Micromodels Queen Elizabeth

• Hello to all, here are two photos of my completed Queen Elizabeth from the Micromodels set SIX; I would be most interested to see other Micromodels on the site (the recent Ransomes Giant Excavator diorama was brilliant) but I think I'm missing something because the "search" box always tells me there isn't a match for any of the keywords I enter - basically, I can't find any of the subjects I've either seen in the past or published! Any help or advice would be welcome!

The kit as usual needed some mods. - Microdels always do! The rear superstructure and the funnel casings needed re-design which I did with simple computer drawn parts and the hull upperworks needed some adjustment in length and alignment; the most troublesome part of the build was of course the 26 lifeboats and the 52 supports for them - the boats were carved and the supports are from fine electrical wire.

That said, and again like all Micromodels, the end result is a delight and has the great advantage of taking up such a tiny amount of space - after my 1:200 Bismarck and the similarly scaled Graf Spee (both were on the site at one time but again I can't find them) this is a big advantage in keeping peace at home!

Best wishes

Chris

• Hello Chris,

And welcome! Please take a moment at your convenience and drop us a note in the "Who am I thread" We are always very pleased to meet new modelers. Sometimes the search function works great, other times not so well. I think that has to do with the last site redesign and what tags folks use. Also make sure you have both English and German check boxs ticked in your User Profile Settings tab.

Here is the link to all of my Micromodels if you are interested.

What a great job on Set SIX, really very nice. I hope that you will share more of your work with us in the future. I think you would enjoy some of the 1:250, 1:400 or even 1:500 offerings from the various publishers.

Kind Regards,

Cris

• ... and has the great advantage of taking up such a tiny amount of space - after my 1:200 Bismarck ...

Hello Chris,

I can really feel what you mean... :D

It is great to seen the Micro-Queen here!

Fertig: MS WILHELM GUSTLOFF, 1:250

Aufwachen - es ist 5 vor 33...

• Hi Guys and thanks for the comments.

I've been a member since 2007 and have previously published the 1:200 GPM Bismarck and Admiral Graf Spee - still can't find either these on Kartonbau site or the Micromodels Cris was kind enough to send me the link to!

I'll put some other Micromodels on the site in the appropriate sections in due course - I've been making these all my life (I'm now 65) and started with them by sending off for a sample in response to an advertisement in the Meccano magazine when I must have been about 10 years old; I received Dracow the Dragon which my poor father had to help me with!

Other models in metal and plastic followed this over the years but I've now gone back to Micromodels as there's only so much space in our house for huge battleships and equally huge airships hanging from the ceilings; I've been doing railway engines over the past two years.

The attached are some models from my collection dating back to the late 1960s.

Best wishes

Chris

• Hi Chris,

Simply click on on the word "Beiträge" on the left pane beneath your name, and you should find your former contributions.
    Great work, by the way!

Cheers
    Wolfgang