Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Kartonbau.de - Alles rund um Papiermodelle, Kartonmodellbau und Bastelbogen. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

• »imavingalaughaswell« ist männlich
  • »imavingalaughaswell« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 28. Dezember 2009

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 4. Januar 2010, 21:04

Liebherr LTM 11200-9.1 Build

Hello folks
Duplicate build Thread here Build thread on English Website
First of all lets get one thing out of the way...

I did not design the model featured in this build thread and take no credit for doing so,i am however making changes to the design and build to suit my build..

This model was released over at http://www.racepaper.de/ as a 24 part advent calender ,visiters were allowed to download 1 part/page of the model per day in the run up to xmas,i made sure i got them all!!!

The model is designed in 1/43 scale which i am changing to 1/24 scale, bigger is easier for me!!

Ok so after i collected all the parts i then did some research online to get as much info about the real thing as i could,then it was onto a build attempt.

So i decided to start from the bottom and work up ,so the first thing is the wheels,there are a total of 18 wheels for this thing!!,in my re-design of the wheel ive gone from 7 parts per wheel(which included wheel hub) to a total of 11 parts per wheel,not including the hubs,these will be added to the re-design of the axles..

pictures to follow when i get them uploaded..

will be back...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »imavingalaughaswell« (12. Januar 2010, 03:24)

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 4. Januar 2010, 21:16

update

A few pics in no particular order ....

*EDIT*
Added a couple more pics of the first of the completed wheels,note that they have hollow centers,this is because the wheel hubs will be on the axles rather than as the original where they are part of the wheel...

On another note ..Please DO NOT send me requests for ANY missing part/parts for this collection ,as stated when i started this thread ,i DID NOT design this model and therefore DO NOT hold any permissions to share /distribute any of the files !!!..

If you want this model you need to go over to http://www.racepaper.de and send a request to the right person!!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »imavingalaughaswell« (12. Januar 2010, 03:25)

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 4. Januar 2010, 21:23

update

okies i'm back again ....

not sure how i need to word this,but i'm sure someone will correct me if its wrong ...

I'm not sure at what point i can say that this model is my design?,i'm using the original design only as a starting point for my build,i am using some of the original parts but am changing the design of most of them , so anyway maybe i could take part of the credit for the build? i dunno? anyway on with the update!!!

Just finished the last of the 18 wheels for the beast of a model

two more pics,one showing the new size of my wheel compared with the original,the other showing all 18 wheels completed(and my full ashtray!!) ..

Ok on to the next bit , the axles, and as yet ive not managed to find out what they actually look like on the real thing ,on the original design they ar just a rectangle shape box,so i'm going to give them more of an axle shape,from what i have researched there are a total of 9 axles,2 are fixed non driven ,and the other 7 are driven with stearing,so thats about it on this for a day or so maybe while i design the new axles...

oh and i'm not using any 3d software to do this ..just want to keep it simple !!!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »imavingalaughaswell« (12. Januar 2010, 03:26)

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 4. Januar 2010, 21:26

update

After a few more hours of drawing ,cutting,folding,glueing,TRASHING, etc etc etc ...

This is my final attempt at a hub ....

First a couple of pics of the hub itself...

Then a few with if in place inside a wheel ....

Just another 17 to build!!

The plan is to make it so the hub+wheel will rotate on the axle once completed ....

Will be back !!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »imavingalaughaswell« (12. Januar 2010, 03:28)

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 4. Januar 2010, 21:30

update

just a quick update ...

still working on hubs!!!

hub production line ...8 parts per hub!

First try at new axle ...looks ok i think? ..i just need to re think it to make it a bit stronger ...

will be back ...

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »imavingalaughaswell« (12. Januar 2010, 03:29)

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 4. Januar 2010, 21:32

update

All the hubs done !!!

I put them all in the wheels just to show what they look like ,they will not be glued to the wheels!

The idea of this is so that on the finished model the wheels are removable to show axle detail ....

If and when its complete lol

Back to working on the axles now,may not be back for a couple of days with an update ...gonna be getting very drunk 2moro night!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR FOLKS!!!

will be back..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »imavingalaughaswell« (12. Januar 2010, 03:30)

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 4. Januar 2010, 21:36

update

Hello folks ....

After a short break for getting drunk over New Year i returned to working on the axles...

The idea was to give the axle stearing and to also allow wheel hubs to rotate,i managed to get it how i wanted it after a few attempts....

The axle is not yet finished as i need to add the center shafts joining each axle together..cant remember what its called ,but anyways it covers the white circle you can still see on the axle...

Sorry about picture quality,taking pics not my strong point sorry...

A couple of pics of the axle with hubs but no wheels ...

And a few with the wheels on! ....

will be back

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »imavingalaughaswell« (12. Januar 2010, 03:31)

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 4. Januar 2010, 21:39

update

Hi folks ....

Have done a bit more on this monster .....

Have had a bit of a re-think on the build ,my first axle has gone in the bin !

Started on the re-design of the chassis,as i'm changing the axles the chassis had to be completley re-designed to accomadate the new axles ..

After making the first two parts of the chassis i then had to remake them after suffering from wrinkley paper syndrone ....

After this i decided to re-design and remake the axles from card ,also the chassis is made from card ..the card i'm using is sold as card but its not really thick so is ideal for this ..anyways thats about it for now..

just a few pics ...

First two sections of chassis..Length = 350 mm or 13 3/4" in old money lol

Third section of chassis ready for cutting,and parts for the axles ..

may be back later today with a few more pics....

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »imavingalaughaswell« (12. Januar 2010, 03:33)

René Pinos

• »René Pinos« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 6. November 2005

Beruf: Indschinör

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 4. Januar 2010, 22:03

Dear "Living Laugh As Well" :D

please do us the favour and modify the texts back to English language. It's not necessary to translate it to German as most of the members are able to read/understand English. On the other hand don't use this translators, the result is [SIZE=7]"bullshit"[/SIZE]. :rolleyes:

To your model, Volker will be very pleased to see his design upgraded to a larger scale. Also the axels and differentials with functioning steering is impressive along with the tires.

Good luck and don't hesitate to write in English. ;)

Servus
René
to trump up erfinden

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 4. Januar 2010, 22:07

Zitat

Originally posted by René Pinos
Dear "Living Laugh As Well" :D

please do us the favour and modify the texts back to English language. It's not necessary to translate it to German as most of the members are able to read/understand English. On the other hand don't use this translators, the result is [SIZE=7]"bullshit"[/SIZE]. :rolleyes:

To your model, Volker will be very pleased to see his design upgraded to a larger scale. Also the axels and differentials with functioning steering is impressive along with the tires.

Good luck and don't hesitate to write in English. ;)

Servus
René

ok , will be updating on here at the same time as other forum .. good to hear i don't need to translate ..that took me ages!!

possible update in a few hours...

René Pinos

• »René Pinos« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 6. November 2005

Beruf: Indschinör

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 4. Januar 2010, 22:11

Don't misunderstand me,

it is not a must and not neccessary to spend this time. Use it better to build this model and not wasting time to opearte this funny translators. :D

Sorry it was not that serious.

with best regards
René
to trump up erfinden

racepaper

Konstrukteur

• »racepaper« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 13. Juni 2005

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 4. Januar 2010, 22:25

very interesting your version ...
... racepaper.de (2000-2016)
meine paper.news auf twitter.com/streetpaper
racepaper.de --- streetpaper.de - bexs-town.de - Bremen

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 5. Januar 2010, 10:26

update

good morning folks ..time for an update ....

Have been up all night building and designing ...

so a few more pics ...

first the chassis of the monster , took on top of A4 paper 3 pics is length

next we have a few more part sheets,these are new parts not included in original model ..

and a couple of the axles in thier approx position (suspension still to be added) ..left to right axles 9 and 8 stearing but no drive,axles 7 and 6 no stearing and no drive..

in my next update i will make sure i have at least one axle in its final position complete with suspension..

will be back

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2010, 05:24

update

Well its that time again ...

since my last last update ive been working on the design for the suspension,it is based on a 1/50 diecast model of the same thing ..

as i said in my last post i wanted to finish at least one axle,complete with suspension....

well here it is !!

Goals achieved so far on the build ..

Turning Wheels ... Check
Stearing ..... Check
Suspension ... Check

On the pictures above you should see the big yellow oblong shapes ..(well ya can't miss them really) ..those are working spring loaded shocks,they are made completely from paper and contain no hidden metal (i:e a spring) they have 10 mm of travel ,by the time i have all 9 sets on the model it should support the weight.. well i hope

Will be back ..but not for a few days ,i have lots of parts ready for building ,on my next post i should have a complete rolling chassis...

• »Michael112« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 13. Oktober 2008

Beruf: Physiotherapeut

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2010, 08:34

Ltm 11200

Good Morning,

where can I get this cardboard Model ? I`m very very interested to make this
LTM 11200!!!

have a nice day

Michael

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2010, 09:37

RE: Ltm 11200

Zitat

Originally posted by Michael112
Good Morning,

where can I get this cardboard Model ? I`m very very interested to make this
LTM 11200!!!

have a nice day

Michael

The original was released over at racepaper before christmas as a 24 part advent calender and is no longer available.

My version MAY BE available once completed provided i get permissions from original designer.

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 6. Januar 2010, 10:44

Ltm 11200

Hello,

thank`s for answer.
Hm, christmas is over... :-).
Maybe I will make in few month an Liebherr Spacelifter for a modern harbor scenerie... It`s could be horrible to construct it in scale 1:250......

I will locking for your follow pictures

Michael

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2010, 00:05

update

hello again folks ..

I found my old camera thats a bit better for taking pics ...

just a few test pics a bit clearer i think ..

First a few parts of the suspension linkages etc

And on the model...

And how about this .....

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 8. Januar 2010, 15:59

question

just a quick update to say i'm sill working on getting a rolling chassis completed ..no more pics till its done,spent all day yesterday cutting out parts and have still not finished cutting lol ,,,

So anyway back to why i have posted today ..

I have a bit of a question and i'm looking for views on it , and maybe if Volker could reply it would help too..

Q: At what point can i say its my own design?

The reason i ask is because my build is only using Volker's design as a starting point for my design , so far every part ive used has had to have a re- design to work with my build ,using the original parts a refference .

So .....

Views on this..

thanx...

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 10. Januar 2010, 06:12

update

good morning folks ....

I know i said i would be post pics of the completed rolling chassis , but its taking a lot longer to do than expected so anyway ... progress pics!!
»imavingalaughaswell« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • JD500028.jpg
  • JD500029.jpg
  • JD500030.jpg
  • JD500031.jpg
  • JD500032.jpg
  • JD500033.jpg

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 10. Januar 2010, 06:15

update

And a few more .....

And yes that is my feet you see!!! had to stand on something to get it all in the pic...

will be back soon
  • JD500034.jpg
  • JD500035.jpg
  • JD500036.jpg
  • JD500037.jpg
  • JD500038.jpg
  • JD500039.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »imavingalaughaswell« (11. Januar 2010, 12:41)

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 11. Januar 2010, 13:02

update

good morning folks .....

so i finished the rolling chassis at last ..yay ....

but wait ... its wrong ... ;( ;(

After studying the drawings i have for it ,i had lost 30 mm from the length of the chassis , after a bit more study ...i found the the space between each set of wheels was 10 mm to small on each set... :( :(

So out with the big bladed knife!!!

I chopped the chassis carefully along the joins ,made a few 10mm boxes,stuck it back togeher ,added a few extra pieces to strenghen the joins and all is good again ....

Working from the drawings of the real thing , and the fact that i should have it at 1/24 scale the whole model should be 830 mm in length, as it stands now i have a length of 780 mm ,but i have a lot more to go on that will make up the length,my next job is to work up from the chassis re designing as i go ,using the original,and the drawings as a starting point for the parts..

will be back soon..
so on to the pics ...(still need to make driveshafts)
  • JD500040.jpg
  • JD500041.jpg
  • JD500050.jpg
  • JD500051.jpg
  • JD500047.jpg
  • JD500048.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »imavingalaughaswell« (11. Januar 2010, 13:03)

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 14. Januar 2010, 18:01

update

Hi Folks ...

Its been a few days i think since my last update so ive took a break to give an update with a few pics ...

After finishing the chassis i then started to work upwards from that,again using Volker's original disign and pics of the real thing as a starting point ...

pic 1 ....the pieces that have the reflectors on ,i made them the full width of the underside..glued them all on only to find that the wheels no longer had room to turn..out with the big bladed knife again ..changed them to suit ..see pic 3..

pic 2 ,the start of the floor on top of the chassis ,still bits to add on

pic 6 , floorplan of the area behind the cab,holds the engine,air filter and various other bits on the real thing ...on Volker's original this was all one piece.

Will be back soon
  • JD500052.jpg
  • JD500053.jpg
  • JD500054.jpg
  • JD500055.jpg
  • JD500056.jpg
  • JD500058.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »imavingalaughaswell« (14. Januar 2010, 18:07)

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 15. Januar 2010, 06:28

update

and yet another update ....

been working on the area behind the cab ...

pics ....

be back soon
  • JD500061.jpg
  • JD500062.jpg
  • JD500063.jpg
  • JD500064.jpg

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 16. Januar 2010, 01:31

update

yup you guessed ..i'm back again lol ...

not much to say really ..pics do that ...

will be back ...
  • JD500001.jpg
  • JD500002.jpg
  • JD500003.jpg
  • JD500004.jpg

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2010, 08:16

update

well its been a few days i think since i last updated ...

okies this is maybe the first time ive really got set into a design and build project ,and ive now got to a point where ive hit a few problems with the first attempt ...

so build on "mark1" has now stopped ..its still there in one piece but i'm not adding any more to it ...

so onto "mark2" ,resolving some of the issues i have with the first as i go ...

first issue i'm dealing with on second build is a complete re-design of the chassis working from scale drawings rather than the original model from Volker's design ,the basic shape is more or less the same but ive corrected dimensions , going from "oh its near enough" to "its exact size",also adding internal stiffening,the main problem was with the overall size and the axle positions,this affected parts that should have fitted on top of the chassis ,but don't because axle positions are out a bit..

next on the list is a redisign of the wheels and another redisign of the axles and suspension set up ,again an issue with the wheels is the sharp edges from the side wall to the rim,this affects stearing of the wheels,bit hard to explain but it does ! ....

ok enough for now , when i get a bit more done i will post pics of new version ,pointing out changes ..

will be back soon...

Wolfgang Lemm

Erleuchteter

• »Wolfgang Lemm« ist männlich

Registrierungsdatum: 4. Dezember 2005

Beruf: Irgendwas mit Dipl.

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2010, 08:52

Hi,

So you will be starting all over again? Wow, that's what I'd call motivation ...! Your "mark 1" never looked that bad to me, but however ... good luck for your second go, it will continue to be quite a fascinating piece of modelling.

Cheers .... Wolfgang

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2010, 21:29

Ltm 11200

Hi,

what`s the diameter of the tyres on your modell ?

I`m still looking for your making

Michael

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 20. Januar 2010, 22:26

RE: Ltm 11200

Zitat

Originally posted by Michael112
Hi,

what`s the diameter of the tyres on your modell ?

I`m still looking for your making

Michael

55mm diameter ...

still working on the remake of them

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 31. Dezember 2010, 13:25

ello

hi folks ..i have started over of sorts with this project ..

LTM 11200-9.1

if it comes to it i can start duplicating the thread here ....

enjoy

Social Bookmarks