Lockheed Hercules C-130 Blue Angels 1:48

• Hello modeller friends.

I want to show my Lockheed Hercules from Dave Winfield.(downloadable model from E-Card

The scale is 1:48 and i print it out on glossy photopaper 180 gr.

It is not a model for beginners becouse there are some tricky thing sin the construction.

The parts are matching good and the color scheme wasl ined-up very well.

All with all a beautiful but big model.

The small one is the Douglas A-4E from Fidlers Green.Enjoy.

• Hi Tony - he´s (Fat Albert) looking good ! Now all that misses is a bunch of RATO´s mounted on the fuselage and off he goes ! ;)

In principio erat glutinis
    Gründungsmitglied der HobbyModel-Gang und Luft46-Gang
    Den Kartonbauer in seinem Lauf, hält weder Bogen- noch Klebermangel auf!

• Thanks Wolfgang.
    My last information about the "Fat Albert", is that they don't use the "RATO's" ( Rocket Assist Take Off) longer on this plane.
    I think here is also the Finance crisis in the world the reason to dicide this.
    For a demonstration team maybe to expensive.
    Many demo teams don't fly anymore.(In Holland we have long time ago "The Wishky Four" and "The Diamond Four" (Ruiten Vijf)

I had the posibility to put them on the fuselage(it was icluded the kit) But i choose for the last version.

Grüße von Blue Angel (Tony)

You can reply in the German Language.

________________________________________________________________________________________
    Tony ist leider am 27.12.2012 verstorben. Seine Beiträge in diesem Forum mögen an ihn erinnern...

• What a shame ! That - in some kind - also was one of the highlights !
    But as always - money matters. I once read that these RATO-Bottles were manufactored in the 50s and still are being used ! One sure has to have trust (no not tHrust ;) ) in these :D .
    Presumably - those are better wasted on the Herc´s that go to the artic - they really need them in some conditions to get off of their snow-runways.

In principio erat glutinis
    Gründungsmitglied der HobbyModel-Gang und Luft46-Gang
    Den Kartonbauer in seinem Lauf, hält weder Bogen- noch Klebermangel auf!

• They are still in use by the Navy and Airforce for different jobs.
    I agree it is an fantastic picture if they take off with the RATO.
    Here is a photo taking by the last visit of the Blue Angels in Holland (Leeuwarden 2006)

Images

________________________________________________________________________________________
    Tony ist leider am 27.12.2012 verstorben. Seine Beiträge in diesem Forum mögen an ihn erinnern...

• Hi,

JATO (Jet Assisted Take Off) wird immer noch genutzt.

Dieses Bild ist von dem Blue Angels Besuch in Leeuwarden,
    ich hatte aber letztes Jahr mit der Crew eine C130 der NY ANG gequatscht und die haben die Dinger auch noch im Arsenal.
    Diese recht spektakuläre Art des Starts wird aber auch nur genutzt, wenn es gar nicht anders geht, zB bei den Eis-Missionen.
    Die Kräfte, die dabei auf das Flugzeug wirken, können dem alten Mädchen ganz schön zusetzen...

Viele Grüße
    Thomas

• I know that Thomas. Only the Blu Angels don"t use it longer.
    Only some times when it's realy neede.

• Hey, together,

that´s really bad news. I´ve been in contact with Tony last year, since I had a model he was looking for.
    During a e-mail exchange over weeks I´ve learned to know him as a damned friendly and interested guy, and we agreed to do something together - I still have one of his models on my HD.

Cheers

Till

Is das Kunst, oder kann das wech?