
  • PICT0021.JPG

deckape

Schüler

• »deckape« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 19. März 2013, 17:15

Superstructure sub assemblies completed

Ahoy

Update build report all superstructure sub assemblies have been completed starting from the bow to stern I will work in the detail on the this step coming up....... I no longer need the instructions on this build anymore I have purchased a set of plans from the floating drydock in the scale of 1/8th or 1/92 they will provide me with all of the onfo I need to complete this build.

Boats :thumbsup:
  • PICT0001.JPG
  • PICT0002.JPG
  • PICT0003.JPG
  • PICT0004.JPG
  • PICT0005.JPG
  • PICT0006.JPG
  • PICT0007.JPG
  • PICT0008.JPG
  • PICT0009.JPG

deckape

Schüler

• »deckape« ist männlich

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 20. März 2013, 19:07

Turrets and fitting out details

Ahoy

Buil;d update for the day ois the construction and installation of the gun turrets No. 1 and 2 starting at the bow working aft i have started the fitting out of the build on the following pictures i have constructed the anchor chains and chain locker shutes. The gun barrels are made from rolled tuibeing of the norm....... Next will be the installation of the foreward casement guns and other details then next will be the completetion of the forward super structure and thye ships boats. This kit in general is not for the novis there are alot of bad fit issues on this kit if you dont have the experience enough to go arouind the errors of the kit you will run into trouble and you will end up throwing it away as if it was rubbish, so its not for the novis at heart... I heard through the grapevine that model card has re-issued an update kit the fit of parts are excellent. The moel represent its launching in 1912 and durring the first world war although like other vessels she went through several refits. Here is the update build report.

Boats :thumbup:
  • PICT0007.JPG
  • PICT0008.JPG
  • PICT0009.JPG
  • PICT0010.JPG
  • PICT0011.JPG
  • PICT0012.JPG
  • PICT0014.JPG
  • PICT0015.JPG

Social Bookmarks